From my phone...
Showed up for reg appt. Felt great. Bp 200/100. Protein 3+. Admitted for vag induction. Baby b turned breech. C section. Babies came out great 6lb6oz. I was needing oxygen overnight for my "cold" turns out to be pulmonary edema from pre eclampsia or heart failure (new/related to pregnancy). Hayden couldnt keep his temp or blood sugars up after a 24 hr roller coaster ride of checking- so after every 2 hr blood sugar/temp checks is sent to icu. This is probably related to the c-section and breastfeeding (ie hes spending calories trying to eat when he just needs calories). Caleb doing great- we are attempting to get breastfeeding going but supplementing with a little formula at the breast. Pumping is being tried also. I have a very distended belly related to c-section issues. But I have had some great nurses and I think we have a plan for the next few days. Overall I would like to give bf'ing a chance. Wont be exclusive but its easier to maintain a supply with twins. Just feel horrible because even though he was a good size Hayden was probably too weak to breastfeed from the getgo. Theyre beautiful. Oh and this was definitely my last pregnancy. Hopefully the heart lung issues will clear up (they usually do). I am somehow not afraid at all of bringing twin newborns home and just pray for their health. Making a list of the nurses and docs who have helped. Will send thank you notes because I know it means a lot.
Can't wait for updates on you and the boys! And pics of course! Congrats!
Lesli & Russell August 24, 2007
Savanna June --- January 29, 2009
Alivia Christi --- January 9, 2013
Congrats on your twins! I was hoping to read an update. Sorry to hear about Hayden having to go to the NICU and hope his stay there is short. Hope your lung & BP issues clear up. Do you mind if I share this on the IVF board?
IVF #1-cancelled d/t embryos arresting before transfer (3/09)
IVF #2-BFP 9wks-7/30/09 (6/09)
IVF #3-BFN (5/10)