All depends on how you feel about it. If going sooner rather than later will put your mind at ease, I'd say go for it. If your doctor is one that does a US this early but you want to be for sure to see a HB I would say give it a couple weeks.
I went to my midwife last week at 5 weeks. She just took all my info for my Antenatal record thing, did a pap and sent me for bloodwork. I don't have to go back for 7 weeks, so at 13 weeks. Does your doctor do any early bloodwork or anything?
I'm trying to remember from my last. Seems they did do blood work and a pap, but I had a pap a few months ago so I think I'm good there. One plus is I could go ahead and ask for zofran so I have it ready when m/s hits. They do a dating u/s though and I know they wouldn't be able to tell much of anything. Maybe they'll hold off or do a 2nd one? Not worried about seeing a h/b since I know it's too early it won't worry me.
hmmm, personally I'd call and schedule for later. Then again I have to take off work to get to the appointments, so I want to make sure I see a heartbeat when I go to make it worth it
Ethan - June 21, 2009
Olivia - December 5, 2010
5w3d - October/November 2012
My Ovulation Chart
My OB won't see me until 8 weeks from LMP. That was he can look for a HB and all that. Personally, I wouldn't go in at 5 weeks, but my doc doesn't do blood work routinely so there would be no point. It just all depends on what your dr likes to do I guess.