Well I've finally gotten some emotional balls back (sorry for the vulgarity if that bothers anyone) just wanted to put up a post on what's been happening and or what has happened during my last two months.
I was finally diagnosed with an ectopic/ovarian pregnancy. It's been a rough time for me and its taken a bit of strength to finally come talk to y'all. Mainly because I'm looking to see if anyone has had similar situations. I had to have two rounds of the methotrexate shot to diffuse the pregnancy. I never thought I could have such an emotional roller coaster such as this. As of this time my hcg has finally fallen to a negative. But my dr wants me to get on birth control. I do not want to do that and I want to TTC now. Anyone have any pointers or words of advice? I've heard different stories of methotrexate causing birth defects and that is the reason for the need to wait at least 3 cycles. I've also heard that it isn't really proven that the methotrexate does indeed cause defects. I feel like my heart is ready as well as my body. I pray that everyone else is doing well and that your little beans are thriving!!
Hi girl. Thank you so much for posting. I've been thinking about you a lot. I'm so sorry to hear what happened. Unfortunately I don't have any advice to offer...just love and support. I can understand your desire to TTC right away. *hugs*
I'm so sorry.
I don't know nothing about the medication, but wish I could help.
I'm so sorry!!
Honestly,in my opinion and if it was me, I would follow the doctors words wait for 3 months. The meds may not do any damage if you were to concieve right away, but I don't know that I would be comfortable with the possibility. Maybe even wait 2 months. Thats just what I would do. You might be comfortable TTC right away, but I would be nervous. Let your body heal a little, get the drugs out of your system, then try. Maybe even see how your next cycle is. If its normal, then maybe TTC.
Good Luck and KUP!!
I'm so sorry to hear it has been a rough road for you on recent weeks. . I usually lean toward not waiting if you don't want to after a loss. Especially if it was a natural m/c and not even too worried about waiting after a d&c but more think you should pay attention to how you feel and if your body is acting normal. However this is one situation I would say go with your docs recommendation. It's true they don't know for sure the actual risks after methotrexate but I wouldn't take the chance. I know how hard it is to wait and how much you just want to be pregnant again...I've BTDT and it sucks. But in the long run it's a few short months to give your next baby the best chance. I hope the wait passes quickly for you. Best wishes for you. ((hugs))
Hello dear! I am so sorry for your loss.
Like the others have said, I know you feel like you are ready, but with the conflicting reports on what the methotrexate can do I think it might be best just to wait it out, then jump back in fully when you are sure it won't cause any issues.
I've been thinking about you. No advice, but (((hugs))).
Hugs -- so sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers to you. Sorry, I don't have any personal advice on this subject. However, I can tell you a very good friend of mine had an ectopic pregnancy and then subsequently had two successful pregnancies. Hang in there.
Glad to hear from you, I have been thinking about you. I don't really know what to tell you, good luck to you in whatever you choose to do!