Ok guys I don't know what to do! The cut off for Kindergarten is July 31st so in a few years I can test her in and have her start Kindergarten at 5 years old OR I can hold her and she'll start Kindergarten at 6. Personally I'd like to go ahead and send her at 5 but her daycare provider is an adimate believer in holding kids back.
This leaves me with 2 options for pre-school...
A) if she's going to go to kindergarten at age 5 I would like her to start pre-school this fall when she's 3 and next fall when she's 4
if she's going to kindergarten at age 6 then she won't start pre-school til next fall when she's 4 and then go again when she's 5.
I would like to send her this fall just to see if she's going to be ready. I mean, honestly, I think getting her into preschool will be the only way for me to decide if she'll be ready when she's 5. However the pre-school teacher is a little "iffy" on having a child who just turned 3 in the classroom.
I would like to believe Lexi is mature for her age and will be fine starting school at age 5 and starting preschool at age 3. I just don't know what to do! Am I hurting her by not olding her back or will she end up being bored when she gets older/in school??? HELP!