Mr. Zimmerman gets in trouble with his gun again

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Spacers's picture
Joined: 12/29/03
Posts: 4103
Mr. Zimmerman gets in trouble with his gun again

LAKE MARY, Fla. - George Zimmerman has been taken into custody in Central Florida after an incident involving a gun with another person at the home of his estranged wife's parents.

Lake Mary police say they were called to a house on Sprucewood Road on Monday afternoon after a report that Zimmerman was involved in an altercation with another person.

Shellie Zimmerman's parents, David and Machelle Dean, live at the home, but it's not yet known who was involved in the incident with George Zimmerman.

Lake Mary police spokesman Zach Hudson said police are "trying to determine what exactly happened."

A spokesman for former Local 6 legal analyst Mark O'Mara, Zimmerman's attorney in the Trayvon Martin case, said he had no comment at this time.

No other details were immediately available.

The fight comes days after Shellie Zimmerman filed for divorce and discussed her relationship with George Zimmerman on a TV interview.

Since being acquitted in the shooting death of Martin, George Zimmerman has been pulled over twice for speeding.

George Zimmerman questioned after alleged gun threat against wife | News - Home

And it turns out that he's had other domestic violence problems before he murdered Trayvon Martin.

In July 2005, he was arrested for ?resisting officer with violence.? The neighborhood watch volunteer who wanted to be a cop got into a scuffle with cops who were questioning a friend for alleged underage drinking. The charges were reduced and then waived after he entered an alcohol education program. Then in August 2005, Zimmerman?s former fiance sought a restraining order against him because of domestic violence. Zimmerman sought a restraining order against her in return. Both were granted.

George Zimmerman

And he's apparently also a rapist.

George Zimmerman?s attorney didn?t want the damaging statement of ?Witness 9? released. With good reason. From when he was 8 years old until he was 18, the killer of Trayvon Martin allegedly molested a female relative two years younger than he.

Zimmerman’s appalling and irrelevant alleged sexual assault - PostPartisan - The Washington Post

Why does this man still have a gun?

Alissa_Sal's picture
Joined: 06/29/06
Posts: 6427

WHAT!?! I am SHOCKED! For someone who stalks and kills unarmed teenagers, he seems like such a nice guy..../sarcasm.

Joined: 04/12/03
Posts: 1686

I can't say that I'm surprised. This won't be the last time either.

GloriaInTX's picture
Joined: 07/29/08
Posts: 4116

It's pretty obvious that Shellie Zimmerman is planning to cash in and write a book or something so is trying to make headlines and is looking for her 5 minutes of fame.

ClairesMommy's picture
Joined: 08/15/06
Posts: 2299

"GloriaInTX" wrote:

It's pretty obvious that Shellie Zimmerman is planning to cash in and write a book or something so is trying to make headlines and is looking for her 5 minutes of fame.

5 minutes of fame? I think she's gotten enough so-called 'fame' to last a lifetime. Don't even get me started on making headlines.

AlyssaEimers's picture
Joined: 08/22/06
Posts: 6568

I do not know what to think of all this. I do know I am past sick of hearing about George Zimmerman. I just can't drum it up within me to care anymore.

GloriaInTX's picture
Joined: 07/29/08
Posts: 4116

"ClairesMommy" wrote:

5 minutes of fame? I think she's gotten enough so-called 'fame' to last a lifetime. Don't even get me started on making headlines.

Ya I guess that is why she is scheduling TV interviews to discuss her divorce instead of quietly disappearing into the background. There is a book deal in the works you can bet on it.

ClairesMommy's picture
Joined: 08/15/06
Posts: 2299

"GloriaInTX" wrote:

Ya I guess that is why she is scheduling TV interviews to discuss her divorce instead of quietly disappearing into the background. There is a book deal in the works you can bet on it.

Okay, there's maybe a deal in the works. So what? Why should she disappear into the background? The media and the public have been obsessed over this case and she's been put in the spotlight. If she can make money off tv appearances and a book then good for her. She is not exploiting anyone more than they already have been.

Spacers's picture
Joined: 12/29/03
Posts: 4103

"GloriaInTX" wrote:

It's pretty obvious that Shellie Zimmerman is planning to cash in and write a book or something so is trying to make headlines and is looking for her 5 minutes of fame.

She's already going to get half of whatever settlement he gets from NBC, so she doesn't need to cash in on divorcing him. I can't imagine trying to cash in on the fact that I'd married a loser who stalked & killed a teenager and then refused to man up & take the consequences for it. And I won't bother wasting my money on someone who tried it. I don't see that here, I see a man with known violent history, who is pissed that his wife is divorcing him, and who went to her parents' house to talk some sense into her. When she wouldn't have any of it, he got even more pissed and did what comes naturally to him -- he reached for his gun. If she does write a book, I will not be surprised if it comes out that he's pulled a gun on her before.

And ETA that the more I think about this notion that Shellie for some reason set this up for her "5 minutes" the more I think that's just ridiculous. This is a man known for violent tendencies and known to carry a gun and known for actually killing someone in the heat of the moment. You don't set up **** like that against someone like that. She knows George better than to do that because she could very well end up as dead as Trayvon.

GloriaInTX's picture
Joined: 07/29/08
Posts: 4116

Oh please I listened to the 911 call and it was way over dramatized. She didn't even call 911 until he had already gone back to sit in his car, and she never once said he took out his gun. Then they were all standing out there watching him sit in his car while she was talking to 911. If she was really scared she would have gone inside and locked the door. She may not have set it up but she absolutely took advantage of the situation. She has plans to cash in just like everyone else, just like she was trying to cash in on the donated money she lied about.

Joined: 05/31/06
Posts: 4780

"GloriaInTX" wrote:

Oh please I listened to the 911 call and it was way over dramatized. She didn't even call 911 until he had already gone back to sit in his car, and she never once said he took out his gun. Then they were all standing out there watching him sit in his car while she was talking to 911. If she was really scared she would have gone inside and locked the door. She may not have set it up but she absolutely took advantage of the situation. She has plans to cash in just like everyone else, just like she was trying to cash in on the donated money she lied about.

Hey Gloria, if GZ walked up and shot your kid in the face, would you still be defending him?

The hard on you have for him is beyond ridiculous. I mean, we all know you have a soft spot for hispanic males but this is beyond the pale. FOr you to mention HER cashing in without mentioning HIM cashing in on murdering TM is nothing short of panting for this guys boxers. Its beyond weird.

GloriaInTX's picture
Joined: 07/29/08
Posts: 4116

"Potter75" wrote:

Hey Gloria, if GZ walked up and shot your kid in the face, would you still be defending him?

The hard on you have for him is beyond ridiculous. I mean, we all know you have a soft spot for hispanic males but this is beyond the pale. FOr you to mention HER cashing in without mentioning HIM cashing in on murdering TM is nothing short of panting for this guys boxers. Its beyond weird.

I'm not defending anyone. Where did I defend GZ? Saying that she is cashing in on the situation doesn't mean I am defending him. If you don't think its suspicious that she waits until he leaves to call 911 then I guess you will be shocked when her book comes out. Your personal attacks on me are a little weird to be honest.

Spacers's picture
Joined: 12/29/03
Posts: 4103

Oh, come on, Gloria. You were pretty much a GZ cheerleader this past year, so don't pretend otherwise.

And I don't think lying about donated money to try to keep your husband out of prison is "cashing in," it's simply trying to keep your husband out of prison while he's on trial. And really, she's not the sharpest tool in the shed, so maybe she was right when she said she didn't think of that money as "assets" they had available to use.

Joined: 04/12/03
Posts: 1686

Well okay then....Shellie provoked him and wants to cash in on his fame.

In six months, a year, 3 years or whenever GZ makes the news again for another act of violence, will it just be some opportunist trying to get attention?

Joined: 05/31/06
Posts: 4780

"GloriaInTX" wrote:

I'm not defending anyone. Where did I defend GZ? Saying that she is cashing in on the situation doesn't mean I am defending him. If you don't think its suspicious that she waits until he leaves to call 911 then I guess you will be shocked when her book comes out. Your personal attacks on me are a little weird to be honest.

You are funny.

MissyJ's picture
Joined: 01/31/02
Posts: 3229

"Potter75" wrote:

Hey Gloria, if GZ walked up and shot your kid in the face, would you still be defending him?

The hard on you have for him is beyond ridiculous. I mean, we all know you have a soft spot for hispanic males but this is beyond the pale. FOr you to mention HER cashing in without mentioning HIM cashing in on murdering TM is nothing short of panting for this guys boxers. Its beyond weird.

Melissa,

It is fine to question whether Gloria's opinion of GZ would change if her child was involved (and fine for Gloria to respond to that point as she did)... however -- all of the bolded is over the top and is entering into the personal digs / attacks/bashes. Those are unnecessary and can't continue.

Thanks,
~Missy

GloriaInTX's picture
Joined: 07/29/08
Posts: 4116

"Spacers" wrote:

Oh, come on, Gloria. You were pretty much a GZ cheerleader this past year, so don't pretend otherwise.

And I don't think lying about donated money to try to keep your husband out of prison is "cashing in," it's simply trying to keep your husband out of prison while he's on trial. And really, she's not the sharpest tool in the shed, so maybe she was right when she said she didn't think of that money as "assets" they had available to use.

I'm sorry is this debate about his trial? I thought it was about the events that happened this week. Just because I don't think he deserved to go to prison for an action he was justified in taking in self defense doesn't mean I agree with everything he does. Though it has already come out in this incident that he didn't even have a gun with him, I will certainly not defend the fact that he got into a fight with his wife and father-in-law. I still think she is trying to cash in though and called 911 because she knew it would get media attention.