The 8/8 is the biophysical score, you want 8/8 so that is good, means the baby is practice breathing and other stuff that I forget.
Originally Posted by raingirl28
Just ask the OB for a second opinion, they should set up an appointment for you. Also, ask to speak with a neo-natologist, the one we spoke to answered a lot of our questions and gave us some peace of mind. You should be able to see a neo-natologist when you go for a NST.
Very glad they caught this and are monitoring you closely! As someone who lost a child at 33 weeks due to a placental/cord issue, I would give anything to have had a 34 weeker (we had no growth concerns, so the issue was never discovered until it was too late). I am in no way making light of the situationbut applauding your caregivers for catching this and being ready to deliver when necessary.
I am no expert, but often the disabilities you mention can come from a traumatic birth or being deprived of oxygen, so hopefully they can prevent that type of situation with the extra monitoring.
Hopefully things stay okay and baby gets to cook a little longer!
Thanks. *hugs* and I'm so sorry for your loss. As the nurse said today it's better to be overly cautious than under.
Originally Posted by Audgee
Update from today.
Everything looked very good today! The on-call OB was awesome and he answered SO many questions after looking at our file over the last few days.
So, we have asymmetrical IUGR. The baby is still in the normal but low range for the rest of the body (17th percentile) just the abdomen is very small in the 2nd percentile. The cord flow has 3 stages, and ours is only in stage one which shows that it's starting to diminish. No where as bad as they let us think it was.
Fluid levels are good. Umm?what else?.BPP was 8/8 again today and everything was fine on the NST and scan.
The OB even mentioned that if the results stay as good as they have been that we could go to 37 weeks. He thought every other day was a little overkill, but we see the specialist again on Tuesday so we can re-evaluate then.
Parking at the hospital is expensive ($15 a day) and DH can't keep taking time off work to take me (we only have one car) so we need to figure out a plan. Right now we are thinking that DH work from home the days I have scans, he drops me at the hospital, works at home, and then picks me up when I'm done. If something goes wrong and I need him it's only a 5 min drive for up the street to the hospital. Seems to be the best option to avoid parking fees and DH taking time off work.
So, back to resting and being bored. My hands being numb is making it hard to keep occupied. I can't knit/crochet, play video games, read, or anything as my hands are constantly pins and needles. I'm slowly running out of TV/Movies and Netflix things to watch!
Oh Rachel! I'm so sorry I missed this until now! How stressful and upsetting. I'm glad you are now getting better news. Definitely push for your second opinion. As a mom of a special needs child, I have learned that in the end, you never regret pushing for what your baby might need, you only regret NOT pushing. Empower yourself, my dear! :)
Big hugs to you, and I'm sorry you have to deal with all of this (and 15 bucks parking for the day at the hospital!?? that is insane!) and I'm sorry you have to just sit and worry! That's the worst. I'm really glad they are keeping such a close eye. Good luck!
Big hugs.... Glad it's sounding better!
Ugh. I'm being admitted. Baby had decels on the NST today. Just a waiting game still but in hospital this time.
Are you in until you deliver or just for them to observe longer?
Bake and grow, little one! Update us when you can.
Thinking of you, Rachael!