flockoflambs -- account deactivated

30 posts / 0 new
Last post
MissyJ's picture
Joined: 01/31/02
Posts: 3212
flockoflambs -- account deactivated

Hi all,

We deactivated this account due to the association with fake accounts. I didn't want anyone to be worried.

Thanks!
~Missy (missyj@pregnancy.org)

Heatherbella's picture
Joined: 02/14/05
Posts: 4169

Oh no! Wow, so he/she was a troll? No twins? No car accident? That's crazy!!!!

nidia's picture
Joined: 06/08/07
Posts: 1812

It's crazy but it sounded fishy to me.. especially with the questions about twins and then bam.. I am having twins and found out bc of the accident.

Heatherbella's picture
Joined: 02/14/05
Posts: 4169

"nidia" wrote:

It's crazy but it sounded fishy to me.. especially with the questions about twins and then bam.. I am having twins and found out bc of the accident.

Well she did say a little while between those two events that her midwife may have found 2 heartbeats. Still sort of weird. I guess I just don't fully understand why someone would do something like that. It seems like so much work to go to for what sort of reward? I don't know...perhaps people are just bored...

desertdaisy's picture
Joined: 07/17/09
Posts: 177

Wow! I just don't understand why someone would go through all the trouble just to fake us out. Sad

Joined: 10/02/11
Posts: 1937

I spend enough time trying to figure out my "real" life, much less remembering a "fake" one... *sigh* I will never understand people...

LaurenE's picture
Joined: 06/19/10
Posts: 854

"nidia" wrote:

It's crazy but it sounded fishy to me.. especially with the questions about twins and then bam.. I am having twins and found out bc of the accident.

It did to me too. Part of me wondered if she was going to "lose" one or both babies. I was trying to give the benefit of the doubt, but I can't say I am THAT surprise.

And I have no idea why people bother with fake accounts. Makes absolutely no since to me. I barely have enough time to comment on my real life.

sandraleigh's picture
Joined: 11/23/06
Posts: 2672

As soon as I saw the twins thread I was suspicious. Then with the car accident thread, I didn't even comment because I KNEW that was over the top. Glad my instincts are in check.

Heatherbella's picture
Joined: 02/14/05
Posts: 4169

"sandraleigh" wrote:

As soon as I saw the twins thread I was suspicious. Then with the car accident thread, I didn't even comment because I KNEW that was over the top. Glad my instincts are in check.

I guess I'm a sucker! LOL. The funny thing is I'm normally pretty skeptical.

angelover02740's picture
Joined: 07/10/07
Posts: 1342

unreal, why waste your time making fake accounts, seriously what do people get out of that

Joined: 06/08/08
Posts: 498

"Heatherbella" wrote:

I guess I'm a sucker! LOL. The funny thing is I'm normally pretty skeptical.

I'm usually super skeptical too. But I guess I'm a sucker just like you this time!

Joined: 10/17/12
Posts: 62

I had NO idea!! Who does that??

Clarkton's picture
Joined: 01/07/08
Posts: 1972

I don't think ya'll are suckers. I'm not super surprised either but I always try to give the benefit of the doubt on here too b/c I've seen some crazy stories that apparantly really were true...at least weren't called out as otherwise. I would hate to not support someone, who came her looking for a community, through a crazy time in their life just b/c I was supicious of their story. I think we have a great board of ladies here...who wouldn't want to be a part of it. Blum 3

akpufa's picture
Joined: 01/31/08
Posts: 3078

"sandraleigh" wrote:

As soon as I saw the twins thread I was suspicious. Then with the car accident thread, I didn't even comment because I KNEW that was over the top. Glad my instincts are in check.

I had the same vibe from that point too, but really wanted to give the benefit of doubt to someone. OH well...people need to find more productive hobbies. To be honest, I was thinking of PMing Missy on this to see what she thought but hadn't had time so nice catch Missy Biggrin I'm always impressed with how you can keep your eyes on so many boards!

sandraleigh's picture
Joined: 11/23/06
Posts: 2672

Very true Lynn. Sometimes terrible things DO happen, and I would hope everyone could come here for support. Something about flockoflambs posts just rubbed me the wrong way though. The way she worded things seemed "off" to me sometimes.

quonsetmom's picture
Joined: 10/10/12
Posts: 1559

It was quite the spectacle huh. Too bad i am the most gullible person you will ever meet. I just like to see the good in everything.

Joined: 08/25/10
Posts: 385

I remember thinking it was weird that she started SO many threads all of a sudden, but the thought of a total fake out didn't really cross my mind too much for the same reason other people said - I couldn't imagine spending so much time making up completely false stories. I don't think it's that people are gullible or not, but if you can't possibly imagine doing it, why would you imagine others doing it? I don't spend enough time on these boards to realize that people would troll them to make stuff up.

Joined: 10/12/04
Posts: 961

I was so upset that she said her 7 or 8 year old took the brunt if the crash from the front seat (where a child of that age has no flipping business sitting) that I couldn't even respond to the post. I'm a car safety freak. I'm glad it's not true.

Joined: 03/07/05
Posts: 1595

"PCCGirl813" wrote:

I was so upset that she said her 7 or 8 year old took the brunt if the crash from the front seat (where a child of that age has no flipping business sitting) that I couldn't even respond to the post. I'm a car safety freak. I'm glad it's not true.

I was thinking the same thing! I was thinking, "and what country are you from again??? And is it normal for a young child to be in the front seat???"

nidia's picture
Joined: 06/08/07
Posts: 1812

"PCCGirl813" wrote:

I was so upset that she said her 7 or 8 year old took the brunt if the crash from the front seat (where a child of that age has no flipping business sitting) that I couldn't even respond to the post. I'm a car safety freak. I'm glad it's not true.

See, I was wondering why a 7/8 year old would be in the front seat too.. but you know.. I didn't want to start something! Upset anyone, etc.

Heatherbella's picture
Joined: 02/14/05
Posts: 4169

I was wondering about the being in the front seat too!!!!

Babymaybe2's picture
Joined: 07/24/12
Posts: 518

Wow... it is really sad that people do stuff like that. I am really gullible too Sad

Momma Leah's picture
Joined: 05/13/12
Posts: 1047

When she started posting a bunch of stuff kinda out of the blue, I had a little ping go off in my head, fakers seem to like to get all of the attention. But like some of you said, I want to be nice to everyone because sometimes the truth can seem fake and the fake can sound true. I have seen a few people deactivated on this site for faking it, one with an even more fantastical story than this. It seems that most fake stories seem to follow the same kinda path. There have even been a couple on this board that I have suspected of faking, neither of them are here any longer, though. Fakers are one reason why I don't share too much personal info on here, you never know what they are up to. I don't like to share where I live, or my kids names, even though it is hard not to sometimes!

akpufa's picture
Joined: 01/31/08
Posts: 3078

"Momma Leah" wrote:

When she started posting a bunch of stuff kinda out of the blue, I had a little ping go off in my head, fakers seem to like to get all of the attention. But like some of you said, I want to be nice to everyone because sometimes the truth can seem fake and the fake can sound true. I have seen a few people deactivated on this site for faking it, one with an even more fantastical story than this. It seems that most fake stories seem to follow the same kinda path. There have even been a couple on this board that I have suspected of faking, neither of them are here any longer, though. Fakers are one reason why I don't share too much personal info on here, you never know what they are up to. I don't like to share where I live, or my kids names, even though it is hard not to sometimes!

Same here...anyone doing an internet search can stumble upon a thread. Sadly enough, there are too many untrustworthy, sketchy people out there.

Joined: 10/12/04
Posts: 961

I've been a member here for a long, long time and have seen this all too often. It's upsetting and shakes your trust up a little. But try not to let one bad apple spoil the whole thing for you. There are some truly amazing women here who are worth getting to know. Some of the ladies from Tori's board are still ladies I talk to on a daily basis. And my Lucas board? Wow, we got lucky and a bunch of us live pretty close. I've got a play date with one of them on Friday. Just... Try not to lose faith in people on this site overall. There's so much good to be found here.

nidia's picture
Joined: 06/08/07
Posts: 1812

"PCCGirl813" wrote:

Just... Try not to lose faith in people on this site overall. There's so much good to be found here.

I totally agree! Our July '08 mamas, while the board isn't active anymore, we are active in a group on FB and we are all close and a lot of us have met! There's some really awesome gals here but there's also those nasty trolls!

angelover02740's picture
Joined: 07/10/07
Posts: 1342

same here on May 2088 board, our board isnt active really but we're all friends on FB and we've even some of us got to meet each other and the kids had playdates

Minx_Kristi's picture
Joined: 01/02/09
Posts: 1261

I had my suspicions when I seen her post yesterday.

If you ever 'doubt' someone, all you need to do is let Missy know and she will investigate. I did it myself and felt like a complete b*tch for it, but turned out my intuition was right.

I actually feel sorry for these people - they must live such sheltered lives.

xx

mom2robbie's picture
Joined: 01/20/07
Posts: 2541

:lurk:
the trigger for me was the two children most injured where on different sides of the car! that and there is no way I would let my 7 year old in the front seat of the car!

gardenbug's picture
Joined: 03/12/07
Posts: 2025

Crazy, but some true situations are awfully crazy too.