feeling ovulation pain?

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
glwolf's picture
Joined: 09/26/11
Posts: 928
feeling ovulation pain?

I'm feeling ovulation pain on my right side but it's only day 8. am i imagining it or do you think it could happen this early? I'm afraid we may have missed our window and we will :lovebed: tomorrow but if I'm ovulating now we will miss it by time DH gets home from work. Plus we need to put the kids to bed first LOL

So, my ? is... how soon after you feel OV pain do you release the egg? If i'm feeling it at 2:00AM do I have a chance to catch it if we BD tomorrow at about 10pm?

glwolf's picture
Joined: 09/26/11
Posts: 928

ok so it wasn't anything i guess. my fertility monitor had me test today and fertility was low. i guess it knows my cycle better then i do LOL. This is why i use it!

angelover02740's picture
Joined: 07/10/07
Posts: 1342

my right ovary was hurting last during BDing so i know i should be oing soon. still waiting for my + on my OPK

glwolf's picture
Joined: 09/26/11
Posts: 928

"angelover02740" wrote:

my right ovary was hurting last during BDing so i know i should be oing soon. still waiting for my + on my OPK

so it must hurt for a little while before it happens huh? I'm surprised i really thought it hurt like the day of ov! I was shocked when the fertility monitor said i had low fertility today :eek: lol. I'm such a dork!

Leah261's picture
Joined: 09/14/11
Posts: 1244

I'm having the same problem. I'm so confused about ovulation this time. Since I've been on Clomid I've stopped using OPKs because for one thing they were stressing me out and for another thing the doc said if we stuck to his schedule it didn't matter when as long as I did. So we just BD every other day for over a week or something like that and we should be fine. Well last month on the Clomid ovulation was so painful that there was no question it was happening, but I was okay with that. This time it's been hurting a lot for a few days now but it hasn't been as intense as it was last time so I'm thinking it's still working up to it...it definitely hurt while BD'ing last night and had some intense pains after for a while so I've got to be close. I'm CD14 now and last month it was CD15. I just hope it happens before we go out of town and are so exhausted that BD'ing is harder to do. Haha. It looks like we're in the same boat Gina! Waiting to ovulate is no fun this time!

glwolf's picture
Joined: 09/26/11
Posts: 928

"Leah261" wrote:

I'm having the same problem. I'm so confused about ovulation this time. Since I've been on Clomid I've stopped using OPKs because for one thing they were stressing me out and for another thing the doc said if we stuck to his schedule it didn't matter when as long as I did. So we just BD every other day for over a week or something like that and we should be fine. Well last month on the Clomid ovulation was so painful that there was no question it was happening, but I was okay with that. This time it's been hurting a lot for a few days now but it hasn't been as intense as it was last time so I'm thinking it's still working up to it...it definitely hurt while BD'ing last night and had some intense pains after for a while so I've got to be close. I'm CD14 now and last month it was CD15. I just hope it happens before we go out of town and are so exhausted that BD'ing is harder to do. Haha. It looks like we're in the same boat Gina! Waiting to ovulate is no fun this time!

I'm sorry that really stinks! have you thought about getting the clearblue easy fertility monitor? i have heard you can use it with clomid and it really helps to pin down the exact time of ovulation. they sell them on ebay and you can reset them so it will be like brand new! I've heard of people getting them off craigslist for $50 too. here are some reviews http://www.amazon.com/Clearblue-Fertility-Starter-Packaging-Vary/product-reviews/B004G5RHCO/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_summary?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending maybe it will help? I'll let you know if it helps me this month Smile

Leah261's picture
Joined: 09/14/11
Posts: 1244

Thanks Gina! I'll definitely consider it if we don't get our BFP this month. I so hope we do though. I'd so love to have a July baby!

belindab's picture
Joined: 06/15/02
Posts: 1033

I read that O pain isn't the best predictor of O, at least as far as exactly when you are o'ing. It said you can start having aches or pains days before O as the egg is maturing. You can also have pain as you actually o from the follicle rupturing and the egg bursting out of the ovary. The pain means your body is getting ready but it may not mean actual o. I would go with what your monitor says.

glwolf's picture
Joined: 09/26/11
Posts: 928

"belindab" wrote:

I read that O pain isn't the best predictor of O, at least as far as exactly when you are o'ing. It said you can start having aches or pains days before O as the egg is maturing. You can also have pain as you actually o from the follicle rupturing and the egg bursting out of the ovary. The pain means your body is getting ready but it may not mean actual o. I would go with what your monitor says.

yeah i think i just have to trust it. I don't know why i'm having such a hard time trusting it since it helped me with my other pregnancys. i'm just gonna try to forget about it and relax and have fun Smile

Leah261's picture
Joined: 09/14/11
Posts: 1244

"glwolf" wrote:

yeah i think i just have to trust it. I don't know why i'm having such a hard time trusting it since it helped me with my other pregnancys. i'm just gonna try to forget about it and relax and have fun Smile

That's what I'm trying to do. Just relax and have fun. Last month it was just so obvious when I ovulated because it was so painful. It felt exactly like my ovary exploded and the doc said that was what it was...that hasn't happened yet this time but who knows. It doesn't matter anyway as long as we stick to the BD schedule the doc gave us so we're just going to stick to that and keep our fingers crossed and hope it works. And relax and have fun of course. Smile