DH felt the baby move last night

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Joined: 12/01/05
Posts: 1000
DH felt the baby move last night

We were lying in bed, and DH had his hand on my belly and felt Emily kick for the first time. Later in the night, I had my own hand on my belly and felt her kick. So exciting! Anyone else's DH/SO felt the baby kick yet?

Dundees2010's picture
Joined: 05/05/10
Posts: 229

That's awesome! It is so exciting! DH felt the baby move last week--before that he had been a bit evasive. Every time I would say he is kicking he would stop by the time DH got over by me to touch my belly.

Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

I've felt her, it's hard sometimes though because i have an anterior placenta

elleon17's picture
Joined: 01/26/09
Posts: 1981

"janijanis" wrote:

I've felt her, it's hard sometimes though because i have an anterior placenta

I feel her all the time, but same here for other people.

DH is wierd about feeling the baby. He likes it, but as soon as he does it interferes with any nookie time. It wierds him out.

Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

i've been feeling her more lately. starting to feel more like thumps. Before that though it was random and i wasn't feeling much unless it was very low.

Joined: 12/01/05
Posts: 1000

"janijanis" wrote:

i've been feeling her more lately. starting to feel more like thumps. Before that though it was random and i wasn't feeling much unless it was very low.

I'm starting to feel more thumps too, and sometimes little jerks like hiccups or something.

Joined: 03/22/13
Posts: 1

Im pregnant with my first and Due July 27th, and im not sure if I have felt her move or not. I have some odd feelings every once in a while but not sure if its her moving or not. Anyone else pregnant with their first?

Joined: 12/01/05
Posts: 1000

"ladda1511" wrote:

Im pregnant with my first and Due July 27th, and im not sure if I have felt her move or not. I have some odd feelings every once in a while but not sure if its her moving or not. Anyone else pregnant with their first?

This isn't my first, but it's not unusual to not feel movement right away, because you don't know what you're looking for. Pretty soon, she will be strong enough that it will be unmistakable.

Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

Welcome ladda Smile I think most of us have already had one child here.

With my first I started feeling him around 16 weeks but wasn't sure either. it didn't become more distinct until around this time. At first it just felt like tickling or little twitching going on and as time went on it got stronger and felt more like thumps. If you have an anterior placenta it can take longer to feel movement as well.