Shutdown - Page 7
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 208
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Shutdown

  1. #61
    Posting Addict GloriaInTX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    7,737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClairesMommy View Post
    I have a great idea! Y'all can bring your business and investments and families here to Canada. It's a nice, safe country (relatively speaking, of course) and in turn you'll have a single payer health care system that actually works and is cheap. Just leave your hand guns at home.
    The one where you have to pay for your own surgery or get on a waiting list? No thanks!
    Mom to Lee, Jake, Brandon, Rocco
    Stepmom to Ryan, Regan, Braden, Baley
    Granddaughters Kylie 10/18/2010 & Aleya 4/22/2013


    I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosopy, as a cause for withdrawing from a friend. --Thomas Jefferson

  2. #62
    Posting Addict KimPossible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    20,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GloriaInTX View Post
    Yes I do think its an ok thing to do. I don't think its any more unethical than the way the Democrats passed Obamacare in the first place.
    Interesting. So are you saying that "the way that the democrats passed obamacare in the first place" was ethical (because you think that this is okay to do)

    Or are you saying you think both are unethical.

  3. #63
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,870

    Default Abortion Mentioned

    Quote Originally Posted by KimPossible View Post
    Interesting. So are you saying that "the way that the democrats passed obamacare in the first place" was ethical (because you think that this is okay to do)

    Or are you saying you think both are unethical.
    I am not Gloria, but I think they are both unethical. I also do not think the democrats would hesitate for one minute to do the same thing if the situation was reversed. For example, if the POTUS was a Republican and the Republicans were trying to ban all abortions that Democrats would dig their heels in and do whatever necessary to stop it including not pass a budget.

    ~Bonita~

  4. #64
    Posting Addict ClairesMommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GloriaInTX View Post
    The one where you have to pay for your own surgery or get on a waiting list? No thanks!
    I have coverage for that, Gloria, through my employer. It's called Blue Cross and it's the plan my employer provides. There's no wait list for non-urgent surgeries in the US? Please. And, even if I had to pay the full $2800 out of my own pocket, it is a pittance compared to the cost of hospital stays and surgeries in the US. Give me a break. Know what I pay extended benefits - keeping in mind that I don't pay anything out of pocket for my Alberta Health Care basic benefits - $50 a pay cheque, for the highest tier of group coverage possible from Blue Cross, and that covers my entire family for practically everything. And you're all up in arms about $2800 for a one-time procedure? That is laughable. You have paid more for health care than I ever will.

  5. #65
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClairesMommy View Post
    There's no wait list for non-urgent surgeries in the US?
    Speaking only to this - No, there is not. I was able to schedule my tubes being tied for less than a week after I called. At least in this area, I have not heard of a surgery needing to be more than 2 or so weeks out and that is because of the individual doctor's schedule not the hospital.

    ~Bonita~

  6. #66
    Posting Addict GloriaInTX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    7,737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClairesMommy View Post
    I have coverage for that, Gloria, through my employer. It's called Blue Cross and it's the plan my employer provides. There's no wait list for non-urgent surgeries in the US? Please. And, even if I had to pay the full $2800 out of my own pocket, it is a pittance compared to the cost of hospital stays and surgeries in the US. Give me a break. Know what I pay extended benefits - keeping in mind that I don't pay anything out of pocket for my Alberta Health Care basic benefits - $50 a pay cheque, for the highest tier of group coverage possible from Blue Cross, and that covers my entire family for practically everything. And you're all up in arms about $2800 for a one-time procedure? That is laughable. You have paid more for health care than I ever will.
    Nothing is free in this world. That benefit you receive is coming out of tax money, either yours or someone else's. You are just paying for it in a different way.
    Rivergallery likes this.
    Mom to Lee, Jake, Brandon, Rocco
    Stepmom to Ryan, Regan, Braden, Baley
    Granddaughters Kylie 10/18/2010 & Aleya 4/22/2013


    I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosopy, as a cause for withdrawing from a friend. --Thomas Jefferson

  7. #67
    Posting Addict KimPossible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    20,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlyssaEimers View Post
    I am not Gloria, but I think they are both unethical.
    Okay, glad to see we agree that the behavior by the republicans right now is unethical.

  8. #68
    Posting Addict GloriaInTX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    7,737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KimPossible View Post
    Interesting. So are you saying that "the way that the democrats passed obamacare in the first place" was ethical (because you think that this is okay to do)

    Or are you saying you think both are unethical.
    It was the Democrats bending of the rules that put us in this predicament in the first place. If the Republicans have to try and bend the same rules to get us out of it I am ok with that. Do you think the way that the Democrats passed Obamacare was ethical?
    Mom to Lee, Jake, Brandon, Rocco
    Stepmom to Ryan, Regan, Braden, Baley
    Granddaughters Kylie 10/18/2010 & Aleya 4/22/2013


    I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosopy, as a cause for withdrawing from a friend. --Thomas Jefferson

  9. #69
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KimPossible View Post
    Okay, glad to see we agree that the behavior by the republicans right now is unethical.
    I said right from the begining of the debate that I think both parties are at fault. I actually think both sides are acting like spoiled brats and the American people are the ones that are paying the price. I just do not think that it is ONLY the republicans fault.

    ~Bonita~

  10. #70
    Posting Addict KimPossible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    20,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GloriaInTX View Post
    It was the Democrats bending of the rules that put us in this predicament in the first place. If the Republicans have to try and bend the same rules to get us out of it I am ok with that. Do you think the way that the Democrats passed Obamacare was ethical?
    I dont understand why you try to excuse what is going on right now...at this moment. Either its an okay thing to do or its not. If you think its ok! then fine! But you are consistently skirting the subject.

    There is a lot of crappy things that go on in the government. I'd be glad to debate all those other instances with you in other threads. But right now we are talking about how the Republicans have chosen to handle this issue.

    I get this feeling that you are excusing it....but don't ACTUALLY believe that its a good or right thing to do. Because you are consistently qualifying it with all these bad things that you feel democrats did and won't explicitly say "this is an appropriate way to get changes to a law that you don't like"

    If thats your stance you should just own it and stop dancing around the subject.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions