Last week, I got a call from Thomas' school saying that he developed hives after eating peanut butter. He had never eaten pb before. He always told me he didn't like it, but would never try it. I knew they were serving "ants on a log" for "Letter A" week, but I didn't think anything of it. I was surprised that he even ate it! They said he ate it right off the spoon.
I took him to the doctor, and we had blood drawn for an allergy test. The doctor called last night to say it is definitely a peanut allergy. Out of 6 levels, his allergy is a level 4. So, it's not deadly but is pretty serious. She gave me a prescription for an epi-pen jr. I'll keep one and leave one at school.
Has anyone else gone through this? Do you recommend an alert bracelet? What questions should I be asking the doctor? Thanks ladies!
We found out this summer that Callie is allergic to cashews and pistachios. I carry an epi jr, and one is at her daycare, too. Her allergy is a class 3. I'm sorry you have to deal with it :/
I'm sorry Thomas has a peanut allergy :( I don't have any experience so I am unable to offer any advice. GL and kup on how things go!