QOTD 3/25

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
akpufa's picture
Joined: 01/31/08
Posts: 3078
QOTD 3/25

How often do you "pamper" yourself (ie: massage, mani/pedi, facial, etc)?

sandraleigh's picture
Joined: 11/23/06
Posts: 2672

I don't often do stuff like this - usually only a pedi once a year or every 18 months. DH did treat me to a massage for our anniversary last year. He mentioned last night maybe I could get a foot massage or a prenatal massage in the next month or so - he wants to go to the spa and have an ear candle done LOL.

I usually get a pedi done a few weeks before baby is due (my last pedi was before DS2 was born) so maybe I will do that again. Nice to have pretty toes for delivery ROFL since everything else the nurses and Dr. see is so nasty....LOL.

MJDttc's picture
Joined: 08/12/12
Posts: 1117

Never. I kinda mangle one of my toe nails, so there isn't much point in having them done. I bite my nails and for some reason it feels weird to have the added weight of polish on them (I realize this is likely 100% in my head.)

quonsetmom's picture
Joined: 10/10/12
Posts: 1559

I've never had a message but I did get manis done every 4 weeks or so from September till I was put on bed rest. It was nice and I miss having nice nails. I want a pedi b4 I have Em but since I can't go out its out of the question. I meant to b4 el but it was scheduled at 38 and she came at 37 lol.

Momma Leah's picture
Joined: 05/13/12
Posts: 1047

I get a pedi once a year. Never had a massage. And mani's are a waste of time for me, I have weak, brittle nails.
I would love to get my pedi's more often but that really adds up after a few times.

elleon17's picture
Joined: 01/26/09
Posts: 1981

In my dream world, I would have a massage and or facial 2 -3 times a week!

In reality, once or twice a year for a pedi and same for a massage/facial.

I had a pregnancy massage with DS and didn't like it. I felt awkward laying on my side the whole time.

Heatherbella's picture
Joined: 02/14/05
Posts: 4169

All of the above are a waste of money in my mind. If someone else were paying, I'd get a pedi once in a while, but it's not worth the money for me. I've had a few massages lately because they are paid for by my medical but I wouldn't pay money for one.

Momma Leah's picture
Joined: 05/13/12
Posts: 1047

"Heatherbella" wrote:

All of the above are a waste of money in my mind. If someone else were paying, I'd get a pedi once in a while, but it's not worth the money for me. I've had a few massages lately because they are paid for by my medical but I wouldn't pay money for one.

My mother in law gives me a pedi for Mother's Day, otherwise I would never get one. But they are wonderful!

MJDttc's picture
Joined: 08/12/12
Posts: 1117

"quonsetmom" wrote:

I've never had a message but I did get manis done every 4 weeks or so from September till I was put on bed rest. It was nice and I miss having nice nails. I want a pedi b4 I have Em but since I can't go out its out of the question. I meant to b4 el but it was scheduled at 38 and she came at 37 lol.

Maybe call a nail place and see if there are any techs willing to come out to your house?

Joined: 10/12/04
Posts: 961

Never. I'm not a big fan of strangers touching me so all of those things to me are less pampering and closer to panic attacks!

I do treat myself to expensive haircuts, though. That's my splurge.

Joined: 08/25/07
Posts: 203

I don't do any of the above. I do also pay more for nice highlights and haircuts, but only 2x a year.

quonsetmom's picture
Joined: 10/10/12
Posts: 1559

"MJDttc" wrote:

Maybe call a nail place and see if there are any techs willing to come out to your house?

I asked the friend that does mine and she said its too much to bring over Sad I got the gel nails on my existing nails.

Joined: 03/07/05
Posts: 1595

It hasn't happened yet... I guess that puts me in the never category.

akpufa's picture
Joined: 01/31/08
Posts: 3078

I'm like Sandra, I get a pedi before having a baby Wink and then if someone gives me one as gift. I probably get a massage once every few years...they feel so great but are too pricey just to enjoy being rubbed down IMO!

Log in or register to post comments