Found some good info.
"A hepatic hemangioma is the most common noncancerous tumor of the liver. It is believed to be a birth defect, and is usually not discovered until medical pictures are taken of the liver for some other reason"
so maybe landing in the ER with a ruptured cyst was a good thing?
I DEPISE 2008!
Jim could use some prayers. He's in the hosp. They aren't 100% sure whats going on but they are leaning towards either a blockage somewhere or congestive heart failure. They are doing a u/s on him tomorrow morning and depending on how that comes out they will send him to the cath lab to see if there is any blockage.
I'm home to see the kids and put them in bed, eat, bring clothes for several days, etc, etc, for at least a few hours. They hadn't moved him upstairs from the ER wing we were in before i left and i know getting beds in that hosp can take hours.
I'm reaching a breaking point here. I can't deal with much more crap this year.
I'm scared to death of being a widow at 34/35 yrs old.
just keep the flippin rain coming.........
No, i don't have the best news. They did the u/s (echocardiogram) on him this morning. It shows a previous heartattack (with NO clue when it happened). They did the cath lab on him this afternoon. He has alot of blockage. There is one that is almost 100% blocked. He needs a triple bypass. As long as he stays stable over the wkend (goodluck watching the pat game now hun!) they will do the surgery on Mon or Tues. He's in the cardiac ICU for now.
They are doing a viabilty scan tomorrow. They want to make sure the artery's they want to connect to are still in good shape. It would be stupid to open him open and then realize they can't do the bypass cause the tissue is dead. They are also checking for clots in his neck and legs.
The chief cardio surgeon seems to think he had the heart attack sometime last wk and thats what brought on the congestive heart failure. Because of the diabetes (which masks symptoms) he didn't get the "usual" elephant on my chest feeling.
It's going to be Wend/Thurs before they do anything. He is staying stablized but they are keeping him in the ICU to make sure it stays that way.
If they discover they can't do the bypass, they will do stents on the side that has 3 blockages of 90%/each. They really want to do the bypass. He won't survive long with the main side of his heart blocked 100%.
I'm going to be filling for SSI for him ASAP. I know he's not going to be able to go back to work.
The kids haven't seen him yet. I'm bringing both of them up this afternoon.
His sister (the charge nurse in a ER in CT) is AWESOME!. She was there friday when they did the cath. She's coming up today. I'm fixing up the guest room for her to stay here when they do whichever surgery they plan. I know she's not going to want to drive all the way back to CT then, she would be too far. She is one of the best resource/support people that i have. She's been through this with her own husband and add into the fact that she's a nurse......it helps ALOT. She was incredible when *J* was in the NICU.
He watched the game lastnight. He was fine till they lost....then he started having PVC's (where your heart beats irregular). They don't like you to have more then 6 at a time. He had about 7 (which set the alarms off) ....and then was fine for about 5 mins....and had about 8....then was ok again ...and had 10. His blood pressure has been doing awesome.
They did the scan today. They are going forward with the bypass. They said his heart is stronger then they orginally thought. The surgeon is trying to shoot for Thurs but, we;'ll know when tomorrow.
Some asshat from Tufts (not the insurance) came to see him this morning. Said that if his heart wasn't good for the bypass or stents......get this, a TRANSPLANT would be the next option. You can't even begin to imagine how upset he got at that. He freaked that he was never getting out of the hosp (HUGE *** fear of his) and he set off all his alarms.
Seriously, have i mentioned how much i HATE hospitals recently??
Now, the "plan" (of course, subject to change) is to do the surgery Fri or possibly Monday.
His heart isn't as strong as they thought. His "injection-fraction" is 15%-25% ....he would get near top spot on a transplant list. Oh wait, Yes....transplant is an option. They are going to send him back to the cath lab to put another ballon in (they had on in friday night into sat) to help him during the surgery. They don't want to put toooo much stress on his heart and make him have more heart attacks.....no, that extra s isn't a mistake.
I don't know how much more i can take at this point. I started crying after talking to the Dr's tonight.
I have to figure out what the hell the insurance company is going to do. He hasn't worked since last Thurs. They are using up all his vacation and sick time. But, what the HELL happens when that ends? They won't have a check to take anything out of. And i asked his sister what she thought they would do and she says they would probably make me pre-pay it monthly. We can't ****ing afford $400/ month right now. I don't even want to deal with Masshealth again but i might not have much of a choice.
*this is a post......and RUN*
He just called.
oh god, let the train begin.
I'll update late tonight when i get back.
~ Sara -
~ DH - Jim -
~ Zachary - 4/19/95 ~ stillborn @ 33 wks
~ *J* - 16yr old
~ *M* 11yr old
surgery is tomorrow @7am. I have to be there by at least 5am if i want to see him beforehand (well, DUH!). I have to get some sleep tonight.
They put the ballon back in this afternoon.
We did some good crying with his sister, brother, and 2 nieces. He has such an awesome family. Of course i'm comparing that to my dysfunctional family.
It's been a long *** day.
Surgery went good. He is still sedated and intubated. They are talking about trying to wake him up tomorrow.
I really hope i can get a decent nights sleep tonight. If i don't, i'm going to just drive up the hosp in the middle of the night. They have spots in the waiting room that are kinda seperated with couches, pillows, and blankets.......trust me we used them this morning/afternoon.
Jim is doing incredible.
They removed the ballon pump and vent yesterday. Today they removed the central line, all iv's (cept one), chest tubes, and cath. He is out of ICU and in a "step-down" unit. He will probably be coming home Tuesday.
I am still planning on doing the LPN class next yr. I have to send in the money for the pre-entrance exam still.
I filed both federal and state taxes lastnight. That will be a HUGE help.