Exhausted! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Exhausted!

  1. #11
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    7,517

    Default

    I've never had one sleep through the night until they were at least 12 months old! I've gotten really good at sleeping with a baby attached to my boob or squirming next to me though. I'm about to kick Aidan out of the bed though. Probably when I'm out of the first trimester and actually have enough energy to deal with consistently making him stay in his bed for the night. It usually only takes a few days of "mommy means business" and mine get the idea! Of course, at that point I start waking up to pee in the night. I think "maybe" I've had a solid night sleep around 3-5 times total in the last 9 years!! After awhile your body just adapts!

    Quote Originally Posted by tink9702 View Post
    yep, been exhausted from the beginning. But it's partially because DD still doesn't STTN (and probably NEVER will). *sigh* So I don't get enough uninterrupted sleep.
    Laurie
    Mom to Odessa (8 ), Sophie (6), Nadia (5), Elliana (3), Aidan (1), and baby Madelyn.



  2. #12
    Posting Addict tink9702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pollo_la View Post
    I've never had one sleep through the night until they were at least 12 months old! I've gotten really good at sleeping with a baby attached to my boob or squirming next to me though. I'm about to kick Aidan out of the bed though. Probably when I'm out of the first trimester and actually have enough energy to deal with consistently making him stay in his bed for the night. It usually only takes a few days of "mommy means business" and mine get the idea! Of course, at that point I start waking up to pee in the night. I think "maybe" I've had a solid night sleep around 3-5 times total in the last 9 years!! After awhile your body just adapts!
    ha, I don't think I'm adapting. it's the one thing about being a mommy I wish I could change - getting more sleep! I think it might be harder for me mentally too because DS STTN at 6 months!!
    ~~Mel

    Ethan - June 21, 2009
    Olivia - December 5, 2010
    5w3d - October/November 2012

    My Ovulation Chart

  3. #13
    Posting Addict ChristaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicago area
    Posts
    9,225

    Default

    I've been tired almost from the start. More so this time than with the other two. I was thinking its just because I'm older and chasing after two young kids.
    Me: Christa, 41
    DH: Craig, 47 (Married: 8/19/05)
    DD: Kendall Evelyn (10/6/06)
    DS: Quentin Vincent (4/14/09)

    : November 2012@ 10 weeks (due date: 6/22/13)
    : June 2013 @ 7-1/2 weeks (due date: 2/10/14)
    : December 2013 @ 4 weeks (due date: 8/9/14)
    : April 2014 @ 4 weeks (due date: 1/1/15)
    : July 2014 @ 4 weeks - Chemical (due date: 3/5/15 )

  4. #14
    Prolific Poster quonsetmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    My daughter does sstn but off and on. she still sleeps in our room and doesn't go to bed on her own or nap on her own either. I really need to break her (and my) bad habits....when i have the energy. lol She turns 1 on the 3rd
    pollo_la and Heatherbella like this.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

  5. #15
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    7,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quonsetmom View Post
    My daughter does sstn but off and on. she still sleeps in our room and doesn't go to bed on her own or nap on her own either. I really need to break her (and my) bad habits....when i have the energy. lol She turns 1 on the 3rd
    It really is about OUR bad habits isn't it! I'm always a fan of doing whatever works well at the time... at least when it comes to sleep!!
    Heatherbella likes this.
    Laurie
    Mom to Odessa (8 ), Sophie (6), Nadia (5), Elliana (3), Aidan (1), and baby Madelyn.



  6. #16
    Posting Addict tink9702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pollo_la View Post
    It really is about OUR bad habits isn't it! I'm always a fan of doing whatever works well at the time... at least when it comes to sleep!!
    LOL! yep!

    we half co-slept for over a year with DD. We moved her in with her brother maybe 6 months ago and out of her crib and into a bed about 1 month ago. None of it seems to matter. The girl wakes up at night most nights once. problem is it's not at the same time, anywhere from 10pm to 3am. not fun at all. I think ultimately she's just a light sleeper and any little thing can wake her up. Bedtime is at least more pleasant with her NOT in a crib, but in the shared room with DS, so we'll take what we can.!
    ~~Mel

    Ethan - June 21, 2009
    Olivia - December 5, 2010
    5w3d - October/November 2012

    My Ovulation Chart

  7. #17
    Prolific Poster Momma Leah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,052

    Default

    My son is 5 1/2 and still doesn't sleep though the night. A lot of nights he drags his sleeping bag into our room and sleeps on the floor, or climbs in our bed...I don't think he will ever quit!
    Leah



  8. #18
    Posting Addict Heatherbella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Western Canada
    Posts
    14,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Momma Leah View Post
    My son is 5 1/2 and still doesn't sleep though the night. A lot of nights he drags his sleeping bag into our room and sleeps on the floor, or climbs in our bed...I don't think he will ever quit!
    Wow, I'd go insane! You're one strong mama!
    Heather, 37

    Kennedy - b. 01.26.10 after 15 cycles of TTC
    Marshall - b. 06.17.13 after 3 cycles of TTC



  9. #19
    Posting Addict tink9702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Momma Leah View Post
    My son is 5 1/2 and still doesn't sleep though the night. A lot of nights he drags his sleeping bag into our room and sleeps on the floor, or climbs in our bed...I don't think he will ever quit!
    does he wake you up Leah? Or does he just crawl into your room and you continue to sleep through it?
    ~~Mel

    Ethan - June 21, 2009
    Olivia - December 5, 2010
    5w3d - October/November 2012

    My Ovulation Chart

  10. #20
    Prolific Poster Momma Leah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,052

    Default

    He used to wake me up, and I would send him to his bed. He has figured out to be super sneaky! We would lock our door, but I'm not crazy about that idea, on account of an emergency. I know once baby comes he won't be getting much sleep either if he is sleeping on my floor! I really don't know what to do!
    Leah



Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions