Update- After a tri-screen scare and CVS test, we found out.....It's a boy!
UPDATE- 2nd appt on Monday, we heard the heartbeat! Over 160 BPM. Pretty cool! We get to do another u/s in two weeks because I had a small cyst on my first and they want to check on it.
I have my first ultrasound pics!! Still really small, but a heartbeat of 137. They're thinking I'm going to be more like Dec 25th now though!
HCG on 4/22, 10 days DPO- 744 (yikes, that seems high!)
HCG on 4/26, 14 days DPO- over 4000 (normal)
Last edited by cityzen; 06-23-2008 at 10:56 PM.
I am Monica, and this will be #2 for us, got lucky and conceived on the first try. my EDD is January 1st. I threw away all my HPT after I thought I miscarried, turns out it was just some crazy bleeding and my hcg's came back at 24,000 at 5w4days and 32,000 at 5w6d, no sign of twins in my first ultrasound(whew!). I go back on the 19th for another ultrasound to hear a heartbeat. Hopefully it will be good news.
May 19th U/S there's a heartbeat
June 2nd consult with homebirth midwife
June 4th U/S reveals a complete placenta previa
June 18th 1st appt. with new OB office, heard the heartbeat with the doppler 128bpm
July 17th appt. with new OB, everything's good, gained 6 lbs so far.
Aug. 4th BIG U/S, healthy baby, possibly a boy, the tech slipped up, I think. Still a complete placents previa.
Aug. 14th had my OB appt. hb was 145, gained 14lbs so far. The U/S report sent to the OB said my placenta was just lowlying, not a previa anymore
Aug. 22nd had my first appt. with the midwife and everything was great hb was 145bpm. We were there for almost 2 hours with the midwife, Sienna came and loved it there.
Sept. 12th HB was good, gained 23 lbs so far, scheduled my 28 week appt, to do the glucose testing and to get another Rhogam shot. in and out in less than 20 minutes.
Sept. 19th great appt. hb was 148bpm, lost 1 lb since OB appt, for a total of 22lbs gained so far. We went over my diet, need more protein, etc. watched a video of a woman having a waterbirth, Sienna was entranced. Sienna asks everyday if we are going to the midwife today. Have another appt. in 3 weeks and we will test my iron, better start taking my supplements.
Oct. 10th OB appt, hb was 150, did the glucose test, got a Rhogam shot, gained 6lbs for a total of 28 so far. Midwife appt, hb was 140, baby was head up, everything was "perfect" discussed insurance and it is looking like a decent amount out of pocket, but we can probably change our insurance to lower our deductibles and spend less overall.
Oct. 13th U/S today, placenta is still low lying but they said shouldn't cause any problems, but I should go back around 34 weeks or so to check again, baby was great, weight estimated around 2lbs 10 oz, hb was 138. This tech kept saying "she" so this really will be a surprise.
Oct. 23rd had my OB appt, glucose came back at 87, iron was 10.1 and 34, so a little low, I don't plan on scheduling any more appts. with them.
Oct. 24th everything is good, discussed my iron levels, just need to keep up with my iron supplements and I should be fine, scheduled my next 3 appts. including my home visit at 36 weeks!
Oct. 26th my baby shower- nice and mellow, just a few friends from work, got the swing I wanted and a few other small items that I needed.
Nov. 10th midwife appt. everything is good, gained 4 more lbs for a total of 35, hb was 156bpm, measuring right on. I thnk this baby will be bigger than Sienna, hopefully not by much though.
Nov. 21st midwife appt.
Dec. 1st midwife homevisit!
Dec. 8th midwife appt. mw suggested we look at my placenta on the u/s and it looked right in front of baby's head.
Dec 10th I scheduled another u/s and my placenta is 1.7 cm away from my cervix. too low for a homebirth.
Dec. 11th had an OB visit, she says I can go for a vaginal birth, but if there is bleeding then I will need a c-section, that is a relief, thought I would be an automatic c-section.
Dec. 18th had an OB appt, weighed in at 155, yikes! I am up 45 lbs. everything is good, I am 1 cm dialated
Dec. 23rd OB appt. gained 2 more lbs, now I am at the weight I was when I had Sienna. I am now dialated to 2cm. Have been having contractions on and off, getting closer. Measured the belly, it is 43."
Dec. 30th next OB appt. nothing too exciting, baby is posterior, which I have known all along, measuring right on, actually lost a lb, so I am at 46lbs total. Baby is high still, but probably b/c its OP.
Jan. 2 NST and BPP Had to go to the hospital for NST and BPP (u/s) since I am now overdue. Everything looked good, fluid level was 9.6.
Jan. 6th OB appt. and NST gained 4 more lbs for a total of 50, ughh... baby is great, scheduled an induction for Sunday night, 1/11, I'll be 10 days late at that point, really hoping to go into labor on my own before then. NST was uneventful, everything is good.
Jan. 9th NST and BPP
Jan. 11th 8pm Induction scheduled
Expecting a surprise but just for fun we tried the intelligender test that my midwife gave us
Last edited by monarn; 01-07-2009 at 11:09 AM. Reason: update
I am excited to reserve my space here. My EDD is Jan 2. I am having first U/S on 19th May.
Last edited by Michelle; 06-15-2008 at 07:27 AM.
Jonathan & Jen - Married May 30, 2004
- April 26, 2008 - First BFP!
- April 29, 2008 - First beta @ 14 DPO = 165
- May 1, 2008 - Second beta @ 16 DPO = 378
- May 21, 2008 - First ultrasound @ 7 weeks!
- June 9, 2008 - 10 week appointment with new OB/Gyn - got another ultrasound, baby measured one day ahead of schedule, heart rate was 171 bpm!
- July 9, 2008 - 14 week appointment with OB/Gyn @ - heard heart beat with doppler, heart rate was in the 150's, uterus is measuring on schedule!
- August 6, 2008 - 18 week appointment with OB/Gyn - heard heart beat with doppler, heart rate was in the 140's, uterus is measuring on schedule!
- August 19, 2008 - 20 weeks anatomy/gender ultrasound - everything looks great! It's a GIRL!
- September 4, 2008 - 22 week appointment with OB/Gyn - heard heart beat with doppler, heart rate in the 140's, uterus is measuring on schedule, doc wants repeat ultrasound to get better pics of baby's heart and spine. Doc also suggested that we register for child-birthing classes now.
- September 16, 2008 - 24 week repeat anatomy ultrasound - baby's heart and spine look fine. Baby's still a girl!
- October 2, 2008 - 26 week appointment with OB/Gyn - 1 hour glucose test screening and anemia test - PASSED both!
- October 30, 2008 - 30 week appointment with OB/Gyn, uterus measuring 31 weeks, heart-rate in the 150's. Doc gave us a recommendation for a pediatrician.
- November 4, 2008 - Childbirth classes start. We will go every Tuesday for 4 weeks.
- November 13, 2008 - 32 week appointment with OB/Gyn.
- December 1, 2008 - 35 week appointment with OB/Gyn. Got to meet the other doctor in the practice. She is very nice. Heart-rate in the 130's and uterus measuring on schedule. Also had my GBS test and my first cervical check. Doc says cervix is soft and baby is head down.
- December 11, 2008 - 36 week appointment with OB/Gyn, ultrasound says baby weighs 5 lbs. 9 ozs. and should weigh about 7 lbs. at birth. Heart rate is in the 150's. GBS test came back negative. Baby is still head down, and cervix is soft, but not dilated.
- December 18, 2008 - 37 week appointment with OB/Gyn. Baby is officially "full term" this week! Heart rate is in the 160's (thanks to the fruit smoothie I drank before my appointment) and uterus is measuring right on schedule. Doc says baby probably weighs about 6 pounds now.
- December 24, 2008 - 38 week appointment with OB/Gyn. Had to see other doc cuz my normal doc got called away for a delivery. Baby is measuring good and heart rate is fine. Cervix is 1/2 cm dilated and has thinned out. Had some scary bleeding after cervix check, so doc sent me to Labor & Delivery to get monitored. All is fine with baby and with me, so they released me. Doc also scheduled induction for January 6th at 8pm, if I don't go into labor on my own before then. Yay for an end date!
- December 31, 2008 - 39 week appointment with OB/Gyn. Last appointment! Uterus measurement and baby's heart rate are fine. I decline a cervix check because of the bleeding I had last week. Doc tells us the procedure for induction and says he'll see us next week, if not sooner!
- January 5, 2009 - My official due date!
- January 6, 2009 - Induction scheduled for 8pm!
- January 7, 2009 - Madelyn Kate is born at 3:11 pm, weighing 6 pounds, 8 ounces!
Last edited by JenIsrael; 04-03-2009 at 06:58 PM.
My husband and I have been TTC for 1 1/2 yrs. It is so exciting! EDD January 2nd, but unfortunately I don't get to the OB until June 10th. Feels like forever away. Congrats everyone!
May 14th: 1st u/s 6 1/2 weeks Saw and heard a little heartbeat 160! So excited.
June 10th: 1st appt. Doppler. Heartbeat sounded wonderful. It's amazing how magical that little sound is.
July 8th: Next appt
Last edited by amweather; 07-02-2008 at 08:08 AM.
Gabrielle Marie, due January 11, 2009
Born October 12, 2008, 1 pound 1 ounce, 11 inches
Confirmed by a digital on May 1.
First Appointment: May 29th @ 11:30am 7w3d (everything is absolutely normal!)
First ultrasound: June 9th @ 10:45 am 9w - WE HAVE A HEARTBEAT! 167 bpm! Baby is measuring 9w1d
NT Scan & Second Appointment July 2 @ 11:30am 12w3d (baby measuring 12w4d)
3rd OB appointment: July 28 @ 10:30 (16w 1d) Everything was great - gained 4lbs total. We heard a kick on the doppler, but I wasn't able to feel it.
7/31 - Call from office that level for spina bifida was high
8/1 - Genetic Counselor consultation
8/4 - 17w1d, ultrasound - everything looks good. Amnio. We're having a GIRL!
8/8 - Amnio results came back NEGATIVE for spina bifida!!!
8/14 - BP was good, measuring on target, gained 9lbs OMG! Took forever to find heartbeat, but it was there!
9/11 - BP was high, baby measuring small =(
9/25 - We suspect placental insufficiency - baby is still growing too slow
10/3 - into the Hospital
10/12 - Welcome, Gabby!
For updates on Gabby, visit my blog at http://babym1.blogspot.com
Last edited by beckastar; 10-28-2008 at 11:40 PM.
After ttc for nearly 2 years, our first IVF cycle seems to have done the trick!
And the digital!
Monday 8/25 - Big Ultrasound!
Wednesday 9/10 - OB appt
Last edited by joysiloo; 08-13-2008 at 01:35 PM.
Excited to join you all! After a year we are super excited for the start of our first pregnancy! Number One is expected on January 9 but the first doctors appointment isn't until May 13!
Jenna  * Mommy to Carter John  * 11.09.06
SO Andy  * Daddy to Jacob Andrew  * 01.05.02
First Little Bean Together !!!
BFP - 05.06.08 * 10 DPO !!!
#1 ... May 28 @ 10:45 am - 7 weeks [ 164.5 lbs ]
#2 ... Jun 18 @ 9:00 am - 10 weeks [ 168.5 lbs ] up 4 lbs in 3 weeks
#3 ... Jul 23 @ 9:00 am - 15 weeks [ 172.5 lbs ] up 7 lbs in 5 weeks = 11 lbs total
#4 ... Aug 25 @ 8:30 am - 20 weeks [ no weight ]
[ New Practice ]
#5 ... Oct 2 @ 4:00 pm - 25 weeks [ 187.0 lbs ] up 14.5 lbs in 10 weeks = 22.5 lbs total
#6 ... Oct 23 @ 9:00 am - 28 weeks [ 193.5 lbs ] up 6.5 lbs in 3 weeks = 29 lbs total
#7 ... Nov 20 @ 9:15 am - 32 weeks [ 196.5 lbs ]
#8 ... Dec 3 @ 4:00 pm - 34 weeks [ 199.0 lbs ]
#9 ... Dec 18 @ 9:30 am - 36 weeks [ 201.5 lbs ]
#10 ... Dec 30 @ 1:40 pm - 38 weeks
10 weeks - Jun 18
20 weeks - Aug 25
34 weeks - Dec 3
IT'S A BOY !!!
Last edited by jenna_rose; 12-20-2008 at 01:52 PM.