Zimmerman Trial - Page 21
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 215
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Zimmerman Trial

  1. #201
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,461

    Default

    All i "pack" for is vacations and it ain't a gun. We don't do vigilante stuff round these parts.
    Spacers likes this.

  2. #202
    Posting Addict Rivergallery's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    9,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SID081108 View Post
    BUt again, this is where we have to get back to HIS neighborhood and not ours. It just doesn't make sense to me to judge "what I would do" based on what is the norm where I live. That neighborhood was anything but rural, and as I said I would be willing to bed there were regularly people walking around who did not live there. (as is the case in pretty much any city/suburban neighborhood.)
    Ok lets go to that point -
    This was a neighborhood watchman.. he was the person in charge of the watch.
    There had been a rash of burgleries.
    This person wasn't normally there.
    He called 911.
    He approached the person.
    The over 6ft male got him on the ground and bashed his head against the ground...
    He then shot the person.

    He didn't snipe the person.. the person was beating him before he pulled his gun.


    IF the boy had just calmly talked to Zimmerman instead of them fighting, he would have been fine.
    This boy was very large, the photos in the media are not current. And Zimmerman was not 250lbs. There was a LOT of mis reporting here.

    I do not see where Zimmerman broke the law at any point what so ever.

    ----
    Let's assume for a minute that Zimmerman is a total lier.
    1- his neighbors trusted him - fact he was in charge of their neighborhood safety.
    2- the neighborhood felt they needed a watch, and that the police had not been doing their job.
    3- Trayvon had been kicked out of school 3 times.
    4- Trayvon had buglerized other places.
    5- Trayvon didn't just talk to Zimmerman.
    6- Zimmerman's friends say he wasn't racist.
    7- Trayvon uttered racial slurs.

    This only made national news because Zimmerman has lighter skin. We never have this type of outrage over black on black murders.... consider.. why...
    DH-Aug 30th 1997 Josiah - 6/3/02 Isaac 7/31/03

  3. #203
    Community Host Alissa_Sal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Debating Away on the Debate Board!
    Posts
    11,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Potter75 View Post
    All i "pack" for is vacations and it ain't a gun. We don't do vigilante stuff round these parts.
    I pack every day. MY LUNCH.


    (Sorry, feeling silly all of the sudden.)
    Spacers likes this.
    -Alissa, mom to Tristan (5) and Reid (the baby!)

    Got an opinion? We've got a board! Come join us for some lively debate on the Face Off! Debate Arena board.

  4. #204
    Posting Addict Spacers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    My avatar is the tai chi -- a symbol of the eternal cycle of life
    Posts
    16,470

    Default

    George Zimmerman does not live in the Alaskan wilderness or in a rural community in Oregon. He lives in a suburban neighborhood in central Florida. It sounds like he did not know many of his neighbors, and it also sounds like many of those who did know him weren't terribly impressed with his prior efforts at "protecting" their neighborhood. And you yourself said that your husband and your cop-friend both said that, even with gun in hand, they would follow someone suspicious in their vehicle. GZ did not. I just don't get why you keep going on with this when it doesn't even apply.
    David Letterman is retiring. Such great memories of watching him over the past thirty-two years!

  5. #205
    Posting Addict Spacers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    My avatar is the tai chi -- a symbol of the eternal cycle of life
    Posts
    16,470

    Default

    Jaws
    Last edited by Spacers; 07-17-2013 at 03:24 PM.

  6. #206
    Community Host Alissa_Sal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Debating Away on the Debate Board!
    Posts
    11,771

    Default

    My responses in red.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivergallery View Post
    Ok lets go to that point -Let's assume for a minute that Zimmerman is a total lier. Okay, done.
    1- his neighbors trusted him - fact he was in charge of their neighborhood safety.Serious question. "Neighborhood Watch" isn't like a real job. I don't think you can be hired or fired, can you? Like, whether my neighbors even knew anything about me, if I said I wanted to be part of the neighborhood watch, I doubt they would try to stop me. Unless I had a history of shooting children who walk through the neighborhood.
    2- the neighborhood felt they needed a watch, and that the police had not been doing their job.Lots of neighborhoods have a neighborhood watch. I think it's more about making people feel good than anything else. Because if you see something suspicious, all you are SUPPOSED to do is call the cops, which you can do even if you aren't on the neighborhood watch.
    3- Trayvon had been kicked out of school 3 times. That doesn't make him a criminal
    4- Trayvon had buglerized other places. You know this for a fact? Yes, I know there is speculation about it talking about how there was "burglery equipment in his bag" according to the right wing media. What does that mean, anyway? A lock picking kit? A hammer? A little mask with the eyes cut out and a striped jumpsuit? What are we talking about here? And even IF he was a burgler, he wasn't burglering anyone that night, nor did GZ have any knowledge of his supposed crimes when he chased him down and shot him.
    5- Trayvon didn't just talk to Zimmerman. According to the guy who doesn't want to go to jail for murder.
    6- Zimmerman's friends say he wasn't racist. Do these friends also use phrases like "effing coon" to describe people?
    7- Trayvon uttered racial slurs. So did GZ. Also, uttering racial slurs is not nice, but it's typically not cause for the death penalty in this country.
    Last edited by Alissa_Sal; 07-17-2013 at 03:24 PM.
    mommydearest and SID081108 like this.
    -Alissa, mom to Tristan (5) and Reid (the baby!)

    Got an opinion? We've got a board! Come join us for some lively debate on the Face Off! Debate Arena board.

  7. #207
    Posting Addict GloriaInTX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    7,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alissa_Sal View Post
    6- Zimmerman's friends say he wasn't racist. Do these friends also use phrases like "effing coon" to describe people?
    Neither did he. Every media outlet that originally tried to say that is what he said backed off. If he had said it you can bet the prosecution would have had a voice analyst to prove he said it. He didn't say that. What is this 1950? Who actually uses that word anymore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alissa_Sal View Post
    4- Trayvon had buglerized other places. You know this for a fact? Yes, I know there is speculation about it talking about how there was "burglery equipment in his bag" according to the right wing media. What does that mean, anyway? A lock picking kit? A hammer? A little mask with the eyes cut out and a striped jumpsuit? What are we talking about here? And even IF he was a burgler, he wasn't burglering anyone that night, nor did GZ have any knowledge of his supposed crimes when he chased him down and shot him.
    He was caught with a bag of jewelry that had been stolen from a home near his school. That doesn't prove he stole it, he could have gotten it from someone else I guess, but don't you even find that a little suspicious? Even though GZ didn't know that... could it have been why he thought TM looked suspicious because he was looking around at the houses in the neighborhood. If TM would have been on trial instead of GZ that evidence would have been admitted.
    Last edited by GloriaInTX; 07-17-2013 at 03:43 PM.
    Rivergallery likes this.
    Mom to Lee, Jake, Brandon, Rocco
    Stepmom to Ryan, Regan, Braden, Baley
    Granddaughters Kylie 10/18/2010 & Aleya 4/22/2013


    I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosopy, as a cause for withdrawing from a friend. --Thomas Jefferson

  8. #208
    Community Host Alissa_Sal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Debating Away on the Debate Board!
    Posts
    11,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GloriaInTX View Post
    Neither did he. Every media outlet that originally tried to say that is what he said backed off. If he had said it you can bet the prosecution would have had a voice analyst to prove he said it. He didn't say that. What is this 1950? Who actually uses that word anymore?
    I agree it's a crazy dated word. I also didn't know that people still say "cracker", so this trial was very illuminating in finding out that parts of the country still use words like that. I asked that very question to my cousin who lives in Jacksonville and was told that yes, they do still use both of those words. *shrug* Who knew?

    I don't know about why the prosecution did or did not do stuff. They didn't seem like they were totally on top of things. I do know that I've heard the tape, and it sure sounds like that's what he said. Did he ever give an alternate, like "No, I actually said effing moon...the moon was in my eyes...."?


    Quote Originally Posted by GloriaInTX View Post
    He was caught with a bag of jewelry that had been stolen from a home near his school. That doesn't prove he stole it, he could have gotten it from someone else I guess, but don't you even find that a little suspicious? Even though GZ didn't know that... could it have been why he thought TM looked suspicious because he was looking around at the houses in the neighborhood. If TM would have been on trial instead of GZ that evidence would have been admitted.
    I agree that it looks suspicious...but I disagree that it's conclusive proof that he burglerized anyone which is what Rachel was claiming, and I also don't think that walking around and looking at houses is automatically suspicious behavior. I could see if he was going up and looking in windows and trying doors, but that is not what GZ said (and surely he would have said that if that was what he was doing?) He said he was "looking at the houses." What was he supposed to do, keep his head down and his eyes on the ground? When I walk through a neighborhood I typically look around at the houses too. That doesn't mean you plan to rob them, or even look like you plan to rob them. How is "looking around" suspicious behavior?
    -Alissa, mom to Tristan (5) and Reid (the baby!)

    Got an opinion? We've got a board! Come join us for some lively debate on the Face Off! Debate Arena board.

  9. #209
    Posting Addict GloriaInTX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    7,595

    Default

    I think the DOJ is going way overboard on this. The political pressure about this case is just scary. If they didn't even have enough evidence to bring up race at the trial how are they going to file a civil rights case? I just don't get it.

    More than a year after an FBI report indicated there was no evidence of racial bias in George Zimmerman's history, the Justice Department is trolling for email tips on the former neighborhood watch volunteer as it weighs a possible federal civil rights case against him.

    Amid pressure from the NAACP and several Democratic lawmakers to pursue Zimmerman, the department has set up a public email address asking for any tips or information regarding the case. The move appears to mark an expansion of the probe, after Attorney General Eric Holder said in an address Tuesday to the NAACP that his department would "consider all available information" before deciding whether to move forward.
    Read more: DOJ trolling for email tips in Zimmerman probe | Fox News
    Mom to Lee, Jake, Brandon, Rocco
    Stepmom to Ryan, Regan, Braden, Baley
    Granddaughters Kylie 10/18/2010 & Aleya 4/22/2013


    I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosopy, as a cause for withdrawing from a friend. --Thomas Jefferson

  10. #210
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,461

    Default

    Awesome!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions