Resolutions. - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Resolutions.

  1. #21
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    15,363

    Default

    Thanks ladies ...I feel so much better, too.
    Potter75 likes this.
    Carolyn - 37
    Wife to Chad - 39
    Mom to Tom - 15
    Matt -11
    Nathan - 10


  2. #22
    Mega Poster mom3girls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,473

    Default

    We now have a family resolution! We were talking today about how much excess people have now and we decided to go a whole year without buying anything new that is not absolutely necessary. I am sure the kids will need some clothes this year, but we are only going to buy bare necessities. We are pretty excited about this, we will see if the kids still are after a couple of months
    Potter75 and Alissa_Sal like this.
    Lisa
    Molly, Morgan, Mia and Carson

  3. #23
    Community Host Minx_Kristi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Isle of Man, UK - Anything Topic board Mod
    Posts
    3,731

    Default

    It's all psychological imo. It's like when you are going to start a diet and it HAS to be a Monday.... New year is somewhat similar.

    I try not to make resolutions either, like people have set you're setting yourself up for disaster. Subconsciously though, I am on a path to try and lose a few lbs. I just haven't said it out loud yet!

    xx
    Me - Kristi, 30
    DD - Leia, July 5 2008

    I luurrrrrve to lurk!

  4. #24
    Prolific Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    I resolved last year to read out loud to my kids every day. It was a good resolution, I'm going to do it again this year.

  5. #25
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    23,556

    Default

    Carolyn -- you know I've been following your progress for ages on the WW board. You are amazing and inspirational. The rest of us have slipped back and are still struggling but you are awesome and amazing. So glad it is giving you such happiness. Well deserved!!!
    Laurie, mom to:
    Nathaniel ( 10 ) and Juliet ( 7 )




    Baking Adventures In A Messy Kitchen (blog)

  6. #26
    Posting Addict smsturner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    5,863

    Default

    I don't do resolutions. If there is something I want to change, we just go for it. I'm NOT patient, and would not wait until a new year came to do something I wanted done. lol

    I know I have work to do... lol But I try on a normal basis.

    I would like to be more patient. lol And I would like to calm my anxiety down. And I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want to be pregnant. While it's not a resolution, it's certainly my wish for the new year!
    mommytoMR.FACE likes this.
    Susan, dh Tom, dd Megan, ds Marcus, ds #2 coming Feb, 2014

    Lilypie Maternity tickers

    I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26

  7. #27
    Posting Addict Spacers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    My avatar is the tai chi -- a symbol of the eternal cycle of life
    Posts
    16,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mom3girls View Post
    We now have a family resolution! We were talking today about how much excess people have now and we decided to go a whole year without buying anything new that is not absolutely necessary. I am sure the kids will need some clothes this year, but we are only going to buy bare necessities. We are pretty excited about this, we will see if the kids still are after a couple of months
    I love love love consignment stores. I keep a donation bag in the corner near the kids' closet & my kids know when they outgrow something, to put it in that bag. When it's full, we take it in & they pick out a bunch of "new" stuff, and it barely costs me anything with the credit from things I've sold in the past. And the store I drop off with, donates anything they don't accept or that doesn't sell to local charities & needy families. Win win win!
    The number of U.S. states in which a person can marry the person they love regardless of gender: 30 and counting!

  8. #28
    Posting Addict smsturner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    5,863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spacers View Post
    I love love love consignment stores. I keep a donation bag in the corner near the kids' closet & my kids know when they outgrow something, to put it in that bag. When it's full, we take it in & they pick out a bunch of "new" stuff, and it barely costs me anything with the credit from things I've sold in the past. And the store I drop off with, donates anything they don't accept or that doesn't sell to local charities & needy families. Win win win!
    We do this too. We have what I call the thrift store bin. It all goes in there and we donate it every time it's full.
    Susan, dh Tom, dd Megan, ds Marcus, ds #2 coming Feb, 2014

    Lilypie Maternity tickers

    I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26

  9. #29
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smsturner View Post

    I would like to be more patient. lol And I would like to calm my anxiety down. And I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want to be pregnant. While it's not a resolution, it's certainly my wish for the new year!
    Aww, I really hope this year is the year for you.

    ~Bonita~

  10. #30
    Mega Poster mom3girls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spacers View Post
    I love love love consignment stores. I keep a donation bag in the corner near the kids' closet & my kids know when they outgrow something, to put it in that bag. When it's full, we take it in & they pick out a bunch of "new" stuff, and it barely costs me anything with the credit from things I've sold in the past. And the store I drop off with, donates anything they don't accept or that doesn't sell to local charities & needy families. Win win win!

    We do this too! But I dont buy used shoes, so 3 of my kids will at least need that. I think the oldest feet are done growing
    Lisa
    Molly, Morgan, Mia and Carson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions