It has been almost two weeks since he had exploratory surgery. I don't know what I was thinking. I waited at least 4 months to take him. He had blood in his urine and I guess I was in denial of him having cancer. We took him in August to get Xrays and blood work. Everything came back ok. One of the Vets, Dr. Scott stated there were no signs of bladder stones. He even showed us. Everything looked A O. K. He prescribed Keflex for a UTI. Everything was great the first week. He didnt have hardly any blood in his urine. He was still having accidents through out the day. He couldn't control his bladder but I dismissed it because he was on Prednisone for his alergies and seizures. One of Prednisone's side effect was frequent urination. My Watson even pe ed while he was sleeping. Everything is stable right now. He is on piroxicam and keflex. It is making him feel more comfortable. I did see some signs of pain today but not like before.
I need to vent because I can't stop crying that I am going to lose him. I just finished doing some research and found out that Scottish Terriers have a higher risk of getting TCC (Transitional Cell Carcinoma) or bladder cancer. 18 fold than any other breed. I'm so angry. It isn't fair! I hear all the time dogs live longer. He is only 11. WHY! WHY! WHY!
It doesn't help that I was reading stories of other dogs that had it as well. Knowing that his last few days are going to be So, so hard. I said to myself I would do anything to keep my dogs living longer and I would never put them to sleep. Well, never say never. I know it will come to that. He probably will have kidney failure or it will spread. I don't want to see him suffering.
Dr. David did the exploratory surgery on him two weeks ago. He told me that he has a couple of weeks to a couple of months to live.
So, I have been spoiling him more than ever. He gets McDonald plain hamburgers almost everyday. Well they all get that now (the other 6 dogs). I have to be fair. He gets extra snacks too. He is allowed to take as many stroll walks as he wants too. Eventhough the Doc said no walks. I leave it up to him. We usually walk a couple houses down and then I pick him up and carry him back.
The little rascal has so much spirit in him. I know he doesn't want to leave me.
You know what pisses me off, we live 12 hours away from his Doctor. I hate Florida and I wasn't able to have a house again to bury him there. Hell no will I bury him here. I will cremate him and take him with me until we get our house (not in HELL which is FL). Then I will bury him in my garden.
Right now, he isn't by myside so I know he is hurting. I need to talk to Dr. David about antibiotic resistance. I've done some research and want to talk it over with him.
OOOOO, I need to sleep. I hope he feels better tomorrow.