OT - Anyone else agonizing over tomorrow? - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 94
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: OT - Anyone else agonizing over tomorrow?

  1. #51
    Posting Addict smsturner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    5,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlyssaEimers View Post
    Do you have anything to back that up? I find it very hard to believe without some sort of backing.
    There is a ton to back it up.
    World wants Obama to win US election | Joseph Stiglitz | Business | guardian.co.uk

    Why the world wants Obama to win - The Week

    And that is seriously just a couple....
    Susan, dh Tom, dd Megan, ds Marcus, ds #2 coming Feb, 2014

    Lilypie Maternity tickers

    I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26

  2. #52
    Posting Addict KimPossible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    20,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GloriaInTX View Post
    Well he won so its a pretty good assumption
    No, that assumption makes no sense, because of the people who did vote for him or did not, you don't know which percentages were influenced significantly by his race.

    Thats my point...its a really bad assumption.

  3. #53
    Posting Addict KimPossible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    20,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlyssaEimers View Post
    Do you have anything to back that up? I find it very hard to believe without some sort of backing.
    It was all over the new only a couple of weeks ago. I will go dig up the information if you want me to but it is extremely easy to find if you truly don't believe me.

  4. #54
    Prolific Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,237

    Default

    The majority of black voters typically vote democrat so I don't think it had to do with Obama being black.

    In 2004 74% of black voters identified with democrat.
    smsturner likes this.

  5. #55
    Posting Addict GloriaInTX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    7,732

    Default

    I'm not sure it is something to brag about.

    Why Ch?vez Backs Obama - WSJ.com
    Mom to Lee, Jake, Brandon, Rocco
    Stepmom to Ryan, Regan, Braden, Baley
    Granddaughters Kylie 10/18/2010 & Aleya 4/22/2013


    I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosopy, as a cause for withdrawing from a friend. --Thomas Jefferson

  6. #56
    Posting Addict GloriaInTX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    7,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica80 View Post
    The majority of black voters typically vote democrat so I don't think it had to do with Obama being black.

    In 2004 74% of black voters identified with democrat.
    I wasn't talking about black voters.
    Mom to Lee, Jake, Brandon, Rocco
    Stepmom to Ryan, Regan, Braden, Baley
    Granddaughters Kylie 10/18/2010 & Aleya 4/22/2013


    I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosopy, as a cause for withdrawing from a friend. --Thomas Jefferson

  7. #57
    Posting Addict KimPossible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    20,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GloriaInTX View Post
    I'm not sure it is something to brag about.

    Why Ch?vez Backs Obama - WSJ.com
    Not sure of your point.....since the leaders of Cuba and Venezuela support Obama, there is no signficance in the fact that is support world wide is so large?

    ok.

  8. #58
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GloriaInTX View Post
    I wasn't talking about black voters.
    There are a few different conversations going on in this thread. I think she was talking about the debate if people voted for Obama because he was black.
    Jessica80 likes this.

    ~Bonita~

  9. #59
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,854

    Default

    oops. DP

    ~Bonita~

  10. #60
    Posting Addict GloriaInTX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    7,732

    Default

    I'm glad I didn't have to vote here.

    Mom to Lee, Jake, Brandon, Rocco
    Stepmom to Ryan, Regan, Braden, Baley
    Granddaughters Kylie 10/18/2010 & Aleya 4/22/2013


    I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosopy, as a cause for withdrawing from a friend. --Thomas Jefferson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions