I was thinking today about what I want to do differently this pregnancy as opposed to last. I know we have a few other moms here who have 1, 2, or more kids already....so what are you going to do differently this pregnancy?
I'm NOT taking a belly photo EVERY FRIDAY for the entire pregnancy. Seemed like a good idea at the time...but never again. LOL.
I'm going to try to eat healthier but I probably won't exercise. I'm not now...so... LOL. If I said I was going to, I'd be lying.
Oh, I also might not have the glucose test this time. We are allowed to opt out.
I also am thinking about not finding out the sex of the baby this time.
I would love to not find out the gender, but there is no way my husband would go along with that. He hates surprises!
Im going to appreciate and savour every moment of this pregnancy as its likely to me by last. I'm going to try not to moan about any niggles lol and I'm going to try not to wish it away. Easier said than done though when you worry all the time. You impatiently wait to get to the second trimester, then the 24 week mark, then before you know it, pregnancy is over and!
I'm not going to pig out as much, I still haven't got rid of some weight from the other two pregnancies so I can't afford to put more weight on than necessary. And I did really pig out with my second. Portion control is not my best thing!
I'm also going to take regular belly pics and more pics of me, I hardly have any pg pics from the boys
I'm also going to try to eat better and not gain as much weight. I mean I'm not going to count calories or anything but you know. Last time I gained 45 pounds and I've only lost 20 of it. So I'm starting out this pregnancy about 20-30 pounds overweight already. I'm going to try not to stress as much. But that is already not happening. I will definitely be finding out the gender
Im older and wiser this pregnancy thats for sure !!
I was young and didnt really know what I wanted or what to do so I just continued my life as though I wasnt pregnant so this time
1. I will treasure every day I am pregnant and enjoy all the flutters and kicks
2. I sadly continued smoking with my son (I quit 5 years ago) so no smoking this time
3. I will limit my caffeine I usually have two cups of strong coffee in the morning and then at least one diet dr pepper. Might try some decaffeinated coffee maybe do half and half.
4. Drink more water, I wasnt able to BF my son because I never produced enough milk and I think that was mostly due to not having enough fluids. I will drink more water for sure this time.
5. I am thinking I dont want to know the sex of the baby I may not get away with this as my DH and my family will most likely drive me crazy until I find out.
6. Prenatals I didnt take one with my son I want to be committed to taking them everyday
Thats all I can think of now but im sure there is more ... Im so excited !!
I would love not to find out the gender too but my DH has a thousand arguments against it and it really isn't important enough to me to go against his wishes if he feels that strongly about it. He says he needs time to mentally prepare. Whatever. LOL
Speaking from experience, exercise during pregnancy helps sooooo much I can't even tell you. Did it help me gain less? No. Did it make me feel better? Maybe. But the big benefits were I didn't develop pre-e like the 1st time (could be related or not), glucose levels stayed in the "normal" range (the 1st time they were borderline), and most important my body bounced back WAY faster and with less effort the 2nd time! I plan to run and cycle (indoor once winter hits until after the birth) this pregnancy as well but hope to incorporate more weights.