Input Needed IMMEDIATELY!!! **Updated w/FRER**

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
fittoac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 8 months ago
Joined: 05/05/08
Posts: 383
Input Needed IMMEDIATELY!!! **Updated w/FRER**

Sort of in disbelief that I'm posting this..... but, um.... thoughts? I'm not due for my period for another week and a half, but we've DTD unprotected like 3 or 4 times now in the last 2 weeks. I got my Mirena removed 2 months ago. This morning I was driving around and thought, "Ugh... why am I so nauseous!?..... Oh dear Lord..." I was so anxious to know I ran into Target, then ran across the street and took the test in the bathroom at Williams Sonoma. (Would've done it at Target but their bathrooms were closed!) Haha!! Anyway.... I realize it's barely visible, but isn't it true that if you can see any line at all it's a positive?? Input please!!!! :huh:

**Editing to add: Has anyone ever seen a super faint line and it turned out that you weren't pregnant?**
Photobucket

And now with contrast for added drama...
Photobucket

**********5/21 UPDATE**********
Ok, here's the FMU test. Same results... nothing very conclusive. Hmmm. Looks like I'm off to buy a FRER today! Will post the results of that later. Smile
Photobucket

W/Contrast
Photobucket

*********FRER Update***********
Ok, just took an FRER and it looks like I'm not preggo. I have a tiny twinge of disappointment, just because that would have been exciting, but honestly I'm perfectly fine with it. I'm leaving for California on Monday for my sister's bachelorette party and wedding so it's nice to know I can celebrate with the rest of 'em! Wink It'll happen in time!!
Photobucket

JenIsrael's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 8 months ago
Joined: 03/01/06
Posts: 13

I DEFINITELY see a line in both pics. Yes, a line is a line is a line! I've taken a million pregnancy tests (since it took over two years to conceive Mady) and I never ever had even a shadow of a line if the test was negative. I think your eggo is preggo.

OMG! So excited for you! Congrats, Ali!!!! Biggrin

JenIsrael's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 8 months ago
Joined: 03/01/06
Posts: 13

And you best be planning to test tomorrow with FMU and post a pic, young lady! Wink

We'll be stalking you.....

Barbee06's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 4 months ago
Joined: 06/16/07
Posts: 176

I DO see a line.......although it COULD be an evap line.

If you are due to start your period in a week and a half, do you have any idea how many dpo you are?

Is that an early test. You know, test before your period. Most of them are 6 or 5 days before your missed period.

This is SO exciting!!! I bet you are!!!

fittoac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 8 months ago
Joined: 05/05/08
Posts: 383

"JenIsrael" wrote:

And you best be planning to test tomorrow with FMU and post a pic, young lady! Wink

We'll be stalking you.....

Oh yes... I will definitely be doing that! I bought the 3-pack so I could have one at the ready, just in case. Wink

Thanks, Jen! I'm getting more excited by the minute!! Oh, side note.... my husband doesn't even know yet!! He's on a trip and I've called him literally 15 times over the last 6 hours but his freakin phone has been off! Argh!! I am BURSTING at the seams to tell someone but of course have to wait til I can tell Conor!! So your feedback is much appreciated. Smile

fittoac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 8 months ago
Joined: 05/05/08
Posts: 383

"Barbee06" wrote:

I DO see a line.......although it COULD be an evap line.

If you are due to start your period in a week and a half, do you have any idea how many dpo you are?

Is that an early test. You know, test before your period. Most of them are 6 or 5 days before your missed period.

This is SO exciting!!! I bet you are!!!

Yes, it's an early test. I was also thinking it could possibly be an evap line, but it appeared immediately..... so I dunno. Ahhh..... this wait is KILLING ME!

And no.... I have no idea how many dpo I am! I guess only time will tell!

Mommyin0406080912's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 2 weeks ago
Joined: 02/16/08
Posts: 1644

I hate blue dye tests! Get a FRER!! I see the lines though!!! Smile Congrats!!!

Nell4Him's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 10/25/06
Posts: 2455

I say false positive. When our Jan LO's were about 4 months old I got 5 of those! 3 neg FRER and a negative blood test. But my fasle positives were all blue dye, from two different boxes. I HATE the blue dye now.

:goodluck:

fittoac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 8 months ago
Joined: 05/05/08
Posts: 383

"Nell4Him" wrote:

I say false positive. When our Jan LO's were about 4 months old I got 5 of those! 3 neg FRER and a negative blood test. But my fasle positives were all blue dye, from two different boxes. I HATE the blue dye now.

:goodluck:

Wow, you're kidding me!! That's terrible! I'm glad you shared that. I so wish Piper weren't already in bed or I'd be hauling her off to Walgreens to pick up some different tests! Haha!

Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 02/08/08
Posts: 35

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! Go get a FRER!!!!!! I"m gonna be stalking.....:yahoo:

Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 02/08/08
Posts: 35

stupid blue dye!!!

JenIsrael's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 8 months ago
Joined: 03/01/06
Posts: 13

Sorry for the false positive with the blue dye test. Glad you're okay with it though! Have a blast at your sister's bachelorette party! Smile

Nell4Him's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 10/25/06
Posts: 2455

Have fun at the bachelorette party! :party:

So are you guys JLIH, or did you just have a few heat of the moment events? Wink

Barbee06's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 4 months ago
Joined: 06/16/07
Posts: 176

How disappointing! It will happen. Have fun with the girls!

Mommyin0406080912's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 2 weeks ago
Joined: 02/16/08
Posts: 1644

THey should take blue dye tests off the market! I am sorry it was neg but I happy your ok with that! Are you and hubby trying for another? Smile

fittoac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 8 months ago
Joined: 05/05/08
Posts: 383

Thanks everyone! I so appreciate your responses at a time that I was literally going crazy with anticipation! So nice to be able to unload here when you can't do that in real life. Smile

To answer some of your questions, we definitely want to get preggo again, but were hoping for that to happen after the two weddings we were in this month. (The last of which being my sister's a week from today). So I got the Mirena removed 2 months ago but we'd been using condoms, which are far less fun. Wink So yeah... basically we just got caught up in the heat of the moment a while ago and didn't use one, and since then took on a 'what the hell' attitude about it and just haven't bothered since. Ha! I knew it was a long shot since we'd only been doing it unprotected for the last 2 weeks and it seems so unlikely that I'd get a positive test that quickly, but after I saw that thin blue line I was like 'what the heck!?' and scurried on over to you trusty gals. Wink

Anyway, yeah.... not sad about it. Actually, quite pleased. It would've been exciting, of course, but it'd be a huge bummer to not be able to partake in any celebratory beverages at the bachelorette party and wedding next week! Especially considering the fact that we're going to Santa Barbara to do wine tasting for the bachelorette!! :wine:

Oh, and there is another positive thing about this experience: I now know that blue dye tests are totally worthless!! Now I won't waste my money on any of those in the future. Here's hoping I'll have a similar post in a month or two that's for REAL!! Biggrin

Nell4Him's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 10/25/06
Posts: 2455

"fittoac" wrote:

Thanks everyone! I so appreciate your responses at a time that I was literally going crazy with anticipation! So nice to be able to unload here when you can't do that in real life. Smile

To answer some of your questions, we definitely want to get preggo again, but were hoping for that to happen after the two weddings we were in this month. (The last of which being my sister's a week from today). So I got the Mirena removed 2 months ago but we'd been using condoms, which are far less fun. Wink So yeah... basically we just got caught up in the heat of the moment a while ago and didn't use one, and since then took on a 'what the hell' attitude about it and just haven't bothered since. Ha! I knew it was a long shot since we'd only been doing it unprotected for the last 2 weeks and it seems so unlikely that I'd get a positive test that quickly, but after I saw that thin blue line I was like 'what the heck!?' and scurried on over to you trusty gals. Wink

Anyway, yeah.... not sad about it. Actually, quite pleased. It would've been exciting, of course, but it'd be a huge bummer to not be able to partake in any celebratory beverages at the bachelorette party and wedding next week! Especially considering the fact that we're going to Santa Barbara to do wine tasting for the bachelorette!! :wine:

Oh, and there is another positive thing about this experience: I now know that blue dye tests are totally worthless!! Now I won't waste my money on any of those in the future. Here's hoping I'll have a similar post in a month or two that's for REAL!! Biggrin

Yahoo Congrats on starting to TTC!!! Yahoo

Blondie1982's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 6 months ago
Joined: 10/11/07
Posts: 25

Maybe it's still to early. I hope you get a positive!!!!

Offline
Last seen: 1 year 12 months ago
Joined: 08/02/06
Posts: 98

Darn...haha!
No really though, blue dye tests suck!

Have fun at the festivities.