This isn't for me but related to a post I did last month or earlier....
DH's brother wants to move up near us, because DH's parents and sister just did and now he is alone 1600km away. He (stupidly) quit his job without planning ahead. Now he is out of work as of next week, no other jobs where he lives and he has no savings at all. He has a girlfriend and 1.5 yr old son. She does not work either.
DH's parents are begging us to have them stay here. DH's parents are already staying here (much to my disagreement and stress because I really don't like other people in my personal space). I have flat out said no to his brother, GF, and kid coming here as well. We are already supporting his parents until they find jobs, save up, and find a place of their own which probably won't be until October 1. I'm really struggling with the stress of this all and having panic attacks almost daily. Adding two more adults plus a child (and 2 more dogs) is just too much. Plus, if you remember my other post, I think I mentioned that I don't like his brother because he abuses animals and I just don't trust him around my dog.
So, aside from all that, what other options could you suggest for his brother? There are no jobs where he is in the small town in New Brunswick where he lives. He was only working part time at a grocery store as it is, and they already hired his replacement. He wants to move up here and work, but he has no high school education so I really think him finding a job up here will also be hard even though we are in the greater Toronto area. There are no other family he can stay with and because he has no money and no savings he can't rent a place up here, nor can he wait for DH's parents to find a place and stay with them. We don't have any money to lend him, not with me going on mat leave. And lending it would be a bad idea as he would never pay it back.
The only thing I can think of is that he needs to find a job down there, even if it means a long drive to the next town to do so, and then he needs to save up so he can move up here and find a rental right away. But he is impatient and wants to move up here now (as in next week).
DH is stressed about it, and everyone is whispering in my house which means they are all for it and I'm the one that DH is trying to convince to say yes to him coming here. But I won't back down. I do not want him in my house, no way. It's no one's fault but his own that he quit, now he needs to fix that and his family needs to stop coddling him (imho).