Birthday presents

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Minx_Kristi's picture
Joined: 01/02/09
Posts: 1261
Birthday presents

I need help!

I am struggling to decide what to get Leia so need some inspiration from you guys.

The toys aimed at her age seem too babyish so I don't know what to go for......

What do you have in mind for your LOs?

xx

Joined: 06/18/07
Posts: 98

We don't usually get big gifts for Thomas. His grandparents are good at spoiling him. I would love to get him a nice swingset. Right now, he loves anything to do with transportation, but that doesn't help with a girl. Not sure what girls are into! Maybe a nice dollhouse? I always wanted the Barbie mansion growing up.

Lemongirl's picture
Joined: 10/27/07
Posts: 220

We're getting Ava a dollhouse - a nice wooden one. And a couple Disney movie DVDs. I tried to hold off on tv to entertain her as long as possible - at 37 weeks pregnant though, I finally see the real value in an hour plus of peace while she watches the boob tube, lol.

mommyvolc's picture
Joined: 03/22/07
Posts: 1296

We've gotten her a dollhouse. Its plastic, but in good shape (we got it at a garage sale) and is HUGE! Comes with all the furnishings etc. We also got a lot of craft supplies, finger paints and baby scissors and glitter paints etc. She is going to LOVE it!
Nicole

pickles07's picture
Joined: 05/30/07
Posts: 175

We are getting Nate a balance bike. I might get him a Numberjacks dvd or something because he's crazy about them at the moment, but not sure.

Cali26's picture
Joined: 02/01/07
Posts: 1040

I haven't decided yet, but J is asking for a skateboard. They have some cute ones for little ones. I might have to fulfill his request Smile

Minx_Kristi's picture
Joined: 01/02/09
Posts: 1261

Thanks for the input ladies!

Leia wants a scooter, a didicar and a bike LOL. I do want to get her one of these but then the weather is on and off here and I worry she won't get much use out of them.

I have decided I am going to get her more arty farty stuff for a rainy day because I know she loves to make things.

She's only just started to 'dress up' so I might get her a few costumes, although she is pestering me for a spiderman costume haha.

xx

iluvmygemini's picture
Joined: 09/02/08
Posts: 1393

"Cali26" wrote:

I haven't decided yet, but J is asking for a skateboard. They have some cute ones for little ones. I might have to fulfill his request Smile

ryan wants a skateboard too! he got a toy in a happy meal or something a while ago and it came with a zhu zhu pet on a skateboard, and i caught him yesterday trying to ride the skateboard :rolleyes: i guess its time to get him his very own skateboard! lol we will probably get ryan more CARS stuff. hes still obsessed with the movie.

Joined: 06/18/07
Posts: 98

"iluvmygemini" wrote:

we will probably get ryan more CARS stuff. hes still obsessed with the movie.

Thomas loves CARS too! He just started getting into Toy Story, but I think I'm going to stick with the Cars theme for his party. I've already bought too much to switch now.

I do want to get a scooter for Thomas. They have the ones with 3 wheels, and I'm sure he would love it. He still "scoots" on his trike- no pedaling yet.

Cali26's picture
Joined: 02/01/07
Posts: 1040

"iluvmygemini" wrote:

ryan wants a skateboard too! he got a toy in a happy meal or something a while ago and it came with a zhu zhu pet on a skateboard, and i caught him yesterday trying to ride the skateboard :rolleyes: i guess its time to get him his very own skateboard! lol we will probably get ryan more CARS stuff. hes still obsessed with the movie.

Target has a cute 'Piston Cup' CARS skateboard (21") for $20! It's one I'm thinking about getting.

"scoopcath" wrote:

Thomas loves CARS too! He just started getting into Toy Story, but I think I'm going to stick with the Cars theme for his party. I've already bought too much to switch now.

I do want to get a scooter for Thomas. They have the ones with 3 wheels, and I'm sure he would love it. He still "scoots" on his trike- no pedaling yet.

We have the 3 wheeled scooter and J loves it. It's a good choice for a gift idea Smile

kittenchan's picture
Joined: 08/12/07
Posts: 1118

I'm not sure what we're getting Callie for her birthday. I do have a very nice set of wooden magnetic letter (capital and lowercase) which I'll give her. I'll also get her some books for sure. She has a tricycle, but liked the scooter our neighbor had the other day. As you can see, I'm still looking for some 'bigger' ideas, too!