Just finished my car seat project :) (pic heavy)

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Babymaybe2's picture
Joined: 07/24/12
Posts: 518
Just finished my car seat project :) (pic heavy)

I finished recovering the car seat a little while ago but was waiting til I finished the canopy blanket to take pictures. Hubby wasn't too sure of the gray zebra print for a boy but I love the way it turned out!



Then the canopy blanket I made. I orded one online but it was really thick and heavy, so I wanted one that was lightweight for summer.


All ready for Baby Aiden with head support and piddle pad (those things are a lifesaver!!)

This is a generic pic to show what it looked like before. I had to change the colors because the sit and stand stroller we got is black and gray.

Joined: 03/07/05
Posts: 1595

Nice. Good work!!

sandraleigh's picture
Joined: 11/23/06
Posts: 2672

Wow, great job!

Momma Leah's picture
Joined: 05/13/12
Posts: 1047

So cute, nice job!

Clarkton's picture
Joined: 01/07/08
Posts: 1972

I love it and the think the colors and print are fine for boy or girl. Great job mama! Smile

angelover02740's picture
Joined: 07/10/07
Posts: 1342

that looks great!!!

quonsetmom's picture
Joined: 10/10/12
Posts: 1559

I love it, great job

elleon17's picture
Joined: 01/26/09
Posts: 1981

I'm am seriously very, very impressed! That is awesome!

MJDttc's picture
Joined: 08/12/12
Posts: 1118

THAT IS AWESOME!!!
It looks like it fits perfectly! I have seen some on etsy that don't look like they fit as well but I am waaaay to lazy to try to make it myself. I think the grey zebra is just fine for a boy (but then unless its like pink or purple I don't think its gender specific.)

Heatherbella's picture
Joined: 02/14/05
Posts: 4169

Wow! You did a WONDERFUL job. It looks so professional! I love how it all matches!!!

I made a high chair cover when DD was little and it turn out so poopy. I hate it. Blum 3

Just an FYI...car seat technicians don't recommend any mods to car seats, whether it be after market head cozies, strap covers or custom covers like yours. Car seats aren't crash tested using all those variables so it's hard to know how baby would fare. It's totally your call to use that stuff, I just wanted to let you know.

akpufa's picture
Joined: 01/31/08
Posts: 3078

Impressive!

Clarkton's picture
Joined: 01/07/08
Posts: 1972

"Heatherbella" wrote:

...
Just an FYI...car seat technicians don't recommend any mods to car seats, whether it be after market head cozies, strap covers or custom covers like yours. Car seats aren't crash tested using all those variables so it's hard to know how baby would fare. It's totally your call to use that stuff, I just wanted to let you know.

This is true...but I personally wouldn't worry about a cover like that as long as it fits well, allowing all the straps to be positioned properly and as long as it doesn't have extra padding / is of comparable thickness as the original cover. You (general you) don't want extra padding between the baby and the seat that can compress in the event of a crash.

Heatherbella's picture
Joined: 02/14/05
Posts: 4169

"Clarkton" wrote:

This is true...but I personally wouldn't worry about a cover like that as long as it fits well, allowing all the straps to be positioned properly and as long as it doesn't have extra padding / is of comparable thickness as the original cover. You (general you) don't want extra padding between the baby and the seat that can compress in the event of a crash.

For sure! I just thought I'd mention it because it was something I sure didn't know when I had DD!

Babymaybe2's picture
Joined: 07/24/12
Posts: 518

Thanks everyone! I am so excited to be able to use it. And thanks Heather, I did read that so I used the original padding (after I took it all apart) and the original top fabric for my pattern so I could match up the holes where the straps go and everything. Ton of work but gotta be safe!

Heatherbella's picture
Joined: 02/14/05
Posts: 4169

"Babymaybe2" wrote:

Thanks everyone! I am so excited to be able to use it. And thanks Heather, I did read that so I used the original padding (after I took it all apart) and the original top fabric for my pattern so I could match up the holes where the straps go and everything. Ton of work but gotta be safe!

Nice one!!!!! Can't wait to see your LO in it! Biggrin