Starting over!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Starting over!!

  1. #1
    Site Moderator girlisrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    10,655

    Default Starting over!!

    Well, almost completly anyway!!

    Everything I planted in the ground perished, save for my Tomato plants and Ryans Cabbage. I knew it was a long shot they would live by last week... but for sure they are gone now. So, I bought seeds and am going to give it one more go! I will weed, tear up and plant seeds today/this week and pray it works! We have a very very warm week ahead of us, so I am hoping that warmth will promote some good growth!!

    Wish me luck!!

    Oh, and my pallet garden looks lovely! One strawberry plant died, but it was really weak anyway.
    I'm back, baby.

  2. #2
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,515

    Default

    Oh wow! Sorry to hear that your first try did not work out. The good news is that it is plenty early. Might I suggest that you might have better luck going with plants instead of seeds just starting out?

    ~Bonita~

  3. #3
    Site Moderator girlisrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    10,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlyssaEimers View Post
    Oh wow! Sorry to hear that your first try did not work out. The good news is that it is plenty early. Might I suggest that you might have better luck going with plants instead of seeds just starting out?

    I did plants first lol! those are what died on me!!! thats why I thought seeds might do the trick LOL!
    I'm back, baby.

  4. #4
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,515

    Default

    In my experience plants are easier than seeds. If they died, you might want to consider why. Was it the soil? Too much or too little water or fertilizer? bugs? Not enough sun? If plants died, and nothing changed, I do not think seeds would do better. They are much more fragile.

    ~Bonita~

  5. #5
    Site Moderator girlisrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    10,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlyssaEimers View Post
    In my experience plants are easier than seeds. If they died, you might want to consider why. Was it the soil? Too much or too little water or fertilizer? bugs? Not enough sun? If plants died, and nothing changed, I do not think seeds would do better. They are much more fragile.
    Right... I totally hear you. I have already considered those things, and I think it may be a combination of poor soil and maybe not enough watering? The garden gets the obligatory 6 hours... I have watched it like a hawk... but other than that I am not sure why.

    Problem is? This is my last shot at planting. I am going to be extremely busy and THEN gone for 3 weeks starting this weekend!!! It is now or never for me.. as it is already WAY too hot of a season.

    It's ok though! I will plant and pray... if it does not do well, its OK! I will regroup and try again!~
    I'm back, baby.

  6. #6
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,515

    Default

    Great attitude. It is a learning experience. What are you going to try planting this time?

    ~Bonita~

  7. #7
    Site Moderator girlisrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    10,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlyssaEimers View Post
    Great attitude. It is a learning experience. What are you going to try planting this time?

    More Green beans, another type of watermelon, and more squash. I have some Spinach seeds that need planting too... but I ran out of room in my pallet. I might ditch the chives (they are a little puny anyway) and plant it there!
    I'm back, baby.

  8. #8
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,515

    Default

    Fun. Squash is the only of those that I have experience with and they do well as seeds.

    ~Bonita~

  9. #9
    Site Moderator girlisrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    10,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlyssaEimers View Post
    Fun. Squash is the only of those that I have experience with and they do well as seeds.

    Whew!! at least I have a chance LOL!

    I think though, because it is supposed to be in the high 80's to 90's all week it will give them all a good start! Nice warm dirt like a greenhouse!! I hope
    I'm back, baby.

  10. #10
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,515

    Default

    I have to giggle a little at the idea of high 80's to 90's being supper hot

    ~Bonita~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions