QOTD: 7/9/13 What is everybody eating?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: QOTD: 7/9/13 What is everybody eating?

  1. #1
    Posting Addict smsturner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    5,863

    Default QOTD: 7/9/13 What is everybody eating?

    How's your morning sickness? Eating anything special to get past it?
    Susan, dh Tom, dd Megan, ds Marcus, ds #2 coming Feb, 2014

    Lilypie Maternity tickers

    I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26

  2. #2
    Prolific Poster Lil Momma 1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Detroit Area
    Posts
    1,294

    Default

    I am in t he same boat as last time as far as the morning sickness goes. I can't stomach much and the 2 to 3 things I can get down rarely stay down. I am already on zofran which didn't do much last time either. A hug hit for me right now it campbells creamy tomatoe soup in the drinking cups... It tastes different, i swear.. or it's just my mind playing tricks on me at this point.
    Kendra & Bob 7/4/13
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker


  3. #3
    Prolific Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,023

    Default

    Pretty much all day nausea (but no vomiting). I have to make myself eat because nothing seems appetizing and smells bother me. Unfortunately I have a fridge full of food that I worry is going to spoil because even preparing most food bothers me right now. The only food that sounds okay to me are apples, peaches, cereal and almonds. This is so opposite compared to the first couple weeks after BFP when I was so hungry and eating all the time. Blech...can't wait until second trimester when I can get some relief before third trimester heartburn kicks in.
    Christina

    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

  4. #4
    Prolific Poster Lil Momma 1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Detroit Area
    Posts
    1,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xtinagreen View Post
    Pretty much all day nausea (but no vomiting). I have to make myself eat because nothing seems appetizing and smells bother me. Unfortunately I have a fridge full of food that I worry is going to spoil because even preparing most food bothers me right now. The only food that sounds okay to me are apples, peaches, cereal and almonds. This is so opposite compared to the first couple weeks after BFP when I was so hungry and eating all the time. Blech...can't wait until second trimester when I can get some relief before third trimester heartburn kicks in.

    3rd trimester heart burn!? Gonna say it with as much love as I can, I hate you! Never had heart burn a day in my life. Started at 8 or 9 weeks with Stetson... It never went away. I was on a acid reflux med before I got preggo!
    Kendra & Bob 7/4/13
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker


  5. #5
    Supporter stbernardlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Im doing a lot of fruits, raw veggies, and cereal too. Definitely prefer cold foods over anything right now.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers



    ~Amber
    DH 10/08
    DD 2/21/10 @32 weeks

    9/12, 9 weeks, no HB
    1/13, 5 weeks, CP

  6. #6
    Prolific Poster Chris_85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    1,851

    Default

    Most everything is tolerable, but I find that I get more cravings and have to have what ever it is.NOt all my cravings are for bad foods. so im not too worried. I love cereal just like last time. I am finishing off some lucky charms, and we always have 2-3 boxes of different kinds open at once. I also have a thing for muffins.

    I was also on acid reflux meds after Lilly was Born, but 6 months in i started to have sleep disturbances, and horrible anxiety. I was able to go off the meds as i got healthier, i also found that a glass of Kefier in the am solved almost all of my stomach issues, plus a spoon of virgin coconut oil.

    I am nauseous everyday first thing in the am and shortly after i eat, but i find sucking on mints helps. No vomiting for me.

    Now that i am prego again the heartburn is back but tums seem to control it well. I just haven' got back only old regimen of Keifer and Oil.
    Chris




    9/18/12

  7. #7
    Prolific Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Momma 1991 View Post
    3rd trimester heart burn!? Gonna say it with as much love as I can, I hate you! Never had heart burn a day in my life. Started at 8 or 9 weeks with Stetson... It never went away. I was on a acid reflux med before I got preggo!
    Yeah, heartburn does suck and can't imagine having to deal with it that long. My heartburn went away about a month after birth, but then I was dealing with BP, anemia, and extended bleeding issues couple months longer afterwards, and PPD for about a year. I guess we get dealt different hands
    Christina

    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

  8. #8
    Contributor
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    114

    Default

    This is my first time experiencing morning sickness, and even tho I think I have it mildly, I am miserable about it. I'm a chump. I can't hack it.

    I haven't actually gotten sick, but I have the queasy feeling here and there. I find that eating small meals/snacks all day keeps it at bay. But I seriously can't drink anything but soda. Just sips of water make me feel horrible, like if I bend or lean over my entire stomach will fall out of my mouth. I'm trying everything, teas, juices, sports drinks. The only thing I can tolerate is diet soda, carbonated flavored water, or a little ginger ale here and there. I'm drinking caffeine free, but I'm worried about consuming too much aspartame. But everything else makes me feel so terrible that I'm afraid ill dehydrate bc I'm not taking in fluids of any kind.

    Please, any and all advice is welcome. This morning sickness thing sucks. Thank God I've never experienced it before or else I might not have considered baby #3!
    Jessica
    Wife to Steve
    Mom to Shane(4) & Kyle (3)

    and lovin every minute

  9. #9
    Prolific Poster Lil Momma 1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Detroit Area
    Posts
    1,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jesse.red View Post
    This is my first time experiencing morning sickness, and even tho I think I have it mildly, I am miserable about it. I'm a chump. I can't hack it.

    I haven't actually gotten sick, but I have the queasy feeling here and there. I find that eating small meals/snacks all day keeps it at bay. But I seriously can't drink anything but soda. Just sips of water make me feel horrible, like if I bend or lean over my entire stomach will fall out of my mouth. I'm trying everything, teas, juices, sports drinks. The only thing I can tolerate is diet soda, carbonated flavored water, or a little ginger ale here and there. I'm drinking caffeine free, but I'm worried about consuming too much aspartame. But everything else makes me feel so terrible that I'm afraid ill dehydrate bc I'm not taking in fluids of any kind.

    Please, any and all advice is welcome. This morning sickness thing sucks. Thank God I've never experienced it before or else I might not have considered baby #3!
    A big hit for me has been the Mio sports flavors. But I can't stomach sofa right now makes me sick almost every time
    Kendra & Bob 7/4/13
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker


  10. #10
    Posting Addict smsturner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    5,863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Momma 1991 View Post
    A big hit for me has been the Mio sports flavors. But I can't stomach sofa right now makes me sick almost every time
    I can't either! And I usually love it. Now i'm having very very cold water. I keep craving orange kool aid for some unknown reason lol but I can't touch soda.

    I have found a miracle in red twizzlers. For some reason these things are beating away morning sickness. I have been having one every half hour. I'll buy a box of them if they'll keep helping!!
    Susan, dh Tom, dd Megan, ds Marcus, ds #2 coming Feb, 2014

    Lilypie Maternity tickers

    I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions