Oh no Rachel, I'm so very sorry! . I have been wondering about you...thank you for updating. I know how hard this is but I am glad it resolved naturally for you, especially since you seem more relieved with that path. With my first loss I ended up having a D&C at 12.5 wks after waiting and no signs of my body realizing it was over. I remember the day I found out and facing the decision of how to deal with the physical part...I actually wanted it to end naturally b/c to me, at the time, I felt it would give more closure to the pregnancy, if that makes any sense. My second loss was a natural m/c and I did find it easier physically. I also believe its best if you are ready to try again soon b/c you don't have to wait on your body to "reset".
I'm just so sorry you had to go through this. I pray emotional healing for you and your DH. Best wishes for you when you try again.
im so sorry for your loss, its so difficult but Im happy to hear that your guys are planning on trying again.
I'm so sorry to read this. *hugs* Best of luck to you in the future. Please pop in when you can.
Thank you all for your warm responses. It feels good to be able to share it with 'someone.' It's also reassuring to hear that others have been through the same thing. As I was going through this process, I was realizing what a new found respect I have for anyone who's gone through this. It is much more complex than I had imagined and I feel like there is a faux pas when it come to talking about it. So, thank you all for 'listening.'
I'm so very sorry!!!
Hugs -- I'm so sorry! When you are up to it, join us on the TTC after a loss board. The ladies are very supportive.
I can totally relate to the question of meds or D&C. I elected the D&C simply because my body wasn't preparing at all -- I wasn't bleeding, I was still having morning sickness, etc. If I elected the meds, I was told I probably would have needed two doses and if I waited on my body alone, there was no telling how long it might take. It was hard even after we decided to go with the D&C -- We also plan to wait until I recover (I was told to wait at least 2 cycles) and then I think we will try again; maybe we will end up on the same board