Trick or Treat (Fluff) - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 40 of 40
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Trick or Treat (Fluff)

  1. #31
    Posting Addict ClairesMommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ftmom View Post
    I am in BC, but only about 20 min from the border. We must all be getting the same weather system though. At least we got some sun today, but -26 with windchill right now. I dont see a ton of trick or treating being done tonight.
    We're not that cold just yet, but expecting ice pellets this afternoon. Oh goodie. I have to leave work early to buy a black turtleneck for DD and some long johns too. There's no way she will wear a snowsuit over her costume, and it won't fit underneath! It's -11 with windchill here. But looks like we're getting a chinook this weekend!!! Yay!!!

  2. #32
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ftmom View Post
    I am in BC, but only about 20 min from the border. We must all be getting the same weather system though. At least we got some sun today, but -26 with windchill right now. I dont see a ton of trick or treating being done tonight.
    Educate me please. What is that in the US?

    ~Bonita~

  3. #33
    Prolific Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlyssaEimers View Post
    Educate me please. What is that in the US?
    If my calculations are right that's about 14-15 below 0 in F.

  4. #34
    Posting Addict Alissa_Sal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Debating Away on the Debate Board!
    Posts
    11,770

    Default

    )Do you take your kids trick or treating on Halloween? Yes, I love going trick or treating with T. I think I like it as much as he does.

    2)If so, what time do you start out? (Earlier than dusk? Later?) About 6, which is around dusk.

    3)Dinner before or after? (Also, do you have a *traditional* meal?) Quick dinner before. Usually pizza.


    On the "giving" end:

    4)Do you and your partner both take the kids or one stay behind to give out candy? I take T trick or treating, DH stays home to hand out candy.

    5)When do you "close" / end? When the candy runs out or at a certain hour? I always buy too much candy, so we never run out. We shut it down around 8:30 ish.
    -Alissa, mom to Tristan (5) and Reid (the baby!)

    Got an opinion? We've got a board! Come join us for some lively debate on the Face Off! Debate Arena board.

  5. #35
    Posting Addict mom2robbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    5,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClairesMommy View Post
    I think that's me. Go Stamps Go. Kyla is in BC I think.

    It's going to be a chilly Trick or Treat tonight. Snow, sub-zero, windy. Fun.
    LOL, do I blame my dyslexia or my mom's death making my brain mush

    And you can have the Stamps - I don't do football Now, I am an Oil fan all the way - wonder if there is even going to be any hockey this year...

    DH told me about the "ice pellet" forecast. What the heck is that! Never heard ice pellet as a weather system before. Robbie is going to the mall, might do a couple of neighbours.
    Margaret (44)
    Sean (38 )
    Robbie (8 )
    Bailey (April 2, 2011)


    "The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind." Caroline Myss

  6. #36
    Posting Addict mom2robbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    5,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ftmom View Post
    I'm about 5 hours away, just over the BC border. Incredibly, that makes Edmonton our closest big city
    Edmonton is good for some things Did you know that West Edmonton Mall just opened a Pottery Barn?
    Margaret (44)
    Sean (38 )
    Robbie (8 )
    Bailey (April 2, 2011)


    "The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind." Caroline Myss

  7. #37
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica80 View Post
    If my calculations are right that's about 14-15 below 0 in F.
    Yikes! That is crazy.

    ~Bonita~

  8. #38
    Posting Addict ClairesMommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mom2robbie View Post
    LOL, do I blame my dyslexia or my mom's death making my brain mush

    And you can have the Stamps - I don't do football Now, I am an Oil fan all the way - wonder if there is even going to be any hockey this year...

    DH told me about the "ice pellet" forecast. What the heck is that! Never heard ice pellet as a weather system before. Robbie is going to the mall, might do a couple of neighbours.
    I guess it's like rain but it gets colder closer to the ground so it freezes before it hits the earth. IDK. We had this really cool, creepy ice fog last night. It was right out of a horror flick. But it was -18 and super windy and by the time we got half way around the loop DD was like "Mommy my face is frozen and I just want to go home."

  9. #39
    Posting Addict ClairesMommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mom2robbie View Post
    Edmonton is good for some things Did you know that West Edmonton Mall just opened a Pottery Barn?
    I went there once and made the mistake of wearing high heeled boots. What I should've worn was my cross trainers.
    mom2robbie likes this.

  10. #40
    Posting Addict mom2robbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    5,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClairesMommy View Post
    I went there once and made the mistake of wearing high heeled boots. What I should've worn was my cross trainers.
    I worked for the West Ed when I first moved to Edmonton from Toronto. There was times I had to basically run the entire mall to get between attractions in 5 minutes when I would be doing breaks. When you are in an obvious West Ed uniform it is really hard not to have to stop every 10 steps to give someone directions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions