So I'm pretty sure this is not good now.
My second beta was 872. It took 6 full days to double. I'm not sure what to do now. My doctor wants me to do the beta again on Saturday and Monday still because it IS going up.
But how can it possibly be a viable pregnancy with the numbers going this slowly??? I feel like I'm just waiting for the inevitable. I'm afraid it's going to take another couple of weeks for things to end and I'm going to be stuck in limbo, feeling pregnant and behaving as if I am pregnant, while I'm waiting for another baby to stop growing.
I don't understand why this is happening. How is the number still going up sooo sloooowly?
So I had an ultrasound just now and they saw only a gestational sac. The sac measured 5w2d. My calculations had me at 6w3d
A) this is a blighted ovum or another miscarriage waiting to happen.
First Response picked up my first BFP at 5 dpo instead of 10/11 dpo and my 444 beta at 25 dpo was actually a 444 beta at 20 dpo.
The beta matches more closely to the idea of me being off by a few days - I mean, 444 at 18 or 20 dpo is actually a pretty ok number!
But I just can't see FRER picking up at 5 dpo. It would have had to have been TRACE amounts of hCG.
That said, my last pregnancy I had a beta at 14 dpo which was only 22 and had a positive like a week prior to that so that first positive would have had to have been TINY (like 5 or less!)to pick up at 8 dpo when a 14 dpo was only 22.
What are your thoughts?
I go in for another beta today - hopefully we'll have the results tomorrow - and then if the number looks good compared to the 444 I'll go in for another ultrasound next week.
I hate being in limbo like this