OK, I know I'm not even at my due date, but I'm feeling like this baby is over due already and never coming out!!
I'll be 39W tomorrow, and by now most women have had a few episodes of 'real' contractions, or been loosing their plug, or have started dialating, SOMETHING!
Me? Nope - nothing - not dialated at all, no loosing my MP, and no real contractions other than when I was sick.
My Dr has said since early in the summer "you're boarderline low on a hormone, so you're at an increased risk for early labour, I don't think you'll make your due date, we'll need to give you extra monitoring", etc, etc, etc. And I've said this whole time that with all that fuss about me being "slightly" increased risk, that I'll be the one that goes overdue - and it's looking like I was right!
And she's getting a bit concerned, there's been problems with my blood sugars lately.....my morning fasting numbers have been between 3.8 - 4.7, so pretty low. Even with me lowering my insulin at night, my fasting numbers are still too low. And so they're concerned it means that my placenta isn't doing it's job any more, and so they're talking about inducing me early, maybe evben this week.
......And as much as I want Baby Girl here, I wanted her to decide when she's ready rather than having Dr's and inductions decide for her.
AND......to make it feel even more like this baby isn't ever going to get here, my SIL (who was due 4 days after me), went into labour at 38 weeks exactly and I had a niece (no name yet) born on Saturday night!!
So SUPER excited for my SOOOOO adorable little niece, it's making me feel like this baby is never going to come!
So really, I don't know what I want - I want Baby here, but I know the longer she stays in the better. I didn't want to have to be induced, I wanted baby to arrive on her own, and I wanted to experience the start of labour naturally, but it's looking more and more like it's better for baby to get induced early.
Lol I feel like I've grown 2 heads and could spend the whole day arguing with myself over this!! Anyone else feel like you're constantly arguing with yourself over this?!?
Even though you want to experience going into labor by yourself, keep in mind that the doctors (normally) know what they're talking about. You're definitely full term and if they feel like there MIGHT be a problem with the placenta, then you should probably go ahead and be induced. I mean, it's better safe than sorry, right?
And can I just say... I can't wait to be where you are!? I've only recently started to get uncomfortable and the more I walk around or bend over, the more I think..omg, I still have ten weeks left...lol
Jo, I feel your pain, with DD1 I was sure I would be pregnant FOREVER, and when I was induced it was a huge relief. A large % of FT moms do go over their EDD and end up being induced anyway. Personally I'd much rather have that done early than wait even longer and get more uncomfortable in the process.
I also understand the desire to feel the start of labor come naturally (it's my goal with this one after all) HOWEVER, sometimes mother nature is very cruel, I've had friends spend days in pre-labor or early labor. That's something you can avoid by being induced. It goes much quicker and I think it was Nichole who said she preferred the control with her induction.
Good luck sweetie! Has your Doc given you any 'home remedies' for getting things moving? DH has already been 'sentenced' to DTD every day (he's devastated I tell you lol) from here on in in order to get things moving and I've started evening primrose oil to get my cervix to ripen as well. If she's head down tomorrow then project 'get this kid out of me' will be in full force in just over a week lol
Hopefully you'll be holding your little one very soon!
If it makes u feel better I had nothing when I was pregnant with my daughter I had nothing until 2 weeks before due date and my waters suddenly broke and she was born the next morning. I had no braxtons no plug loss no nothing.
This time tho I having terrible braxtons.
So although you think nothing's happening .... You never know
I do have a small update - my Dr is really concerned about my blood sugars, even with me decreasing my insulin, so she's having me go to the hospital right now for a non stress test, and she said 'we'll come up with a plan for delivery'.....so it sounds like the induction is happening sooner rather than later, and so now the real panic is hitting!!
I'll update when I know a bit more
I'm anxiously awaiting an update! I hope everything is going well with the non stress test. I'm keeping my fingers, toes and eyes crossed for positive news from your doctor!
OK, well looks like baby will be here in the next few days. They're still concerned about my lowering sugars and some blood work, so they're putting me on the induction list for tomorrow morning. It may not happen, since L&D seems to have exploded and they're using overflow rooms right now, so it may get pushed until the next day.
So......now we're playing the waiting game, if the phone rings tomorrow morning we're getting induced, if it doesn't, we wait until the next day.
So, I'm still struggling with this, but if it's best for Baby Girl then it's hard to argue with that!
Like Jessica said - you're term now so if they feel it's best, I would trust them and allow your precious baby girl to arrive. Best of luck and really hope you get the call and are holding your princess tomorrow!!
If you trust your provider, trust she knows what she's talking about and is just keeping yours your baby's best interests in mind. She wants the best possible outcome that results in a healthy baby and healthy mom. If someone offered me an induction right now, I would SO TAKE IT!!!! Good luck and keep us posted! You may very likely be out first born baby on this board!!! YAY!
I'll be thinking about you and baby girl Jo ! I can't wait to "hear" about her arrival.
Things don't always go as planned but in the end your going to get a beautiful little girl to love for the rest of your life
When my midwife brought up induction I was really hesitant, but honestly going into labor (water broke) naturally ended with me on pitocin anyway so I feel like planning the induction ahead of time will allow me to have a little more control, and I'm in a ton of pain right now and can't wait for that to be done and over with.
Try to focus on your last day or two of baby free time and if possible get as much rest as you can. You can do this