Mucus plug? (TMI)

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tanylisa's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 17 hours ago
Joined: 08/30/07
Posts: 770
Mucus plug? (TMI)

This morning I've been having some heavy brown discharge and the first thing I thought of was the plug. I'm calling the office when they open and see what they think. I did a lot of walking yesterday ( which was torturous lol) so maybe that did something?

Ventana's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 9 months ago
Joined: 10/23/05
Posts: 187

In my experience the mucus plug is - well, mucusy. (gross!) Smile It is not like just regular discharge or spotting but more bloody. Still better to be safe than sorry so I would still go and get checked by your OB. Good luck and KUP!

Mommyin0406080912's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 3 months ago
Joined: 02/16/08
Posts: 1644

Let us know what the dr says. I thought you could loose some mucus plug and it would come back?

Tanylisa's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 17 hours ago
Joined: 08/30/07
Posts: 770

"Mommyin04060809" wrote:

Let us know what the dr says. I thought you could loose some mucus plug and it would come back?

I think it can regenerate, not sure though. I haven't called yet, my little wild man here won't give me a quiet minute lol, I'll update when I do call though.

turtnjay's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 1 month ago
Joined: 02/24/09
Posts: 2095

Yes, it does regenerate.

In my experience, and note that I only remember ever losing my mucus plug 2 months after DS#4 was born, it was yellowish and looked like snot...so gross. But unmistakeable. Like when you're sick and you blow your nose, that consistency. No blood for me but it was well AFTER baby that I lost it. Strange, I know!

Jenn0113's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 10 months ago
Joined: 03/09/07
Posts: 5335

"turtnjay" wrote:

Yes, it does regenerate.

In my experience, and note that I only remember ever losing my mucus plug 2 months after DS#4 was born, it was yellowish and looked like snot...so gross. But unmistakeable. Like when you're sick and you blow your nose, that consistency. No blood for me but it was well AFTER baby that I lost it. Strange, I know!

I was going to say this. It regenerates and when it comes out you will know. It looks like a huge wad of snot - YUCK! And sometimes it has a tiny bit of blood in it.

RoniBoo's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 4 months ago
Joined: 06/07/11
Posts: 903

Uh Oh.. I always thought it was bloody.. Good thing I go get a U/S tomorrow as I had some of that a few days back. (not a lot though but noticeable) But then again I think my body is weird anyways as I normally don’t have any real noticeable discharge. I heard from someone you can lose it a month before but then again I read differently. Hmmm

James87's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 05/07/11
Posts: 232

Ive been losing peices of it. Today was probably the biggest peice lol. It def is like blowing ur nose while u have a cold. like Jelly snot semen grossness. And it doesnt break apart its gooey

Jenn0113's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 10 months ago
Joined: 03/09/07
Posts: 5335

"James87" wrote:

Ive been losing peices of it. Today was probably the biggest peice lol. It def is like blowing ur nose while u have a cold. like Jelly snot semen grossness. And it doesnt break apart its gooey

ROFL... :puke2: ..... the things we talk about just never ceases to amaze me.

James87's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 05/07/11
Posts: 232

hahah ya. its amazing the things that actually come out of my mouth and vagina lately.

Tanylisa's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 17 hours ago
Joined: 08/30/07
Posts: 770

I called yesterday and they said it could be pieces of the mucus plug, and since my appointment is this week I'll wait to get checked out, unless of course something changes. I also have an u/s tomorrow & NST Friday, so it makes me feel better that I have a few appts. in case anything is going on.