Woot! Update with pics #5

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
turtnjay's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 02/24/09
Posts: 2095
Woot! Update with pics #5

Yay!! Had a great appt today!

The u/s was wonderful! Baby is still measuring days ahead. Today I'm 12w2d (though by my doc 12w4d) and measured 13w1d.

My trisomy 21 results were 1:5400 (better than a teenager!)
My trisomy 18 results were 1:58000 (better than a teenager!)

Measurements were 'normal' and doc saw no reason to worry about anything. Still keeping due date as is. Based on charting I think Jan 9, but doc used Jan 7, and MFM wants to stick with that.

Heartrate 158 bpm! No nub could be seen and I didn't ask. I'm enjoying not knowing.
I did see lots of thumb sucking, though!!!! I love it when babies suck their thumbs.

I try to put some pics up in a bit. Gotta take DS#4 to get shots...boo.

verdouxkai's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 1 week ago
Joined: 03/05/07
Posts: 827

Awesome!!! Congrats on a great appointment! Yahoo

turtnjay's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 02/24/09
Posts: 2095

Thanks!

I noticed I made a mistake on the trisomy 21 number so updated it. Doesn't make a difference in the end but you know, accuracy and all. Wink

lesleynka's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 3 months ago
Joined: 04/26/11
Posts: 1845

That's great Christina! CONGRATULATIONS!

You both must be floating on air right now Smile Can't wait to see the pics.

turtnjay's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 02/24/09
Posts: 2095

Here are a few pics...sorry if they are big and blurry.

thinktink19's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 7 months ago
Joined: 06/18/06
Posts: 1028

yay for a great apt! Love the pics!!! We are due date buddies!! Biggrin based on what your going with Smile

turtnjay's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 02/24/09
Posts: 2095

"thinktink19" wrote:

yay for a great apt! Love the pics!!! We are due date buddies!! Biggrin based on what your going with Smile

Yay! And I think we'll both be having a c-section, right? That would be too funny if we had babies on the same date, too. Biggrin

clio's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 8 months ago
Joined: 11/05/07
Posts: 590

Congrats on the great app't! How did you get your results so quickly? I've still got another week to wait for mine.

sometimes's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/08/08
Posts: 900

Aww s/he's cute! I'm glad your results are awesome!

turtnjay's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 02/24/09
Posts: 2095

"clio" wrote:

Congrats on the great app't! How did you get your results so quickly? I've still got another week to wait for mine.

I did the blood test 1 week (well, actually 10 days) prior to the u/s. The place I went said that if I did them at least 1 week ahead, I would get results at the appt. Also, I'm 36 so it was mandatory (at this place) that I have genetic counseling. (It wasn't too bad as I don't have any bad history to go over...whew!)

kridda_88's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 01/28/08
Posts: 1798

Awww. It looks like a baby! Congrats on the good appointment! Though it's making me even more anxious for mine in 2 weeks and my U/S at 20 weeks!

turtnjay's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 02/24/09
Posts: 2095

"kridda_88" wrote:

Awww. It looks like a baby! Congrats on the good appointment! Though it's making me even more anxious for mine in 2 weeks and my U/S at 20 weeks!

I know, huh...once it starts to look like a baby, it's so much more real. I'm excited for your appt coming up! 2 weeks will pass like no time.

Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 2 days ago
Joined: 01/19/06
Posts: 550

aaaaaaaw what a cutie ! Biggrin Congrats on a great appt. Love the pics.

nmpiche's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/29/07
Posts: 508

Yay for a great appointment. The bean is so cute! It really does look like a baby now.

Renee595's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 5 months ago
Joined: 12/09/05
Posts: 307

Yay!!! Pic's are so cute!

Tanylisa's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 08/30/07
Posts: 770

So glad you had a great appointment, the pics came out great! Biggrin I have two weeks for my u/s and I can't wait!

PAmom2boys's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 2 months ago
Joined: 04/29/09
Posts: 1494

Aww! Baby looks great!

kridda_88's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 01/28/08
Posts: 1798

"turtnjay" wrote:

I know, huh...once it starts to look like a baby, it's so much more real. I'm excited for your appt coming up! 2 weeks will pass like no time.

Yes it is. That's why I personally prefer to wait until i'm further along to have any U/S. Unless there is a need for it. Like with my second. I just barely got off BC pills before I got pregnant so the dr wasn't sure on my dates. I was but she wasn't. So I got an U/S at 9 weeks. It was nice to see the heart beat and see that it was measuring good but it just didn't really get me excited.

I'm so happy you had a great appointment! I think I'm the last one on the board to have my first appointment. Heck I think several ladies on the February board have had their first already.

verdouxkai's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 1 week ago
Joined: 03/05/07
Posts: 827

So cute!!!

turtnjay's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 02/24/09
Posts: 2095

"kridda_88" wrote:

Yes it is. That's why I personally prefer to wait until i'm further along to have any U/S. Unless there is a need for it. Like with my second. I just barely got off BC pills before I got pregnant so the dr wasn't sure on my dates. I was but she wasn't. So I got an U/S at 9 weeks. It was nice to see the heart beat and see that it was measuring good but it just didn't really get me excited.

I'm so happy you had a great appointment! I think I'm the last one on the board to have my first appointment. Heck I think several ladies on the February board have had their first already.

I felt like I had to wait forever, and that was 10.3 weeks! You are a stronger woman than I am, Krista, that's for sure. Smile

turtnjay's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 02/24/09
Posts: 2095

Thanks everyone...it's definitely starting to feel real now.

RoniBoo's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 06/07/11
Posts: 903

Great lil pic of your cutie Smile Congrats on a awsome DR visit Smile

JuneorJulyBaby?'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 7 months ago
Joined: 10/20/08
Posts: 2479

Great pictures and so glad that the appointment went well Christina SmileSmileSmile

Mommyin0406080912's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 3 weeks ago
Joined: 02/16/08
Posts: 1644

Glad everything went ok!!! Smile Great pictures!!!!!

AmayaNSugar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 3 months ago
Joined: 01/08/07
Posts: 267

Great pics! Congrats on the great appointment!