So, I am starting a new job in September. It is a job they are literally moving us up for, and they have been looking for someone for a long time. Obviously, I will not be due FMLA yet. I am hoping my insurance will allow pregnancy to not be a pre-existing condition. I am taking two months off of work this summer and keeping my cobra, but that will be awfully expensive if I have to keep it through Dec-Jan when I have our baby. The real question is when to tell the new job. Should I tell them before I start, after I start... and if before I start, what week of my pregnancy should I do it?
We have been trying for over two years to have this child, and we are thrilled...
P.S. I am the primary breadwinner and we are planning on DH becoming a SAHD.
I was going to wait till after my first trimester to tell my work which would be the end of June, but because you are not starting work till September I would just wait to tell them till after you start. As far as your insurance goes as long as you do not have a laps in insurance (a period of time you don?t have insurance) pre exciting conditions should not apply you would just have to show proof of prior coverage.
I, too, am waiting to tell work until the second trimester. I'm a teacher, and I'll be showing when school starts again, but we are getting a new administrator and no one has his contact information yet. If so, I'd probably tell him before going back since I'll be close to 16 weeks when I go back to school. Go with what your gut tells you, but you'd probably be okay to wait until September.