Valentine's Day (fluff) - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 57
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Valentine's Day (fluff)

  1. #21
    Prolific Poster ftmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mom2robbie View Post
    So just to update everyone... I decided to take in Sean's 10th anniversary ring and get the back filled so it will fit nicer and he will stop getting rashes on his finger. I also asked them to engrave "I love you" on it. It will not be done until next week but that is ok because we really trust this jeweler, he has done awesome work for us before. He knows part of what I am doing and knows that his ring will be late. I have a card for him and a big dark chocolate bar (his favourite) for him as well. Hard to believe our fist date was 12 years ago, some ways it feels shorter and some ways longer.
    Thats awesome! The open spaces on my rings give me rashes too, so I know he will appreciate that. Even when I am a good weight to wear mine, I have to take breaks to let my fingers heal.
    Kyla
    Mom to Arianna (5), Conner (3) and Trent (my baby)

  2. #22
    Posting Addict KimPossible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    20,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mom2robbie View Post
    Do you do anything special for your DH/SO for Valentine's day? What do you do?

    For us it is the anniversary of our first date so I always try to do something. This year I am not sure what to do, we have been together for 12 years this February 14th.
    Valentine's day is exactly a week after my birthday and typically we end up going out for my birthday.

    Really Valentine's day comes at the end of such a long run of stuff that we typically skip it. Christmas, then Seamus' birthday, then Cecilia's birthday then My birthday.....valentine's day? eh.

    My SIL actually offerred to watch our kids this Thursday night if we wanted to go out for dinner. I can honestly tell you we are considering not bothering. We just went out to our favorite restaurant last Friday for my birthday (and we are going there again in March to meet a friend from out of town).

    I know...we are crazy to pass up an opportunity to go out...but sometimes you just feel like you have to sit still, you know?
    boilermaker likes this.

  3. #23
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KimPossible View Post
    Valentine's day is exactly a week after my birthday and typically we end up going out for my birthday.

    Really Valentine's day comes at the end of such a long run of stuff that we typically skip it. Christmas, then Seamus' birthday, then Cecilia's birthday then My birthday.....valentine's day? eh.

    My SIL actually offerred to watch our kids this Thursday night if we wanted to go out for dinner. I can honestly tell you we are considering not bothering. We just went out to our favorite restaurant last Friday for my birthday (and we are going there again in March to meet a friend from out of town).

    I know...we are crazy to pass up an opportunity to go out...but sometimes you just feel like you have to sit still, you know?
    Happy Belated Birthday!

    ~Bonita~

  4. #24
    Posting Addict ClairesMommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ftmom View Post
    Thats awesome! The open spaces on my rings give me rashes too, so I know he will appreciate that. Even when I am a good weight to wear mine, I have to take breaks to let my fingers heal.
    My wedding ring was doing that too - it's a flat band with channel set diamonds and I was constantly breaking out in a terrible, eczema-like rash. I took it into Spence for a good ultrasonic cleaning and haven't broken out since. It was just gunk and cleaning products and chemicals all stuck in the holes that was making me break out. I knew it had to be something to do with that and not the gold itself since my engagement ring never gives me a rash. A great way to clean your rings at home is with toothpaste!

  5. #25
    Mega Poster mom3girls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,440

    Default

    Can I say how much I LOATHE valentines day? Dumbest holiday ever. I pretty much refuse to do anything for DH on Vday (besides maybe a little extra nookie) and I dont want anything from him either.

    Yesterday I heard my 10 year old tell DH that she saw an ad for a bracelet, roses, and chocolate for $99. She thought he should buy that for me. My 5 year old was walking through the room and said "Nope, Mommy likes boots better" She knows me so well
    Lisa
    Molly, Morgan, Mia and Carson

  6. #26
    Posting Addict ClairesMommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,517

    Default

    I am off work today for a whole slew of appts so after I'm done I'm going to get some red velvet cake mix and do mini cupcakes with pink frosting. Tomorrow is their V-day thing at school because Thurs and Fri there's no school. I should've been a teacher. I think they have one extra extra long weekend every month - at least 4 or sometimes 5 days off in a row.

  7. #27
    Mega Poster mom3girls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,440

    Default

    Oh I did buy some AWESOME band aids for my kids this year, I may give them to the kids on Thursday if I can wait that long. Check out Perpetual Kid.com funny stuff
    Lisa
    Molly, Morgan, Mia and Carson

  8. #28
    Posting Addict mom2robbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    5,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClairesMommy View Post
    My wedding ring was doing that too - it's a flat band with channel set diamonds and I was constantly breaking out in a terrible, eczema-like rash. I took it into Spence for a good ultrasonic cleaning and haven't broken out since. It was just gunk and cleaning products and chemicals all stuck in the holes that was making me break out. I knew it had to be something to do with that and not the gold itself since my engagement ring never gives me a rash. A great way to clean your rings at home is with toothpaste!
    We took it in for a cleaning and within a week he has an issue again, it is like his skin gets sucked up into the area, and the rest of the ring that is filled does not have the issue
    Margaret (44)
    Sean (38 )
    Robbie (8 )
    Bailey (April 2, 2011)


    "The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind." Caroline Myss

  9. #29
    Prolific Poster ftmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,378

    Default

    I am pretty sure that moisture gets trapped in the cavity under mine, and I do have really bad blistering eczema that flairs up from it, I think. Might try getting them cleaned though and see if that makes a difference. I could see if they had a bacteria or something inside it, that the moisture would make it worse.
    Kyla
    Mom to Arianna (5), Conner (3) and Trent (my baby)

  10. #30
    Posting Addict mom2robbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    5,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ftmom View Post
    I am pretty sure that moisture gets trapped in the cavity under mine, and I do have really bad blistering eczema that flairs up from it, I think. Might try getting them cleaned though and see if that makes a difference. I could see if they had a bacteria or something inside it, that the moisture would make it worse.
    probably, the jeweler we use figured that the fill and cleaning would take care of it, Sean is an engineer for the oil fields and tends to work in messy environments and I don't know how good he is at taking his ring off at work
    Margaret (44)
    Sean (38 )
    Robbie (8 )
    Bailey (April 2, 2011)


    "The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind." Caroline Myss

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions