Speaking of maternity clothes....

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
stbernardlover's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 months ago
Joined: 03/02/12
Posts: 277
Speaking of maternity clothes....

Where does everyone like to shop? I ended up getting a lot during last pg at old navy online. But I also got some things at motherhood, but i think they are over priced for the quality, and at kohls. I like cute and cheap options!

Any new reccomendations?

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 05/22/13
Posts: 349

I got most of mine at motherhood but I'm a bigger mom so my selection is small. Mine lasted through 2 pregnancies though. I'd love some suggestions too since I'm 3 sizes smaller this time.

jski88's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 months ago
Joined: 07/27/10
Posts: 461

I loved the Liz lang maternity section at Target! I've also been checking eBay;)

Lil Momma 1991's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 4 months ago
Joined: 10/05/09
Posts: 444

I agree with the Liz Long Mat at Target. Then I am a Kohls girl. Other then that I havn't shopped any where else. Most of my normal cloths still fit me when I delivered...

ChristaM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 5 days ago
Joined: 01/11/04
Posts: 714

I got a bunch at Sears. I've also gotten some off craigslist.

stbernardlover's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 months ago
Joined: 03/02/12
Posts: 277

I also like the Liz Lang for target collection. Our target has remodeled since my last pg, and i think they have more maternity clothes now. I loved the nursing tanks from there. They were my favorite.
Im so happy to kind if know the things i like now. It was so hard that first pg to have to trial and error everything.

Maddz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 months ago
Joined: 08/17/07
Posts: 1759

:lurk:

i love shopping at Ross... inexpensive and can get some cute stuff

Offline
Last seen: 4 months 6 days ago
Joined: 12/31/09
Posts: 105

Liz Lange and Clothes Mentor - and I shop in my friends' closets Smile

Lil Momma 1991's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 4 months ago
Joined: 10/05/09
Posts: 444

Well it's official that I had to go buy some mat pants. And bras. I know its all bloat and such but with my first I didn't wear mat pants till 4 months. Feeling a little self conscious.

stbernardlover's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 months ago
Joined: 03/02/12
Posts: 277

Me too! And this may be TMI, but my nipples are always "out there". That is annoying!going to have to get some new bras soon, even though i have saved the one from about 5 months on last time. I think i need their between size to help me make it to then.

Offline
Last seen: 4 months 6 days ago
Joined: 12/31/09
Posts: 105

"stbernardlover" wrote:

Me too! And this may be TMI, but my nipples are always "out there". That is annoying!going to have to get some new bras soon, even though i have saved the one from about 5 months on last time. I think i need their between size to help me make it to then.

I bought these guys at Target last year and they are the best thing ever for summer AND for the weird in-betweeny times when your breast size fluctuates due to pregnancy/breastfeeding/breastfeeding less/weaning (i.e., at all points in time):

Beyond Bare? By Barely There? Women's 2-... : Target

I am a C-cup and these bras hold my girls nicely in place, no underwire required.
I've also decided just to live in skirts for the summer. I can't bear the thought of going all the way into maternity wear yet, esp b/c the thought of a band around the belly just seems so hot (it's 90 degrees out today)

smsturner's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 05/11/09
Posts: 1303

Well, I'm a plus size girl, so not too many stores cater their maternity stuff to our sizes. I do fit into the old navy xxl, and I really like most of their stuff, so I'll be getting some from there.

Not sure what I'll do for bras... I used to mail order, but then found that Lane Bryant's biggest cup size H, did ok for me. Now I think I'll have to mail order again.

Chris_85's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 4 months ago
Joined: 10/14/08
Posts: 675

"smsturner" wrote:

Well, I'm a plus size girl, so not too many stores cater their maternity stuff to our sizes. I do fit into the old navy xxl, and I really like most of their stuff, so I'll be getting some from there.

Not sure what I'll do for bras... I used to mail order, but then found that Lane Bryant's biggest cup size H, did ok for me. Now I think I'll have to mail order again.

You know I was plus size during my Pregnancy with Lilly, but now i am in the awkward in between sizes 14-16ish, but my tops are large xl, so I will have more selection this go around.

I found that being plus size sucks while Pg, but Old navy mat clothes did fit me well, and i felt like a boat, since lilly was a summer baby i lived in cute plus size dresses. and skirts.

I was cheap and just used sports bras while pregnant, i did buy 2 bras from laynbryant and had to use extenders for going out.
I went from a 40 D to a 44/46 F
so i hear you. I have srunk back to my pre pregnancy size, and i am currently still nursing, so i have no idea if the boobs will grow again or not.

I lived in nursing tanks for the first 6 months pp, i love the ones from motherhood, i fell in love with one i picked up second hand, and my grandmother was kind enough to buy me 3 more just after i had Lilly. the target nursing tanks work well enough as well at a price i can handle.

This will be weird since i will need different size clothing for different seasons than last time. I am excited to shop though!!

Lil Momma 1991's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 4 months ago
Joined: 10/05/09
Posts: 444

I also got bras from motherhood. I was surprised they had my size. I'm one of those strange bra sizes to start with, 34DD and now It's a 34 E.

smsturner's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 05/11/09
Posts: 1303

"Chris_85" wrote:

You know I was plus size during my Pregnancy with Lilly, but now i am in the awkward in between sizes 14-16ish, but my tops are large xl, so I will have more selection this go around.

I found that being plus size sucks while Pg, but Old navy mat clothes did fit me well, and i felt like a boat, since lilly was a summer baby i lived in cute plus size dresses. and skirts.

I was cheap and just used sports bras while pregnant, i did buy 2 bras from laynbryant and had to use extenders for going out.
I went from a 40 D to a 44/46 F
so i hear you. I have srunk back to my pre pregnancy size, and i am currently still nursing, so i have no idea if the boobs will grow again or not.

I lived in nursing tanks for the first 6 months pp, i love the ones from motherhood, i fell in love with one i picked up second hand, and my grandmother was kind enough to buy me 3 more just after i had Lilly. the target nursing tanks work well enough as well at a price i can handle.

This will be weird since i will need different size clothing for different seasons than last time. I am excited to shop though!!

My clothes are all 18 or 20, so I'm just over the line in which department to shop in. With the waist being stretchy, I think I can get away with things that are xxl (for stores that have that) in the regular misses section. I'd rather do that, if it's possible, because the styles are so different. For one, they expect a plus size girl to want to cover everything WAY more than the misses stuff. (and hey just because I'm an 18 or 20, does not mean I'm not cute and sexy or that i need to be covered head to toe. I love shorter skirts Wink ) And I hate how they expect a woman in a size 18 to also be 5'9". I'm short at 5'3"ish, so capri pants are ridiculous if I buy from the women's section. And skirts, etc. Anyway. That's just a plain gripe at the designers lol

Did you have any other places you really liked for maternity stuff?

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 4 months ago
Joined: 12/01/10
Posts: 997

I bought the majority of my mat clothes from second hand stores and bought some maternity t-shirts at Macys to wear with my scrub pants when I could no longer fit into my scrub tops. Though by the end I lived in stretch pants and DH t- shirts or pajamas when I wasn't at work. Can't remember where I bought my bras and underwear, want to say a department store. I also used a belly band to help bridge the gap when I couldn't close my regular pants comfortably but not quite ready for mat pants. I wore my scrub pants really low under my belly (they were drawstring), I fortunately never lost my pants and mooned anybody while bending over Smile

Chris_85's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 4 months ago
Joined: 10/14/08
Posts: 675

Um no not really I found so of the stuff at old navy was on the big side tho so 1x or xl may fit you fine. I was also around 20/22 and I am tall at 5'7, but i have short legs and capris look like high waters on me lol. I just with plus sized clothing companies would stop trying to cram us all in to there version of one size, and the ugly patterns OMG, i want to look like a hot mama then let me or at least a decent professional right? OH NO here comes Big Mama in a Freaking Moomoo with wild *** flowers and stripes, so you are seen a mile a way. lol sorry just couldn't help it.

Best advice i can give you is try some plus stuff on if you think its cute, and sometimes i got lucky at mootherhood in the clearance rack not everything is ugly for plus size. I would be mroe irritated with having to hem everything tho.
I am sure you will find something you love to wear.