Eventful appointment. I was in so much pain just walking from the waiting area to the exam room so the nurse decided I should probably be checked again and I agreed.
BP was 120/80. Had trouble finding HB -- it was a little higher than normal. I freaked at first because yesterday I was sure he had turned breech. But he's still head down although his head isn't as low as it seemed before. Dr. Said its still floating.
Dilated to 3cm now. Told him I wasn't sure if I was having really contractions or what. So he decided to put me on the NST machine to see. The first nurse out the monitor way too high so I was getting one steady number. Another nurse moved it down a few inches and bam, we started seeing some rise and fall. From my reading the numbers themselves don't mean anything but for fellow number crunchers, my baseline was 10 and a few contractions peaked at 45. Most went to 23.
Dr. Says they are real contractions and to go home and get in bed and take a nap because I need to rest. He said he wouldn't be surprised if full on labor picks up within 2-3 days. Eeeeeek.
So now I'm trying to split my brain to embrace both the idea of him coming this weekend and the reality that it is possible to go on this way for another week or two.