Conflicted :( About progestrone and Landon's size

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
RoniBoo's picture
Joined: 06/07/11
Posts: 903
Conflicted :( About progestrone and Landon's size

Well ladies as you may know.. I am on the progesterone injections started at 21 weeks because I had a history of cervical failure and with this pregnancy I have been monitored with weekly shots and every 2 weeks U/S. (well U/S up till 28 weeks)

My OB said to stop at 36 weeks and the ER doc mentioned that I could stop at 35 weeks. So I am a bit confused and very conflicted as I want to do what is right for my lil guy. He is measuring about 3 weeks ahead as well. For example when I was 32 weeks and 4 days and he was measuring at 35 weeks and 5 days ? and he was 6 lbs and 2 oz.. (some body parts are 36 weeks and his head is 37 weeks) so by now he must be about 7 lbs and I have 4 weeks to go till my c-section.. I have a feeling he will come a little earlier anyways as my stomach has started aching on and off but nothing close together.

Well I ran out of my meds today and according to my OB I have one more shot to go and I am not sure if that shot will make a difference as I will be 36 weeks. I just feel that at this point that shot may keep him there and he may be ready to come. I don?t know I am confused Sad I just think at this point if mother nature wanting him to come then let it and not control it. (worried about his size and I hope he is ok)

thinktink19's picture
Joined: 06/18/06
Posts: 1028

If your comfortable with your OB and trust him/her then I would stop it at 36 weeks per the OB. If the shots are whats keeping him in I would def stick w the 36 week one as he will have baked longer. Do what your heart is telling you.

turtnjay's picture
Joined: 02/24/09
Posts: 2095

I agree with Lisa. I would go with my OB.

If you've had cervical failure below, and he comes early, it doesn't mean he's ready, you know? Also, at this stage, an additional week will do nothing but help little Landon.

I would also ask myself this...if I stop the shot and he comes in a few days and needs extra attention, will I feel guilty or like I made the wrong decision? The answer for me would be yes and I would be so angry with myself. And that's why I would continue the shots until my OB was comfortable.

Jenn0113's picture
Joined: 03/09/07
Posts: 5335

"turtnjay" wrote:

I agree with Lisa. I would go with my OB.

If you've had cervical failure below, and he comes early, it doesn't mean he's ready, you know? Also, at this stage, an additional week will do nothing but help little Landon.

I would also ask myself this...if I stop the shot and he comes in a few days and needs extra attention, will I feel guilty or like I made the wrong decision? The answer for me would be yes and I would be so angry with myself. And that's why I would continue the shots until my OB was comfortable.

I couldn't agree more with ALL of this.

RoniBoo's picture
Joined: 06/07/11
Posts: 903

Sorry for the late reply.. I really feel the same way. It's just confusing when you have two different doctors saying two different stop dates. Trust me I have waited so long to have a gift such as my little landon. I can wait as long as I can to hold him Wink I just hate conflicting information. I am a liitle worried about his movement lately but I know it decreases at this point. Maybe I'll post for opinions on that Wink