lunch protein suggestions
I know high protein/low carb works best for my body. Pre pregnancy I ate a lot of cold meats (all organic/natural ingredients) such as turkey pepperoni, kielbasa sausage, ham, etc. either in sandwiches or combined with cheeses, whole grain crackers and veggies for something like a ploughman's lunch.
I am having a lot of trouble finding foods to eat for lunch that are portable. In addition, I have something called a "selective eating disorder". It's not bad, just I have a very short list of what I consider "safe" foods, as I have a lot of phobias and anxieties about certain tastes and textures.
This is what I can't eat:
- no fish/seafood (I'm not allergic but my mother is, so I'm paranoid to eat it)
- generally, no leftovers, as I'm paranoid about bacteria. I might eat leftover pasta, but that's it (usually there's none leftover to take though, and I eat low carb so rarely eat pasta anyway)
- no peanut butter sandwiches...I can eat peanut butter sometimes, but it's rare that I want it. Usually I only eat it with apples.
- no re-heated chicken, as it tastes funny.
- nothing with mayo or vinegar or salad dressings or anything sour/pickled.
That's all I can think of right now. I like baked beans, but I can only eat those like once a week at most as I only "like" them enough to stomach them once in a while. I think hummous is on the banned list the same as lunch meat though, unless you make your own (and I'm too tired to do that right now).
I was thinking taco salad (really, just salad greens, taco meat which I don't mind as leftovers, cheese, and salsa), but that covers one day.
Any ideas? Today all I managed to pack was some cherries, cheese sticks, cherrios, and a piece of lemon pound cake (leftover from my cake craving this weekend). Obviously that wasn't enough to eat so I got some chili and a bagel from a local coffee shop.