Shoplifter Shot and Killed - Page 14
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 231
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Shoplifter Shot and Killed

  1. #131
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GloriaInTX View Post
    Exactly. This went way beyond petty theft when she decided to back her vehicle out whether she drove over the officer or not.

    You did read that the person who was shot was the passenger, correct? So she wasn't driving, you know. He didn't shoot the person who made a decision about anything relating to driving at all. She was simply sitting there. Now she's dead.

  2. #132
    Posting Addict GloriaInTX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    7,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Potter75 View Post
    You did read that the person who was shot was the passenger, correct? So she wasn't driving, you know. He didn't shoot the person who made a decision about anything relating to driving at all. She was simply sitting there. Now she's dead.
    Yes it sucks that the driver made that decision for her. It's probably not that easy to aim when you are being dragged by a car about to be run over. He was shooting at the driver. She still made the decision to shoplift and then run from the police and get in the car. Who knows what would have happened if the driver had actually taken her to the hospital, or even stopped at that point so they could have tried to save her life or call the ambulance so she might have lived. Is that the officer's fault too?

    Andrews began to drive away while the deputy was standing between the open door and the driver's seat.

    'She threw it in reverse and tried to run over the deputy,' said Harris County Sheriff's Office spokesperson Deputy Thomas Gilliland.

    'He confronted the suspects at exit of the store before they left. One female wouldn't stop, struck the deputy with her purse, ran off.'

    'I think it knocked him off balance and, in fear of his life and being ran over, he discharged his weapon at that point.'
    Read more: Walmart security guard shoots 'shoplifting' mother dead in parking lot as she tries to escape with two young children | Mail Online
    Mom to Lee, Jake, Brandon, Rocco
    Stepmom to Ryan, Regan, Braden, Baley
    Granddaughters Kylie 10/18/2010 & Aleya 4/22/2013


    I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosopy, as a cause for withdrawing from a friend. --Thomas Jefferson

  3. #133
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GloriaInTX View Post
    Yes it sucks that the driver made that decision for her. It's probably not that easy to aim when you are being dragged by a car about to be run over. He was shooting at the driver. She still made the decision to shoplift and then run from the police and get in the car.

    Its weird that we went from being dragged by a car about to be run over to being 100% fine with NO injuries, isn't it? How do you think that happened? Nothing about that raises questions in your mind? How do you think shooting a passenger helped solve this dire life threatening about to be run over situation you place him in?

    Do you think that officers ought to discharge their gun at cars loaded with children and unarmed women in crowded parking lots when they and you acknowledge that they cannot aim safely?

  4. #134
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Potter75 View Post
    I wasn't really in danger,
    Regardless of how you came to be there, if you are in an enclosure with a tiger, you are in danger. I still really believe the woman were the ones to escalated the situation. The fire fight was not over petty theft. It is over what happened next.
    Quote Originally Posted by ethanwinfield View Post

    You're saying to work as loss prevention at walmart they don't have to purchase a different uniform?
    This probably varies from State to State and city to city. My Walmart does not have a Police Officer working at it, but my Bilo does. He is every bit a Police Officer, with his Police Car parked right out front, dressed and acting as a Police Officer.

    ~Bonita~

  5. #135
    Posting Addict Spacers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    My avatar is the tai chi -- a symbol of the eternal cycle of life
    Posts
    16,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Potter75 View Post
    Stacey find it hugely ironic you go out of your way to tell your children how Santa is wrong to kill an animal for its warm fur but its fine to gun down a mother in front of her children.
    No, I tell my children that *we* don't kill animals for their fur. I also teach my children to respect other peoples' things -- as in don't steal -- and to have a healthy disrespect for authority figures -- as in don't go into a windowless office because the store manager or security guard says he saw you steal something, but do follow the reasonable directions of a uniformed police officer.
    70% of the U.S. population now lives in a state where same-sex marriage is legal. At 36 and counting!

  6. #136
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlyssaEimers View Post
    Regardless of how you came to be there, if you are in an enclosure with a tiger, you are in danger. I still really believe the woman were the ones to escalated the situation. The fire fight was not over petty theft. It is over what happened next.

    Its hard to call it a fire fight when one side isn't firing back because they don't have a gun. And how you got in the enclosure absolutely DOES matter if one is claiming self defense. To argue otherwise is simply being obtuse.

  7. #137
    Posting Addict GloriaInTX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    7,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Potter75 View Post
    Its hard to call it a fire fight when one side isn't firing back because they don't have a gun. And how you got in the enclosure absolutely DOES matter if one is claiming self defense. To argue otherwise is simply being obtuse.
    A car is every bit as deadly as a gun.
    Mom to Lee, Jake, Brandon, Rocco
    Stepmom to Ryan, Regan, Braden, Baley
    Granddaughters Kylie 10/18/2010 & Aleya 4/22/2013


    I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosopy, as a cause for withdrawing from a friend. --Thomas Jefferson

  8. #138
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Potter75 View Post
    Its hard to call it a fire fight when one side isn't firing back because they don't have a gun. And how you got in the enclosure absolutely DOES matter if one is claiming self defense. To argue otherwise is simply being obtuse.
    I did not say if it was self defence or not, I said if he was in danger.

    ~Bonita~

  9. #139
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GloriaInTX View Post
    A car is every bit as deadly as a gun.

    Then we agree that he was very stupid to throw himself at one. He should have stayed away from such a weapon and called for back up.

  10. #140
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlyssaEimers View Post
    I did not say if it was self defence or not, I said if he was in danger.
    The crux of the entire argument relies on that. If we are talking about this debate his danger is inherent to the debate.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions