S/o qotd...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: S/o qotd...

  1. #1
    Supporter
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    347

    Default S/o qotd...

    So the hobby question exposed quite a few bakers...

    Lets see some yummys!!! Post your favorites or least favorite things you've made... Lets get our mouths watering.

  2. #2
    Prolific Poster Stormy Weather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,819

    Default

    It's not a finished product but this is me making my favourite honey tea bread.

    Here is the recipe:
    Honey Tea Bread - Honey Association
    I love toasting it, melting butter on top, then fresh strawberries on the top, dusted with icing sugar. YUMMMY!!!

    Might have to make some now, strawberries are in season here at the moment.
    DS - June 2010




  3. #3
    Prolific Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy Weather View Post
    It's not a finished product but this is me making my favourite honey tea bread.
    Here is the recipe:
    Honey Tea Bread - Honey Association
    I love toasting it, melting butter on top, then fresh strawberries on the top, dusted with icing sugar. YUMMMY!!!

    Might have to make some now, strawberries are in season here at the moment.
    Mmm...that does sound good. The recipe calls for brewed tea, do you use black tea or a different variety?
    Christina

    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

  4. #4
    Prolific Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,023

    Default

    I'm looking forward to when I'm nursing and can start making lactation cookies again! I don't do as much baking as I used to though I do like making bread in my bread machine and breakfast foods like pancakes and waffles. I love a big plate of waffles with berries, but pumpkin pancakes come in close second
    Christina

    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

  5. #5
    Prolific Poster Stormy Weather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xtinagreen View Post
    I'm looking forward to when I'm nursing and can start making lactation cookies again! I don't do as much baking as I used to though I do like making bread in my bread machine and breakfast foods like pancakes and waffles. I love a big plate of waffles with berries, but pumpkin pancakes come in close second
    Ooh, what's a lactation cookie, if you don't mind me asking

    The tea bread I've done has been with strong black tea, but it might be a very interesting experiment to use different kinds of tea. I'd never thought of doing that before. Might give it a go!
    DS - June 2010




  6. #6
    Supporter
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    347

    Default

     photo image-5.jpg

     photo image-6.jpg
    xtinagreen likes this.

  7. #7
    Prolific Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy Weather View Post
    Ooh, what's a lactation cookie, if you don't mind me asking

    The tea bread I've done has been with strong black tea, but it might be a very interesting experiment to use different kinds of tea. I'd never thought of doing that before. Might give it a go!
    It's a yummy cookie that in theory helps with milk production because of three key ingredients: flaxseed, oats & brewers yeast. You can find recipes all over the internet. I've used the top link version to make several batches before. I included the bottom link because it explains a little bit more why the ingredients help lactation. Sorry they are not in metric.

    Lactation Cookies Recipe at Epicurious.com

    peaceful parenting: Lactation Cookies: Increasing Milk Supply
    Christina

    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

  8. #8
    Community Host ChristaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicago area
    Posts
    9,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xtinagreen View Post
    It's a yummy cookie that in theory helps with milk production because of three key ingredients: flaxseed, oats & brewers yeast. You can find recipes all over the internet. I've used the top link version to make several batches before. I included the bottom link because it explains a little bit more why the ingredients help lactation. Sorry they are not in metric.

    Lactation Cookies Recipe at Epicurious.com

    peaceful parenting: Lactation Cookies: Increasing Milk Supply
    I'm going to have to remember these Thanks for sharing!!
    Me: Christa, 41
    DH: Craig, 47 (Married: 8/19/05)
    DD: Kendall Evelyn (10/6/06)
    DS: Quentin Vincent (4/14/09)

    : November 2012@ 10 weeks (due date: 6/22/13)
    : June 2013 @ 7-1/2 weeks (due date: 2/10/14)
    : December 2013 @ 4 weeks (due date: 8/9/14)
    : April 2014 @ 4 weeks (due date: 1/1/15)
    : July 2014 @ 4 weeks - Chemical (due date: 3/5/15 )

  9. #9
    Community Host ChristaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicago area
    Posts
    9,226

    Default

    Gorgeous cakes -- can you make one and fedex it to me !

    Quote Originally Posted by Mamaterp View Post


    Me: Christa, 41
    DH: Craig, 47 (Married: 8/19/05)
    DD: Kendall Evelyn (10/6/06)
    DS: Quentin Vincent (4/14/09)

    : November 2012@ 10 weeks (due date: 6/22/13)
    : June 2013 @ 7-1/2 weeks (due date: 2/10/14)
    : December 2013 @ 4 weeks (due date: 8/9/14)
    : April 2014 @ 4 weeks (due date: 1/1/15)
    : July 2014 @ 4 weeks - Chemical (due date: 3/5/15 )

  10. #10
    Community Host ChristaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicago area
    Posts
    9,226

    Default

    Here is a super easy yummy muffin recipe! Also good for adding fiber to your diet because of the pumpkin and contains cinnamon which is a natural remedy to help with lots of different things including regulating blood sugar! It's also fairly low calorie per muffin!!

    Ingredients
    1 yellow boxed cake mix
    1 can pumpkin (not pie filling)
    1/2 cup water
    3 Tbsp ground Cinnamon
    3/4 cup cinnamon baking chips (just like chocolate chips only cinnamon flavor -- they can be hard to find but you can make these without the chips too)

    Directions
    Mix together the dry cake mix, pumpkin and water (DO NOT FOLLOWING MIX INSTRUCTIONS ON THE BOX). Stir in the cinnamon and baking chips. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. You can either spray a muffin tin or use paper liners (I typically use liners).
    Me: Christa, 41
    DH: Craig, 47 (Married: 8/19/05)
    DD: Kendall Evelyn (10/6/06)
    DS: Quentin Vincent (4/14/09)

    : November 2012@ 10 weeks (due date: 6/22/13)
    : June 2013 @ 7-1/2 weeks (due date: 2/10/14)
    : December 2013 @ 4 weeks (due date: 8/9/14)
    : April 2014 @ 4 weeks (due date: 1/1/15)
    : July 2014 @ 4 weeks - Chemical (due date: 3/5/15 )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions