I was diagnosed with a subchorionic hemorrhage at 9 weeks, and have been light bleeding/spotting ever since. At my 20 week ultrasound I was diagnosed with placenta previa (partial) and told no heavy lifting, and vaginal rest. But last Saturday I started bleeding heavier again, and so I went in to get checked out. The Dr put me on strict bedrest till my next appt. (2 weeks) The did another ultrasound, and baby is fine, and the placenta is ok so far - but the original hemorrhage site is clotted and is dissolving/breaking up, and I keep bleeding a fair amount. some cramping too. So I am trying to cope with 3 kids... yikes. I sure hope they let me up after 2 weeks.. of course bedrest is better than preterm delivery.
I havent had those same issues in the past, but had modified to strict bed rest with each of my first 3 pregnancies... holding out that I wont for this one, but its not looking good. I too have 3 kids running around to wrangle, and am not looking forward to the prospect of having to go on bed rest. The only up side I have is that DS1 will be in the 1st grade, and DS2 will be in 1/2 day EC once sept. rolls around. Hang in there.. hopefully they can get things figured out and that you will be able to hang in there a while longer. What is your Due Date... if you dont mind me asking???
Due Date is November 25. I have been been having very painful cramping/lower back pain every night this week. So frustrating! I ended up in L&D twice - but they act like it's just braxton-hicks, and I KNOW its not. I am on my 5th pg, so I know what BX feel like. Just hoping this doesn't continue for the rest of the pregnancy...
I remember getting lectured one time when I went in when I was pregnant with DD. I went in because I was having trouble getting my contractions to stop at home, and because I just felt that something wasnt right... that something was different. I got a lecture on coming in so much, and maybe I should get some more help at home with the boys because obviously I was stressed out, yada yada yada. Later that week, my Fetal Phib test came back pos, and they found that my cervix was starting to shorten and dilate... Then, the night that they found that out, they couldn't get my contractions to stop, so they sent me to another hospital where they had a NICU... where I was put on mag. sulfate. They were able to get my contractions stopped, thank god, but in an ultrasound found that not only was my DD's amnio levels low, but she had a fracture in her femur that was healing. Yeah, sit there and lecture me, when OBVIOUSLY my instincts were right. Its one of the reasons why I am so reluctant to go to the hospital for anything early this time. I told DH that if something comes up where I NEED to go in I am either going to the clinic, or to the other hospital. Yes, I wont be able to have my own OB there, but at least I wont be treated like an convince.
You should come and introduce yourself over on the November board as well Add yourself to the EDD/gender count(s), and make yourself a space. We have great group of mommies there to "chat" with