Where did everyone go? (OT)

37 posts / 0 new
Last post
AlyssaEimers's picture
Joined: 08/22/06
Posts: 6561
Where did everyone go? (OT)

Where is everyone? Did you all have a nice weekend?

Joined: 11/28/06
Posts: 848

We had a dance competition this past weekend and now I have a sick kiddo. Been extremely busy.

ftmom's picture
Joined: 09/04/06
Posts: 1538

I was thinking the same thing. I have had a baby sick with an ear infection, who wont let me out of his sight, and would prefer to be in my arms.....so typing is difficult Smile I feel so bad for him. This is our third round of antibiotics. We thought we had it kicked last time, and then it flared back up last week.

Anyways, today is family day here in BC, so I still have kids home from school. I wanted to do something fun with the kids today, but DH wants to clean out the spare room and 'get things done', so we will see. He is still sleeping at the moment....wish I was too Smile

What did you do this weekend?

KimPossible's picture
Joined: 05/24/06
Posts: 3312

I was wondering the same thing.

I've been mostly in lurk mode because i haven't had time for more than that. Been working extremely long hours for my job for the last month or so. Between that and the family...little time for much else!

But i do enjoy skimming and seeing whats going on here...no one's posting! Smile

AlyssaEimers's picture
Joined: 08/22/06
Posts: 6561

"ftmom" wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. I have had a baby sick with an ear infection, who wont let me out of his sight, and would prefer to be in my arms.....so typing is difficult Smile I feel so bad for him. This is our third round of antibiotics. We thought we had it kicked last time, and then it flared back up last week.

Anyways, today is family day here in BC, so I still have kids home from school. I wanted to do something fun with the kids today, but DH wants to clean out the spare room and 'get things done', so we will see. He is still sleeping at the moment....wish I was too Smile

What did you do this weekend?

Aww, hope he is feeling better soon.

My weekend went well. Yesterday was busy with church then a Valentines banquet. I was frustrated when we got home last night. Our Kindle Fire is gone. The only possible conclusion I have is that the baby sitter had sticky fingers. She is so sweet I can't possibly imagine that she would have, but we looked everywhere. The whole situation makes me feel sick inside.

ftmom's picture
Joined: 09/04/06
Posts: 1538

"AlyssaEimers" wrote:

Aww, hope he is feeling better soon.

My weekend went well. Yesterday was busy with church then a Valentines banquet. I was frustrated when we got home last night. Our Kindle Fire is gone. The only possible conclusion I have is that the baby sitter had sticky fingers. She is so sweet I can't possibly imagine that she would have, but we looked everywhere. The whole situation makes me feel sick inside.

That sucks! Maybe call her and ask if she knows where it is, or if she 'accidentally' put it in her bag and took it home with her? Give her a chance to give it back with no consequences. Sometimes people do stupid things and then get stuck in their own actions and need to be given an 'out'.

I hope you get it back.

ftmom's picture
Joined: 09/04/06
Posts: 1538

"Alana*sMommy" wrote:

We had a dance competition this past weekend and now I have a sick kiddo. Been extremely busy.

How did the competition go? I think of you every time I watch dance moms Smile I know thats not really a compliment, I dont get the impression that you are like that, it just makes me think of you.

AlyssaEimers's picture
Joined: 08/22/06
Posts: 6561

"ftmom" wrote:

That sucks! Maybe call her and ask if she knows where it is, or if she 'accidentally' put it in her bag and took it home with her? Give her a chance to give it back with no consequences. Sometimes people do stupid things and then get stuck in their own actions and need to be given an 'out'.

I hope you get it back.

We did send her a text asking her if she saw it and she said it was on the couch. DD said it was on the couch. It is not on the couch. We tore it apart. DH sent her a message asking if it was possible that our three year old put it in her purse, but we have not heard back. She is a college student, so I believe she is probably in class.

Alissa_Sal's picture
Joined: 06/29/06
Posts: 6427

Sorry I have been kind of MIA for the past couple of weeks. Last week I was traveling for part of the week (went to Atlanta and Phoenix to go see clients) and then just slammed the rest of the week. The week before I had in town client meetings, and then was scrambling to get my presentations put together for my Atlanta and Phoenix trips. This week I am in better shape. I'm flying to Seattle tomorrow, and I have an onsite client visit in Denver on Thursday, but at least all of my presentations for those are done which frees up more of my computer time. And after this week, it's going to be easy sailing right into maternity leave! No more traveling, no more serious presentations to knock out, just kind of keeping up with the day to day stuff until my last day (right now scheduled for March 18th.) Huzzah!

Anyway, hope that everyone had a great weekend and hope to be more "present" here on the board for most of this week. Smile

ETA: Bonita, that is awful that your babysitter might have taken your Kindle! How disappointing if that is true!

AlyssaEimers's picture
Joined: 08/22/06
Posts: 6561

"Alissa_Sal" wrote:

Sorry I have been kind of MIA for the past couple of weeks. Last week I was traveling for part of the week (went to Atlanta and Phoenix to go see clients) and then just slammed the rest of the week. The week before I had in town client meetings, and then was scrambling to get my presentations put together for my Atlanta and Phoenix trips. This week I am in better shape. I'm flying to Seattle tomorrow, and I have an onsite client visit in Denver on Thursday, but at least all of my presentations for those are done which frees up more of my computer time. And after this week, it's going to be easy sailing right into maternity leave! No more traveling, no more serious presentations to knock out, just kind of keeping up with the day to day stuff until my last day (right now scheduled for March 18th.) Huzzah!

Anyway, hope that everyone had a great weekend and hope to be more "present" here on the board for most of this week. Smile

ETA: Bonita, that is awful that your babysitter might have taken your Kindle! How disappointing if that is true!

Hi Alissa. I forget, what kind of a job do you have?

I am also hoping it was not the babysitter.

Joined: 05/31/06
Posts: 4780

My husband had school this weekend so was gone until Sat night. We had plans and a reservation at a restaurant we love as sat was our anniversary but we cancelled them as we aren't comfortable leaving the baby yet. Instead I had my sitter come in the AM and finally got to get out to the store and get groceries (Bonita I thought of you when my bill was $395, but given the events of the past two weeks it had been two weeks since I grocery shopped) and I did some manic cleaning and made a huge pot of meatballs and sausage and gravy. That night we had a low key celebration with good wine and great take out and watched Argo. Sunday we took a nice walk around our town and did some shopping, it was the first time we had even put the baby in the car and it felt wonderful to be out as a family for an hour or two. We had friends over with their kids for dinner yesterday. We are still in lockdown so no going to the gym and trying to limit contact with other kids and out little guy for at least another week as he is absolutely not back to 100% yet and we can't risk him getting sick while he is still weak.

AlyssaEimers's picture
Joined: 08/22/06
Posts: 6561

Glad to hear from you Melissa and that your little guy is on the mend.

Joined: 11/28/06
Posts: 848

"ftmom" wrote:

How did the competition go? I think of you every time I watch dance moms Smile I know thats not really a compliment, I dont get the impression that you are like that, it just makes me think of you.

This was her first competition of the season and it went really well. Her trio placed 1st overall and her group dance placed 2nd overall. Can't complain Smile

smsturner's picture
Joined: 05/11/09
Posts: 1303

I also plead guilty to just being in lurk mode. I've been busy and my mind has been elsewhere.... namely on our BFP we finally got this weekend!! :love3:

"Alana*sMommy" wrote:

We had a dance competition this past weekend and now I have a sick kiddo. Been extremely busy.

Hey you! it's been awhile since I've seen you Smile Hope you are doing well!

AlyssaEimers's picture
Joined: 08/22/06
Posts: 6561

"smsturner" wrote:

I also plead guilty to just being in lurk mode. I've been busy and my mind has been elsewhere.... namely on our BFP we finally got this weekend!! Biggrin

I have been stalking you on the DYSAL board. Again, I am SO HAPPY for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KimPossible's picture
Joined: 05/24/06
Posts: 3312

Congrats Susan!

Joined: 03/08/03
Posts: 3189

"smsturner" wrote:

I also plead guilty to just being in lurk mode. I've been busy and my mind has been elsewhere.... namely on our BFP we finally got this weekend!! :love3:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! So happy for you!

smsturner's picture
Joined: 05/11/09
Posts: 1303

Thank you ladies Smile
We are very excited!

Joined: 03/08/03
Posts: 3189

I will always remember the thrill of those positive tests. Such happy moments!!!

mom3girls's picture
Joined: 01/09/07
Posts: 1535

Susan, I just yelled out when I saw your ticker!!!!!! Congratulations!

Sapphire Sunsets's picture
Joined: 05/19/02
Posts: 672

We've been digging out from all the snow we got. We had 5 ft drifts in some spots. My arms/back/neck have all been hurting.

fuchsiasky's picture
Joined: 11/16/07
Posts: 955

I am packing all the time these days. We move in April and have a lot of stuff to sort through and get rid of. So I lurk here when I take breaks, but otherwise I am in perpetual cleaning mode. Blech. I can't wait for it all to be done.

AlyssaEimers's picture
Joined: 08/22/06
Posts: 6561

We found the Kindle! Yay! It had fallen down a whole under the couch.

AlyssaEimers's picture
Joined: 08/22/06
Posts: 6561

I forgot to mention that we also all got our hair cut this weekend. DD1 had hair all the way down to her bottom and got 12 inches cut off. She donated it to Locks of Love. All of us got our hair cut (bob length), but she is the only one who had enough hair to donate. DD1 had quite a shocking response because she is most known for her long hair.

ClairesMommy's picture
Joined: 08/15/06
Posts: 2299

"AlyssaEimers" wrote:

I forgot to mention that we also all got our hair cut this weekend. DD1 had hair all the way down to her bottom and got 12 inches cut off. She donated it to Locks of Love. All of us got our hair cut (bob length), but she is the only one who had enough hair to donate. DD1 had quite a shocking response because she is most known for her long hair.

I did the same, but to the Pantene Beautiful Lengths/Canadian Cancer Society thing. The rules for donation are quite rigid! I had no idea until I did it what was entailed.

mom3girls's picture
Joined: 01/09/07
Posts: 1535

Both of my older girls have donated to locks of love 2x. My youngest DD was pretty close to it being long enough, but then she cut off a huge chunk

ClairesMommy's picture
Joined: 08/15/06
Posts: 2299

We laid pretty low this weekend. Ben had surgery on Thurs and then he picked up a cough so we didn't do our usual weekend swim. Claire and I prepped her Valentines stuff for school, we did massive amounts of laundry and just cleaned the house. We were going to go skating on the pond yesterday but time didn't permit. It gets pretty dark pretty early. Plus, I'm still getting over this stupid inner ear infection and have been quite dizzy so skating isn't really the best idea for me Wink On Friday there was a huge house fire in our neighbourhood. The kids and I walked over to where it was - of course it was cordoned off and we were at a safe distance. Ben was fascinated by the huge ladder truck and all the lights and activity. It was sad that the house was completely gutted and a family is homeless. That about sums up the weekend.

AlyssaEimers's picture
Joined: 08/22/06
Posts: 6561

"ClairesMommy" wrote:

I did the same, but to the Pantene Beautiful Lengths/Canadian Cancer Society thing. The rules for donation are quite rigid! I had no idea until I did it what was entailed.

She was quite excited about it. It was a lot of hair though. Let me see if I can find a before and after picture.

ClairesMommy's picture
Joined: 08/15/06
Posts: 2299

"AlyssaEimers" wrote:

She was quite excited about it. It was a lot of hair though. Let me see if I can find a before and after picture.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours Wink

AlyssaEimers's picture
Joined: 08/22/06
Posts: 6561

mommytoMR.FACE's picture
Joined: 04/10/09
Posts: 781

"AlyssaEimers" wrote:

Where is everyone? Did you all have a nice weekend?

I just got the iphone5 so I've been a little obsessed with that rather than getting on my laptop, lol! I'm so lame.

KimPossible's picture
Joined: 05/24/06
Posts: 3312

"mommytoMR.FACE" wrote:

I just got the iphone5 so I've been a little obsessed with that rather than getting on my laptop, lol! I'm so lame.

I just got a new phone too! And yes I admit that has eaten some of my time. I got a Galaxy Note 2.

mommytoMR.FACE's picture
Joined: 04/10/09
Posts: 781

"KimPossible" wrote:

I just got a new phone too! And yes I admit that has eaten some of my time. I got a Galaxy Note 2.

How do you like it? I've always used Android even though I own a Macbook and iPad and when my upgrade time cam around, I decided to the give the iphone a shot. I am so so so pleased with it. I don't think I ever want to go back to Android now!

Joined: 08/17/04
Posts: 2226

Just got home about 3ish today. Left here early Saturday afternoon. Lost power on Friday night at 830 and went to my mom's since they had power. Finally got back on this morning and then the furnace wouldn't turn on! Home and warm now!

Joined: 03/08/03
Posts: 3189

On Friday night the site would not load for me. Even today I had some issues here & there, sometimes it slows down to a crawl!

Then over the weekend I was just busy with the kids, baking, blogging, etc.

AlyssaEimers's picture
Joined: 08/22/06
Posts: 6561

Glad you are all back.

KimPossible's picture
Joined: 05/24/06
Posts: 3312

"mommytoMR.FACE" wrote:

How do you like it? I've always used Android even though I own a Macbook and iPad and when my upgrade time cam around, I decided to the give the iphone a shot. I am so so so pleased with it. I don't think I ever want to go back to Android now!

I love it! I use my phone for work a lot and I like the big screen. My old phone was an android too but they stopped updating the OS several versions ago. This one is a whole different experience really. Overall, I like android and the fact that its open source, the techie/computer programmer in me wants to stay loyal. I ALMOST bit the apple bullet this time around because my mother was given an iPad for Christmas and if I had, i could have face-timed with her.

But really, the feeling forced to purchase apple products because of their proprietary software is one of the main reasons I don't want to buy apple...so i resisted.

in the meanwhile, my MIL, FIL, all of Seamus' siblings and spouses and several of my siblings/spouses all have iphones now. So i guess Seamus and I are the odd ducks Smile