Chat to Crowns!

79 posts / 0 new
Last post
celticbandgeek's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 1 month ago
Joined: 06/14/10
Posts: 950
Chat to Crowns!

Hi all! I know I'm determined to get my crowns by the time this LO gets here! Come and chat and get that post count going!

celticbandgeek's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 1 month ago
Joined: 06/14/10
Posts: 950

Anybody have any exciting plans for the weekend? I've got my u/s tomorrow to (hopefully) see the HB. I'm feeling pretty nervous about it, but hoping it will go well.

This weekend I'm going to a craft fair with my mom. Assuming things look good tomorrow, that's when we'll tell her. Sunday I drive her to the train station on the other side of the state so she can head to Fla to visit my sister's family for T'giving. We're dog sitting her dog along with our dog. Hoping that they get along!!!!!

ftmom's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 09/04/06
Posts: 1538

I love craft sales! Hope your u/s goes well and you get to tell your mom.

We are driving about an hour to our closest big 'city' to go to costco and get our winter tires put on (we are late, got about a foot of snow so far today). I am thinking of hitting the maternity store while we are there. I am in a positively selfish group and I won $200 last month that I have to spend on myself, so I am thinking of buying some nice pregnancy clothes. My last 2 pregnancies I mostly wore hand me downs and walmart, but it would be nice to have something nicer this time. I especially want a pair of skinny jeans that can go inside my boots, my boot cuts just pick up snow like crazy!

Aggiegirl06's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 8 months ago
Joined: 03/31/09
Posts: 567

Kyla, maternity shopping sounds fun. My BFF send me a mommy-to-be gift today with a bella band, preggo pops, and Burts Bee's belly cream. So cute!
It's weird to think that you have to buy special winter tires. Lol in Texas it barely gets low enough for a jacket.

My husband is a football coach and we have our second playoff game tomorrow night. Go Tigers! Saturday we are going to his friends teams playoff game.

Offline
Last seen: 3 years 12 months ago
Joined: 11/02/11
Posts: 122

Jean- I was wondering when you were having your ultra sound...I hope that you get to see a beautiful, healthy heartbeat!!! Please keep us posted Smile

As for my weekend, I will be cleaning away until Sunday for my son's birthday party. I'm actually pretty nervous about it because this is the first time we are inviting friends and I want them to have a great time.

Cinn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 7 months ago
Joined: 02/19/07
Posts: 68

Oh keep us posted on the u/s! I dunno when I will be having a u/s our first prenatal visit isn't until Dec.1. This weekend not doing a whole lot. Gonna watch my niece and nephew tomorrow night and probably make some crafts for the craft show next weekend. I just did about 14 bow clips tonight but had to give my poor fingers a break from the hot glue gun. I will prob make some ballet slipper stockings this weekend as well.

ftmom's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 09/04/06
Posts: 1538

Whats a ballet slipper stocking? Sounds like something DD would love:)

nmpiche's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/29/07
Posts: 508

Crafting and shopping... sounds like your weekends will be fun! I am going to be spending most of the weekend re-writing a paper I am working on for a scientific journal and running some experiments. I am totally crazy to be getting a PhD while working full time and being a mom. If money was of no concern I would leave it all to be a SAHM for sure. DD and DH will be spending lots of quality time together again this weekend. I am lucky that DH is so supportive.

Cinn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 7 months ago
Joined: 02/19/07
Posts: 68

it's a stocking made to look like a ballerinas slipper. This is the first one I made and still needs to be finished but here's a pic Smile

From Drop Box
Cinn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 7 months ago
Joined: 02/19/07
Posts: 68

I'm thinking it might be nice it it was a little longer its about 2.5 inches shorter then my standard stocking pattern

Offline
Last seen: 3 years 11 months ago
Joined: 08/15/06
Posts: 210

That is cute, Cinn...

This weekend is DS's final t-ball game of the season followed by the end of the season party. I am really looking forward to it, but I am sad the season is ending. I don't think I have been to a craft fair since I was a child.

Lorah's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 3 months ago
Joined: 11/06/05
Posts: 201

Hello Ladies!! :wavehello:

This weekend I'm having a few friends over for a Thanksgiving Dinner. So today I'm spending all day cooking!! Smile I love this holiday.

Cinn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 7 months ago
Joined: 02/19/07
Posts: 68

Thanks Deanna! It's my first attempt. I'm also making super cute hairbow clips Smile Aww always sucks when the season ends for any sport. I've been to a couple in my adulthood but most when I was a kid. I used to make stuff for county fairs when I was younger lol. I was really hoping to play baseball next summer but I guess it'll be on hold....for a good cause :). Lorah thats fantastic! We already had our thanksgiving in Canada so we gotta wait for Christmas supper! Kinda sucks. This afternoon after work I am going to volunteer for Christmas kettles for the Salvation army. Then watch the Kiddies tonight....thinking crafts tonight they love that about Aunt Brandi lol

ftmom's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 09/04/06
Posts: 1538

"Cinn" wrote:

it's a stocking made to look like a ballerinas slipper. This is the first one I made and still needs to be finished but here's a pic Smile
From Drop Box

I was right. DD would LOVE that! I bet they are a huge hit with the little girl crowd. I just learned how to knit, and am now slightly addicted, so I am hoping to knit the family matching stockings for next Christmas. Since our family should be complete by then:)

"nmpiche" wrote:

Crafting and shopping... sounds like your weekends will be fun! I am going to be spending most of the weekend re-writing a paper I am working on for a scientific journal and running some experiments. I am totally crazy to be getting a PhD while working full time and being a mom. If money was of no concern I would leave it all to be a SAHM for sure. DD and DH will be spending lots of quality time together again this weekend. I am lucky that DH is so supportive.

Wow! I dont know how you do it. I stay home and only work part time and I often feel like I am running behind. You must be superwoman:) What are you getting your PhD in?

Cinn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 7 months ago
Joined: 02/19/07
Posts: 68

Kyla, I hope so! I don't know though as I haven't sold any yet Smile I agree nmpiche must be superwoman. Because I work part time as well and volunteer and craft and often feel behind time and I don't even have babies yet! Good job on being able to accomplish all of that while working!

celticbandgeek's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 1 month ago
Joined: 06/14/10
Posts: 950

Well, my u/s wasn't exactly the happy experience I was hoping for. No fetal pole or heartbeat seen. Sad I was pretty crushed and really upset. Waiting for the hcg numbers to see how things really stand because it was still a bit puzzling. The gestational sac was 11 mm, which is exactly 7mm larger than last Fri...1mm per day is perfect growth. Yolk sac was clear and defined. I really feel right now that, like everything else so far, if they'd waited just the 2 or 3 extra days past the day they EXPECT to see things, then maybe the result might be different. Maybe not.

So, I'm just going to wait and see. I am 6w5d right now, but am still about the same amount behind as I have been all along. :dontknow: i'll let you know when I get hcg numbers,, since they should give an idea about how things are growing. Right now i'm torn between wanting that next scan soon, or declining it and just waiting it out for 2 weeks or so. I know lots of you would love the early look at your bean, but i'm feeling like it is more stress than it is worth. I'd rather wait until I can get a unequivocal answer at this point.

I'll KUP.

WhiteWolf68's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 8 months ago
Joined: 02/06/09
Posts: 505

**Lurker** Jean, how stressful!! I've been thinking of you. Are you on blood thinners or are the antibodies ok? I've been in your shoes before...

/hugs
Jennifer

MommyQCT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 2 weeks ago
Joined: 06/12/08
Posts: 387

Oh Jean - I am so sorry the appt did not go as well as you hoped.
I had my first sono at 6 weeks 1 day and all looked great but too soon to see the heartbeat, so Dr. asked me to come back in 3 weeks... so I think it is totally normal!

How long do you have to wait to get your HGC #'s? I hope soon just to give you a little peice of mind.

MommyQCT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 2 weeks ago
Joined: 06/12/08
Posts: 387

"ftmom" wrote:

I am in a positively selfish group and I won $200 last month that I have to spend on myself, so I am thinking of buying some nice pregnancy clothes. My last 2 pregnancies I mostly wore hand me downs and walmart, but it would be nice to have something nicer this time. I especially want a pair of skinny jeans that can go inside my boots, my boot cuts just pick up snow like crazy!

What is a positivly selfish group? That sound right up my alley - LOL
I have never heard of this...

MommyQCT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 2 weeks ago
Joined: 06/12/08
Posts: 387

BTW - I love chat to the crowns...
I am just dying to get past my 3rd pencil!

today's concern - MONEY!!! AHHH :eek:
well really - money in realtion to the Holidays...
I have a large family - I am the result of a divorce who parents both remarried - mom on her third marriage...so including in laws we have:
6 parents, 4 grandparents, 4, siblings, 1 nephew, 14 sets of Aunts / Uncles, too many cousins to count - at least 30...then there is gifts to buy for my boss, daycare teachers, a few close friends of the family... also DH and my son! It is just out of hand!

I have already in the past few years had conversations with certain ppl and agreed not to exchange gifts...a few sections of family now only do a Secret Santa Grab Bag (but still we have 5 secret santa grab bag gifts to buy!) but still we always end up spending more than we can afford each year - even after setting a budget, shopping around for the best price, etc... and it doesn't help that we live on Lond Island, NY where everything is just more money...and I have tried making gifts - but always ends up more expensive than just buying a small gift!

Don't get me wrong I am happy to have so much family - it is just stresseful this time of year...b/c even if $ wasn't an issue I still never have any ideas of what to buy people...

so my plan was to buy like 1/2 the gifts in Nov and 1/2 in December to spread out the debt - LOL! I handle all the budgeting / bills - then just fill in DH as needed - he is mad at me for over spending already and i olny bough like 3 gifts - still have 24 people to shop for...

We have the same fight every year...but if we didn't have gifts under the tree for all his family on Christmas he would feel bad/ sad... so its like he is having this internal stuggle of what to do and i end up spending weeks worrying and running around to make Christmas perfect for him and DS - and I suffer allthe stress, while he sits on his butt and complains! :eek: AHHHHHHH

OK - Rant over
I feel so much better now!

celticbandgeek's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 1 month ago
Joined: 06/14/10
Posts: 950

"WhiteWolf68" wrote:

**Lurker** Jean, how stressful!! I've been thinking of you. Are you on blood thinners or are the antibodies ok? I've been in your shoes before...

/hugs
Jennifer

No bloodthinners. They felt the results were borderline enough to not need them.

Well, nurse was more tolerable today....more matter-of-fact. Hcg was just under 6000, so that is doubling at about 72 hours, which is normal over 1200 or so from what i've seen. They want me back Monday, and based on my rate of progress (as opposed to their calendar) they expect to see a hb. I thought about declining the scan but decided to just to with it. With 72 hour double the numbers should be over 10,000 and that really should be high enough to see pole and hbbif we are going to. Think good thoughts! Smile

ftmom's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 09/04/06
Posts: 1538

"MommyQCT" wrote:

What is a positivly selfish group? That sound right up my alley - LOL
I have never heard of this...

It is a group of 10 ladies and we all get together once a month. Everyone brings $20 every month and then one person 'wins' all the money. The deal is that they have to spend it on themselves and next month they host and show everyone what they bought. It is really fun to get together with the girls once a month and I figure if we met at a pub or something I would spend $20 anyways, so this way I also get to buy myself something:)

"MommyQCT" wrote:

BTW - I love chat to the crowns...
I am just dying to get past my 3rd pencil!

today's concern - MONEY!!! AHHH :eek:
well really - money in realtion to the Holidays...
I have a large family - I am the result of a divorce who parents both remarried - mom on her third marriage...so including in laws we have:
6 parents, 4 grandparents, 4, siblings, 1 nephew, 14 sets of Aunts / Uncles, too many cousins to count - at least 30...then there is gifts to buy for my boss, daycare teachers, a few close friends of the family... also DH and my son! It is just out of hand!

I have already in the past few years had conversations with certain ppl and agreed not to exchange gifts...a few sections of family now only do a Secret Santa Grab Bag (but still we have 5 secret santa grab bag gifts to buy!) but still we always end up spending more than we can afford each year - even after setting a budget, shopping around for the best price, etc... and it doesn't help that we live on Lond Island, NY where everything is just more money...and I have tried making gifts - but always ends up more expensive than just buying a small gift!

Don't get me wrong I am happy to have so much family - it is just stresseful this time of year...b/c even if $ wasn't an issue I still never have any ideas of what to buy people...

so my plan was to buy like 1/2 the gifts in Nov and 1/2 in December to spread out the debt - LOL! I handle all the budgeting / bills - then just fill in DH as needed - he is mad at me for over spending already and i olny bough like 3 gifts - still have 24 people to shop for...

We have the same fight every year...but if we didn't have gifts under the tree for all his family on Christmas he would feel bad/ sad... so its like he is having this internal stuggle of what to do and i end up spending weeks worrying and running around to make Christmas perfect for him and DS - and I suffer allthe stress, while he sits on his butt and complains! :eek: AHHHHHHH

OK - Rant over
I feel so much better now!

This wont help you for this year, but I try to start my Christmas shopping at the end of the season when everything goes on sale. I make a list so I dont double buy for someone and keep it in my purse. Then, every time I am in a store I check out the clearance racks and if I see something, buy it. I also have a big family (though not as large as yours) and I try to keep it to less than $10 per gift. I find if I leave it later, I start to get desperate and overspend just to get it done:) It also helps spread the budget.

This is especially effective I find for kids gifts. Most of the gifts I buy are for kids.

WhiteWolf68's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 8 months ago
Joined: 02/06/09
Posts: 505

Jean, that's good that you don't have to worry about the antibodies. Hang in there, I know it's a huge pain to wake up extra early and get all this bloodwork and scans. I'll keep you in my prayers and sending huge hb vibes. /hugs

nmpiche's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/29/07
Posts: 508

Thanks Kyla and Cinn. I am definitely not superwoman, I am insane. I am getting a PhD in Pharmacology while I work full time at a pharmaceutical company, there is a special agreement between the academic department and the company. It's been 8 years so far, I started before I met DH. I am so close to the end that I want to finish, especially since it will help me progress up the career ladder (there is kind of a glass ceiling if you don't have a PhD). I spent 5 hours writing today and hopefully another 5 tomorrow and I am supposed to have a meeting on Wednesday to review the paper internally to get ready to show to the lawyers before submission to a scientific journal. I am really hoping to defend my thesis in April (or before this LO makes her/his appearance).

Other than work, we went to a fall festival at DD's daycare center this morning, and had a nice family dinner out tonight. Tomorrow will be grocery shopping, laundry, and more writing (and some playtime with DD). Hope all of you are having great weekends!

Jean, so sorry you had an inconclusive scan. Other than not seeing the hb, everything else seems positive. I agree that sometimes more appointments cause more stress. I have a 2nd u/s scheduled at 6w exactly where they want to try to see the hb. Sounds like I should be prepared for not seeing it. I hope your next appointment is fabulous!

Cinn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 7 months ago
Joined: 02/19/07
Posts: 68

Awesome Nicole! I am doing an online admin assistant course right now then maybe something else later on. I had a lazy day today slept til like noon but prob wasn't in bed til like 4 am, I cleaned and tried desperately to organize my closet and made some progress though only a handful of things made it to the donate pile. Talked with my neighbours and my in laws brought me a bookshelf for our spare room, lol though we already have like 4! Patched hubbys work clothes and I am now debating logging a little time with my sewing machine. Oh and I delivered a set of hairbows I made for a friends daughter! Tomorrow is Laundry day boooooo

ftmom's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 09/04/06
Posts: 1538

Well, we did the drive, got the tires put on, dragged the kids all around town shopping all day. And barely bought anything! How did this happen? I did not get to the maternity store. Decided that it was just too stressful with the kids and all, so I will go back in a month or so, when I am starting to really need the clothes, by myself or with a girlfriend. That way I can have a relaxing day by myself as well. DH owes me one. He has been working like crazy lately. I added it up and he worked 80 hrs of overtime last week, on top of his regular schedule. He came with us today, but almost fell asleep a number of time, and is back to work tomorrow Sad Oh well, All that overtime makes Christmas alot less stressful.

Starryblue702's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 04/06/11
Posts: 5454

"celticbandgeek" wrote:

Hi all! I know I'm determined to get my crowns by the time this LO gets here! Come and chat and get that post count going!

*lurker*

Jean (and for anyone else interested), the best way to get to the crowns is to play the gaming board EVERY DAY!! It's an extra 25 posts a day (you can't tell I'm trying to get there myself lol)!!

aphart0's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 11/21/08
Posts: 681

I really doubt that I will be able to get any crowns before this LO gets here but I am definitely in for trying to get some more pencils. Bring on the chatting.

I am just sitting here at work and I probably should be working. But I just love looking at pregnancy sites (carefully though so someone doesn't sneak up behind me and find out my little secret) and learning about how our LO's are growing.

I just ordered a Christmas stocking for this little one last night. We make these felt applique kit stockings for each of us in our family and now I will have one for the baby. It is a good thing I don't need it done until next year because those things take me forever to complete. But they are a lot of fun and look great in the end. I just have to wait a while to find out what name I need to sew on it.

Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 06/18/11
Posts: 1425

"aphart0" wrote:

I really doubt that I will be able to get any crowns before this LO gets here but I am definitely in for trying to get some more pencils. Bring on the chatting.

I am just sitting here at work and I probably should be working. But I just love looking at pregnancy sites (carefully though so someone doesn't sneak up behind me and find out my little secret) and learning about how our LO's are growing.

I just ordered a Christmas stocking for this little one last night. We make these felt applique kit stockings for each of us in our family and now I will have one for the baby. It is a good thing I don't need it done until next year because those things take me forever to complete. But they are a lot of fun and look great in the end. I just have to wait a while to find out what name I need to sew on it.

LOL, this is me exactly!! I am supposed to be working, but it is much more fun on here with you ladies. I keep pg.org up in a window and I sneak back WAY too much.

SunDevil28's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 04/30/07
Posts: 496

Nicole - I just hopped on to this thread, and I see you are also doing some academic writing! I am working on my thesis for my doctorate in classical singing, and I also want to have it mostly finished by the end of this semester. I doubt I will be able to get it through all the university's red tape by May, but I have to finish most of it! It's hard enough doing it with one kid, let alone two! Anyway, defending next fall is my plan. Maybe we can kick each other's butts and make sure we get everything done! Though, you seem to be doing better than I am, I'm still in the research phase. And mine is more like a "research paper" - it doesn't have to be original research and it only has to be 50ish pages. I just need a kick in the butt to get it done! Who volunteers to kick my butt at regular intervals? (Starting in January when my show is over, LOL)

Mandy - I am all over the pregnancy sites too! I can't wait to get matching stockings for this LO and my DS, even though that is a whole year away! LOL

Deanna - We also had our last T-ball of the season here on Saturday. It was kind of bittersweet for me too!

How many posts are crowns, anyway? 5000?

Well, I canceled 6 students because I'm sick today, and managed to get in a whopping 13 hours of sleep. I do feel a bit better so that's good. Looking forward to spending the rest of the day on the couch editing pics and catching up on TV. Thank goodness DS is in preschool and that DH is supportive. I normally wouldn't get couch time while I'm sick, except that I really do need to get better so I can sing 7 shows this week!

aphart0's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 11/21/08
Posts: 681

I just got asked if I was preggo. Not the casual "are you pregnant yet" but the stare at my belly "is that a baby bump I see" blatant asking. Are you kidding me? No I am not pregnant (at least not far enough along for me to tell you that I am and not far enough along to be showing). This was the same chick who my first week back from maternity leave after DS poked me in the stomach and asked when I was due. Seriously!! Get a clue!! You can't just go around saying that. ARRRGGHHHHH!!!!

And I hope she isn't smart enough to count back when I finally do tell people that pregnant and realize that I actually was when she made her comment.

Aggiegirl06's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 8 months ago
Joined: 03/31/09
Posts: 567

Jean- thinking of you today. Please let us know how your scan went today when you get a chance.

Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 06/18/11
Posts: 1425

"aphart0" wrote:

I just got asked if I was preggo. Not the casual "are you pregnant yet" but the stare at my belly "is that a baby bump I see" blatant asking. Are you kidding me? No I am not pregnant (at least not far enough along for me to tell you that I am and not far enough along to be showing). This was the same chick who my first week back from maternity leave after DS poked me in the stomach and asked when I was due. Seriously!! Get a clue!! You can't just go around saying that. ARRRGGHHHHH!!!!

And I hope she isn't smart enough to count back when I finally do tell people that pregnant and realize that I actually was when she made her comment.

Don't you just want to smack people like that? GRRRR

I will share my vent. 5 (yes 5) women in my job have just had babies all within one month of each other. My boss (a male) actually made the comment to me that these women had babies just to get a break from a crazy CFO who works here also.

Somehow, I am pretty sure that the crazy CFO isn't the cause of all 5 getting pregnant at the same time. It is from SEX pal.

I am going to hold off telling him as long as possible. Luckily I usually have a Dr appt or 2 a month for cancer follow-up so I will probably be able to slide by for a bit without having to say why I need to go to Dr.

celticbandgeek's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 1 month ago
Joined: 06/14/10
Posts: 950
POSS M/C Ment

"Aggiegirl06" wrote:

Jean- thinking of you today. Please let us know how your scan went today when you get a chance.

Thanks for checking in on me!

POSS M/C Ment:

No good news today. Still no fetal pole or HB. Sad And, I now have a cyst (most likely the corpus luteum, although I have to drag info out of these people so I do not have that confirmed) that is now either blood filled or has a clot in it, according to the u/s dr this morning.

They have written it off as non-viable, and I can't really say that I'm holding out any real hope, either. The gest sac is still growing (up to 12.75mm) and my HCG is still going up, although more slowly. It was 8426 today, which was about a 50% increase over the weekend. The nurse said to come back on Wednesday to "confirm the loss", and then discuss a D&C or waiting it out. I've already told the nurse I will not be doing a D&C anytime soon. I'm not going to argue with them about their assumptions at this point, but until I either start bleeding, or the numbers stop or start going down, or I meet the clinical criteria for a loss (no pole and HB with sac at 16-18mm), I won't do anything permanent. I don't really think the result will be any different, but I guess I'm just stubborn that way.

I'm upset with them about the cyst. It is a pretty good size from the u/s this morning and I know from a friend's experience around here that it should be monitored in case it ruptures. But, when I asked the nurse about it she didn't know anything except what she read in the notes, which means the dr didn't say anything about it. Then she fumbled for words for a sec, then just came out with "well, sometimes we see that in losses." Huh?

Just a frustrating day all around. It ain't over 'til it's over, but I suspect it's just a waiting game at this point. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers ladies. :bigarmhug: I'll KUP.

aphart0's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 11/21/08
Posts: 681

Oh no Jean. I am so sorry about your appointment. And I am sorry about the insensitivity of your doctors and nurses. It doesn't seem right that they seem to have an uncaring attitude about your cyst. My thoughts and prayers are with you and I sincerely hope that your little bean can pull through. KUP!!
:bighug:

SunDevil28's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 04/30/07
Posts: 496

So sorry Jean. Hugs!

WhiteWolf68's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 8 months ago
Joined: 02/06/09
Posts: 505

Jean, I've been thinking about you all day long here... I am so sorry. Sad I have been in your shoes before and it is never easy. I'm here for you...sending tons of hugs.

Jen

ChrissyD2103's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 7 months ago
Joined: 10/09/07
Posts: 526

Jean- I have been stalking the board all day waiting for yor update, and my heart just sank for you when reading this. I am so sorry that your appointment did not go well, and shame on your Dr. office for not being more compassionate and caring!!! I am hoping for the best for you and sending you the biggest hug I can (((HUGS)))

nmpiche's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/29/07
Posts: 508

Jean, I am so sorry to hear your news. I had a fluid filled corpus luteum/cyst with my last m/c. It was somewhat painful but did go away on it's own. I am thinking of you and sending good wishes your way, hang in there.

Andi, I would love to have a thesis buddy! I cannot imagine doing this with two kiddos. I will be sure to ask you how the writing is going come Jan.

Aphart0, I would say something rather rude to that coworker. Or just tell her she's rude when she does things like that.

Offline
Last seen: 3 years 11 months ago
Joined: 08/15/06
Posts: 210

Jean, I am really sorry. I hope you have a much better appointment on wednesday.

Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 06/18/11
Posts: 1425

Jean- I am so sorry. I will be thinking of you and hoping that things turn around.

ftmom's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 09/04/06
Posts: 1538

"aphart0" wrote:

I just got asked if I was preggo. Not the casual "are you pregnant yet" but the stare at my belly "is that a baby bump I see" blatant asking. Are you kidding me? No I am not pregnant (at least not far enough along for me to tell you that I am and not far enough along to be showing). This was the same chick who my first week back from maternity leave after DS poked me in the stomach and asked when I was due. Seriously!! Get a clue!! You can't just go around saying that. ARRRGGHHHHH!!!!

And I hope she isn't smart enough to count back when I finally do tell people that pregnant and realize that I actually was when she made her comment.

That is horrible. Some people just shouldnt be allowed to interact with others.

I did get a 'so I see your not drinking coffee today' wink, wink, at playgroup today. I had to think really fast and told the lady that I read an article about caffine affecting fertility, so stopped drinking it.

"celticbandgeek" wrote:

Thanks for checking in on me!

POSS M/C Ment:

No good news today. Still no fetal pole or HB. Sad And, I now have a cyst (most likely the corpus luteum, although I have to drag info out of these people so I do not have that confirmed) that is now either blood filled or has a clot in it, according to the u/s dr this morning.

They have written it off as non-viable, and I can't really say that I'm holding out any real hope, either. The gest sac is still growing (up to 12.75mm) and my HCG is still going up, although more slowly. It was 8426 today, which was about a 50% increase over the weekend. The nurse said to come back on Wednesday to "confirm the loss", and then discuss a D&C or waiting it out. I've already told the nurse I will not be doing a D&C anytime soon. I'm not going to argue with them about their assumptions at this point, but until I either start bleeding, or the numbers stop or start going down, or I meet the clinical criteria for a loss (no pole and HB with sac at 16-18mm), I won't do anything permanent. I don't really think the result will be any different, but I guess I'm just stubborn that way.

I'm upset with them about the cyst. It is a pretty good size from the u/s this morning and I know from a friend's experience around here that it should be monitored in case it ruptures. But, when I asked the nurse about it she didn't know anything except what she read in the notes, which means the dr didn't say anything about it. Then she fumbled for words for a sec, then just came out with "well, sometimes we see that in losses." Huh?

Just a frustrating day all around. It ain't over 'til it's over, but I suspect it's just a waiting game at this point. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers ladies. :bigarmhug: I'll KUP.

I am so sorry you are going through this. I hope you get some 'real' answers soon and that everything works out. You are in my thoughts.

aphart0's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 11/21/08
Posts: 681

How do you all answer the "are you pregnant?" question? I struggle with this since people know I want lots of kids and I made the mistake of telling people I was trying. So about once a day I get that famous question. I hate lying and most times I try to turn it into a joke by sticking out my stomach and saying I must be 10 or 12 months along.

So how do you all handle it?

nmpiche's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/29/07
Posts: 508

aphart0: I actually had a coworker put her hand on my belly and say "Time for another one." That was about one week before I got my BFP. At the time, I was pretty upset as my boss had told me his wife is expecting, and I have had 2 m/c this past year. It was literally on my way to the bathroom after congratulating him, and trying not to cry (I just want to have another baby so badly and although I am delighted for him and his wife, I wanted the person pregnant to be me). So when above coworker did that to me, I said that she shouldn't ask that question, had she considered the possibility that I had been suffering from m/c? She felt awful and launched into some story about her brother and his wife and their battle with infertility. Bottom line, I don't think she'll do that to anyone else. I think if I hadn't been upset I would have shrugged and said something like "I'll make sure your the first person who knows when I do get pregnant." I am going to try to survive Tday at the in-laws without mentioning it. It will be pretty obvious when I am not drinking. I just don't want all the parents to get upset (again) if we have a 3rd m/c.

Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 06/18/11
Posts: 1425

"aphart0" wrote:

How do you all answer the "are you pregnant?" question? I struggle with this since people know I want lots of kids and I made the mistake of telling people I was trying. So about once a day I get that famous question. I hate lying and most times I try to turn it into a joke by sticking out my stomach and saying I must be 10 or 12 months along.

So how do you all handle it?

Luckily only two of my sisters, and one very close friend really knew we were trying, so I manage to escape the question. I mean, they asked every single month, and were so happy when I sent them pics of my test!

I don't know what I would say in your circumstance, but good luck.

Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 01/08/10
Posts: 335

I got this question with my son and I just kept telling everyone trying. That way it isn't completely lying to anyone but shouldn't give anything away either. Also even if you do lie to them, most if not all will understand when you finally decide to tell them why you didn't tell them when it was still early on.

aphart0's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 11/21/08
Posts: 681

Good luck today Jean!! I am thinking about you and praying for you. I hope that you get good news.

Cinn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 7 months ago
Joined: 02/19/07
Posts: 68

Be thinking about you today Jean! Really sorry you are going through this and hope your doctors learned some sensitivity since last time! Hugs

I usually tell people who ask if I'm pregnant trying... now that I actually am pregnant and they are friends or family I tell them, because I wanted to not tell anyone except maybe parents and sibs until after Christmas but my DH was so excited now everyone knows. While it kinda upset me because I have had a 2nd trimester m/c in the past and didn't want to get everyone's hopes up. And Now I cant stop worrying....So I really can't wait for our appointment on the 1st, so DH doubting parents will have rock solid proof and can lay off asking me "Are you certain your pregnant?" BAHHHHHHHH! As for my self I don't think I'll stop worrying til baby is here because of the loss...
Sorry Ladies, Got a little carried away there. Just needed a vent I guess. I hope your in laws aren't like that Smile

ftmom's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 09/04/06
Posts: 1538

"Cinn" wrote:

Be thinking about you today Jean! Really sorry you are going through this and hope your doctors learned some sensitivity since last time! Hugs

I usually tell people who ask if I'm pregnant trying... now that I actually am pregnant and they are friends or family I tell them, because I wanted to not tell anyone except maybe parents and sibs until after Christmas but my DH was so excited now everyone knows. While it kinda upset me because I have had a 2nd trimester m/c in the past and didn't want to get everyone's hopes up. And Now I cant stop worrying....So I really can't wait for our appointment on the 1st, so DH doubting parents will have rock solid proof and can lay off asking me "Are you certain your pregnant?" BAHHHHHHHH! As for my self I don't think I'll stop worrying til baby is here because of the loss...
Sorry Ladies, Got a little carried away there. Just needed a vent I guess. I hope your in laws aren't like that Smile

That is horrible! What do they think, that you just like to pretend you are pregnant? I am not the hugest fan of my ILs, but at least they arent that jerkish.

Cinn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 7 months ago
Joined: 02/19/07
Posts: 68

Oddly as a person my Ils like me. I have been best friends with their daughter since like grade 8. They just don't seem to like me near as much as Wife to their son. Which flows from a previous ex who totally messed my husband up and all kinds of crap, but in their eyes I'll always be like her. I don't work enough( 15 hours a week isn't alot but I am always looking for another job or volunteering or babysitting or crafting with the hopes of selling some of my stuff), im lazy( I actually have med issues but I work through them and have even started to go to the gym to help, plus I volunteer and try and clean up after 3 men and 3 animals), im just after him for his money (of which we have none) but whatever. I am super frightened of this weekend as his brother and his family are coming down and I have heard bad things and good things depending on who have talked to and I have never met him in the 3 years DH and I have been together... I just don't think I could take any rude remarks and or other forms of negativity. And I'm not usually one to bite my tongue but I do alot around his family... where as my fam I tell it how it is

TessaS's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 5 months ago
Joined: 11/19/11
Posts: 100

Hey...so I have been meaning to stick my head in here to say hi. I know most of you have read my thread, but recap...I'm 27, due July 7th, and this is my first pregnancy. Having a horrible time with my morning sickness...think I am finding some relief finally from some of the suggestions from you great ladies. So thank you Smile

Stessed out today. The appointment for the DH did not go super well. They think he might have severed some nerves in his hand and might be looking at sugery next week. He is not feeling well. Also...I am weaning myself off my anxiety med...sure that isn't helping lol.

Ug, I just feel so sick and tired. I am not upset at him, because I know he feels aweful to. I just wish he felt better, that he accident didn't happen, so he could care about me. I am having a hard time cooking for him because of MS and I have no energy. He is so bad about taking his meds and following doctors orders, and I am sick of having to stay on him. Ug, I feel bad...he feels aweful. I know not everyone has someone to help them through this. Hormones are just a mess now. LOL...ok, rant is done.

Jean, I am again so sorry about your news. So glad that you have found a wonderful doctor...hope they can figure something out.

Wow, I can't believe people can be so insensitive. I have never ran into comments like that.

Cinn, I hope your inlaws behave themselves this weekend. Thanksgiving can be such a stressful time.

nmpch, wow! What nerve...glad that you set her straight...hopefully she won't hurt anyone else. Some people can be so clueless. I hope tomorrow goes well with the inlaws.

Pages