I've been spoiled by my dad, who bought me a brand-new BOB Revolution jogging stroller. My dad and I are both runners, we trained for our first marathon together several years ago, and run together whenever I am home to visit. It's our "thing", so it was fitting that he would buy baby's 1st running gear. I usually run/walk 25-35 miles per week, so having a great jogging stroller is high on my priority list!
That part's definitely not the dilemma...
I've found someone locally who is selling a *double* BOB Revolution, 2007 model, but in excellent condition for $350 (brand new price will be $700) and it includes several "accessories" that would have to be purchased on top of that $700. I am so incredibly tempted to buy this used BOB to use when we have a second baby. I know that we will not wait until this baby is in preschool before we try for a 2nd (we're both 30 and don't want to wait til 34, especially because we might like to go for 3, kwim?) so as long as we have a second, it should be while both are stroller-age.
I know that some people are superstitious about buying things too early...but I'm not really one of them. If we're not blessed with a second baby, I would accept that it was due to some biological reason and not because I bought a double stroller and jinxed myself...and sell the stroller at that time.
DH is not "with me" on this-- he said he won't be mad if I buy it, but he doesn't understand why I would need to buy a double stroller now--just because it is a good deal. Especially because a "new, better model might come out by the time we need it" (and seeing as how an updated model has already come out, he definitely has a point!)
I think asking my dad to pay over $1000 for strollers over the course of 2 years is slightly unreasonable (!!!) so I'm kind of thinking we might be on our own for the purchase of the double-BOB, which is making me lean towards buying now and saving it for later.
But...(I know this is getting super-long, sorry!) today I started thinking that if I'm willing to put $350 toward the double BOB now, I should be willing to put $350 toward the double BOB when we actually need it, and maybe at that time I could see if my dad would go halfsies with us.
I have to decide in the next 12 hours... what would you do???