I had my baby...

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Joined: 05/16/06
Posts: 193
I had my baby...

Hey girls as someone updated you I had my baby boy on Feb. 17th at 9:28am. Sorry I am just updating you all now.. life is busy with just me and the 3 kids it's never a dull moment around here.

Anyways this is how it went...

I woke up a 5 with some weird crotch feeling, never thought anything of it and was getting up and going home to get my kids ready for the day( I spent the night at my fiance's, bc we do not live together) I went pee at around 6:10am, came back to the bed and was getting dressed and by this time I kinda figured out what was going on, but Mickey was still sleeping so I just let him sleep. He woke up to me doing some breathing exercises through my contractions which by the way were not consistent yet. So at 6:25am they were 3-5 minutes apart, but I was still just going to go home, and then see how they were doing after I got my oldest to school, and the my other daughter to daycare. Well Mickey wanted me to go to the hospital instead. I kept saying no, but to satisfy his concerns I said ok I will call the babysitter, and then we will go. I did that, and I called L&D to let them know I was on my way. I got to the hospital around 7am, they hooked me up to machines and let me be. They came back in at 7:45am to check my cervix and I was 8cm's dilated and they told me I will not be going home, and we would be having our baby within the next few hours. Mickey looks at me and says he has to leave.. reality had just sunken in at the time. I said ok, he didn't go far just out to make some phone calls bc we had no reception in the room we were in. When he got back they unhooked me and moved me into the birthing room. I was almost 10 cm's when they FINALLY got the IV in me, and when they broke my water. My water was broken at 9:20am, and Mr. Christopher Harvey was born at 9:28am, weighing 7lbs 2oz and was 19 cms long. They took him to the warmer and then gave him to his daddy(that is what we had requested) It was an all natural birth and everything went great... until after he was born that is.

After he was born Mickey had to leave which sucked but we knew that was going to happen just didn't know it would be right after Christopher was born. We followed CPS's restrictions and he left. Once he left they kept checking my uterus, and noticed it wasn't contracting so I was given 2 1/2 bags of pictocin and all that pushing on my stomach hurt worst than having him. They said I was bleeding way too much, and they ended up having to do 4 internals and taking out huge blood clots it was so painful. I screamed and cried, and kept trying to push the doctor's hand away. I hated that I was by myself.

They kept me in the birthing room for hours, but it felt like forever. I still had no reception, no one was allowed in, and I hated being alone. They gave me Christopher so that I could feed him, and that went great, he latched on, and was doing fantastic.

Once I got to my room they took the baby to do tests and stuff to him, gave him a bath, and then brought him to me all nice and cleaned up. When he was 6 hours old he passed his hearing test they were surprised. Mickey was allowed to come back with 2 workers from 4-5pm. The visit went by fast which sucked.. but let me tell you Mickey is one proud Daddy!!

Christopher kept losing weight, so I wasn't able to go home until he gained on his own. I had him on a Friday and we weren't back home till Tuesday. I was missing my girls so much, and was so lonely and just full of emotions. I cried a lot bc of things that are going on, and when I brought him home by myself bc his daddy wasn't allowed to be here for that. It really upsetted me. I got over it for the most part though, and I keep telling myself it won't always be like this.

Now that we are back home, and I am a single mother to 3 I have my moments where I break down and cry or feel overwhelmed.. but for the most part I am managing ok by myself. Mornings can be a bit hectic, but I do the best I can. I am also still breastfeeding, and doing ok with that. I made it past 2 weeks so I am pleased bc my other 2 kids I only made it to 2 weeks, and 1 week with my youngest daughter. My oldest daughter is having a hard time adjusting to the fact that her mommy has not just one baby, but 2 babies(Brookelyn is only 15 months). I hear about it all the time how I am always feeding the baby, and that I don't give her attention and I never have any time for her. It is hard to hear, and I am doing the best I can, but sometimes I feel it isn't good enough.

Right now Christopher weighs 7lbs, 3oz so he is FINALLY back up to his birth weight which is great:)

xMyLovelyLadyBumpx's picture
Joined: 02/17/11
Posts: 1198

Congrats! Im glad to hear that things are starting to get better and he uis gaining weight! I hope things with CPS get better fast so Mickey can start helping out more.

kridda_88's picture
Joined: 01/28/08
Posts: 1798

Congrats on your little boy! Sorry about the issues with your SO. Why were they making it such a big deal that baby was loosing weight? It is completely normal for a baby to loose 10% of their body weight or even a little more. The only time it should be an issue is if they are light weight like my kids, under 6Ibs. It takes most about 2 weeks to get back up to birth weight as well. Sounds to me like they were making a big deal out of something that was completely normal.

RonanTheBarbarian's picture
Joined: 05/10/10
Posts: 1084

CONGRATS!!! I hope things get easier on you all Sad

Joined: 05/16/06
Posts: 193

I am hoping it will too. For the most part things are going ok. He is gaining weight now and doing good.. I am not sure why they made a big deal on his weight, bc every baby loses weight after they are born. Thank you all:)