Ugh, I don't know who to complain to about this right now, so you ladies get to be the lucky recipients...I just discovered the back wall of our bedroom closet is totally covered in black mold. It's horrible. I discovered it because I noticed a weird smell coming from the closet, and removed everything in it expecting to find a dead mouse or something. I would have PREFERRED to find a freaking mouse! At least then I could dispose of it and be done. I decided to try and peel off the wallpaper to see if I could bleach the wall and then paint Kilz over it, but the wall started crumbling in my fingers. GROSS!!! I closed the door and will not be trying to deal with that on my own. I called DH and he was like "get out of there, are you crazy??" We live in a rental house owned by DH's work, and I called the maintenance folks but of course it's labor day and I can't get ahold of them. I think we have to sleep in the spare bedroom tonight, because when I pulled everything out and tried to take off the wallpaper, I totally released the spores into the air. Griffin had a weird rash that came and went suddenly the other day and has had a cough, and now I am freaking out that it is because of the mold. I feel like crying. OK, the end.
I Sooooooo would be crying, too!!! I know nothing about mold, but I know that Black Mold is the worst kind!
I hope you guys get it resolved soon!!
Janelle and Brad 8-25-01