Had my 37w appointment today and I love this doc! She was so nice, listened well and asked questions. I have her again next week if I don't go into labor
She checked me and I'm nearly 3cm dilated! Not very effaced (maybe 20 - 30 %) but I've lost the rest of my mucus plug too Now we wait rather impatiently for full blown labor.... while we wait I'm bouncing away on my exercise ball and drinking my red raspberry leaf tea by the gallon lol.
The unfortunate news is that I tested + for GBS so I'll need the antibiotics during labor. Kind of sucks but it's not a huge deal in the end. I just hope my labor isn't any shorter than the 1st so they have time for it.
Last edited by CrysRee31; 02-14-2013 at 06:56 AM.
I ended up in L&D for a few hours last night. Contractions started yesterday afternoon around lunch time, 10 to 15 mins apart and mild with plenty of pressure increasing in intensity and frequency through the day. By supper they were getting really uncomfortable and were 3 to 5 mins apart. We opted to go in to get checked.
They hooked my to the monitor and baby girl went nuts moving and bumping around, made it hard to get a good reading of the contractions. As soon as they took me off the contractions got way worse, the doc checked me and said there was no change and it was false labor. They hooked me back to the monitor and this time baby girl was sleeping, and they got a good look at my contractions : HARD, painful and every 2 to 3 mins. Since there was no change she said it was either latent labor or early labor. I got a small dose of morphine to help with the now much increased pain and went home. The meds took FOREVER to kick in and the contractions got so much worse I didn't think i was going to get any sleep. Nearly an hour and a half after taking it I finally got some relief.
Unfortunately I woke up this morning (after my best sleep in ages!) and no real contractions to speak of, some but not as hard or painful as last night...sigh I feel like she's a tease....
(((Hugs))) I'm sorry Maggie is being such a tease! I hope things progress ASAP! I'm really looking forward to meeting your baby girl! Come on Maggie! We're all waiting!
Appointment this morning showed some more progress, at least 50% effaced and 'a good 3' cm dilated, she said it was between 3 and 3+ and my cervix is very soft. Being sick right now and heading into ANOTHER major snowstorm tomorrow (we just had one sunday into yesterday) I'm hoping she holds off till the weekend now.
Maybe we'll get some walking in on Friday or Saturday at the indoor track see if we can't get this show on the road!
I thought I read somewhere that if you were 3cm, the L&D ward would take you in to deliver? ...I'm not sure where I read that though.
Hope your baby holds out for the weekend so you're not trying to get to the hospital in a snow storm. That would seriously suck.
Not here, we need to be in active labor before L&D will keep us.
It's not so much us getting to the hospital that's the problem, my IL's have a 3 hour drive and they will be watching DD1 while I'm in labor. We have a friend lined up who can watch her for a few hours if need be but it would be a day or so if they can't get through the weather (we're expecting at least a foot of snow today). We just barely made it through another big storm on sunday and monday and now it's starting again so I'm a little stressed!
Great to hear that, I also had this wonderful feeling and it is great
Last edited by shanrocks; 02-21-2013 at 04:11 PM.