Weight gain - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Weight gain

  1. #11
    Posting Addict sandraleigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    7,995

    Default

    We don't own a scale, but I hopped on the Wii Fit the other day and it said I was down about 5 lbs from my usual weight. Not sure if it was being accurate, since I usually never lose weight (since I don't get sick), but I'll take it!

    I try to keep my gain to 30 lbs. With DD I gained 50. With my boys I gained around 30, but when you have nearly 10 lb babies, I guess you gotta pack on the pounds
    Sandra & Chris ~ June 10, 2005
    Ella Marie ~ July 17, 2007
    Eli Jeremy ~ February 9, 2009
    Emerson Blake ~ November 26, 2011
    Ethan Maverick ~ June 7, 2013




  2. #12
    Posting Addict Heatherbella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Western Canada
    Posts
    14,373

    Default

    We use our Wii Fit to weigh ourselves too! We have scales but we are scientists so we like the graphs.
    mom2robbie and elleon17 like this.
    Heather, 37

    Kennedy - b. 01.26.10 after 15 cycles of TTC
    Marshall - b. 06.17.13 after 3 cycles of TTC



  3. #13
    Posting Addict mom2robbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    5,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heatherbella View Post
    I'm starting at 153 lbs this time and hoping to stay under 200 lbs. Last time I did not. I was huge and it was way more work to lose it afterwards.


    lol, I got down to 200lbs when I had Robbie, I weigh about 20 lbs more then I did when I got pregnant with Robbie Wish I could have kept the weight off and lost more. Weird that my body like to lose weight when I am pregnant. I had lost 15lbs with Bailey who died at 12 weeks. And I eat a TON when I am pregnant!
    Margaret (44)
    Sean (38 )
    Robbie (8 )
    Bailey (April 2, 2011)


    "The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind." Caroline Myss

  4. #14
    Posting Addict mom2robbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    5,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sandraleigh View Post
    We don't own a scale, but I hopped on the Wii Fit the other day and it said I was down about 5 lbs from my usual weight. Not sure if it was being accurate, since I usually never lose weight (since I don't get sick), but I'll take it!

    I try to keep my gain to 30 lbs. With DD I gained 50. With my boys I gained around 30, but when you have nearly 10 lb babies, I guess you gotta pack on the pounds
    Sandra, you get so big with your babies I can't even imagine how you walk with your big belly! I hope I have a 6lber which is about what Robbie would have been if he was not 4 weeks early.
    Margaret (44)
    Sean (38 )
    Robbie (8 )
    Bailey (April 2, 2011)


    "The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind." Caroline Myss

  5. #15
    Posting Addict akpufa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mom2robbie View Post
    I hope I have a 6lber which is about what Robbie would have been if he was not 4 weeks early.
    You never know though...I've seen pretty small girls carry some huge babies like nothing and others carry small babies HUGE. Just depends on your body I guess! I've had a 6 lb 13 oz and a 7 lb 14 oz and couldn't tell much of a difference (but that's only a pound obviously). Oh and I was pretty huge with my <7 pounder still! lol
    Ashley
    DH since 2006 DD Aug '09 DS1 July '11 DS2 June '13

    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

  6. #16
    Posting Addict angelover02740's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New Bedford, MA
    Posts
    5,435

    Default

    im only up 1 pound by 8 weeks i was already up 4 I think by 11 weeks i was 11 pounds heavier, i didnt lose my pregnancy weight so im alot higher than i'd like to be, im trying to keep my weight down and not over eating but i must say im not really craving the most healthiest stuff
    Karen-32
    Angel-31
    Isaiah-5yrs
    Classic smiley-angel 4/11 blighted ovum
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

  7. #17
    Prolific Poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,674

    Default

    So far I think I have gained 3 lbs. which I'm surprised because I have been forcing myself to eat. Although I did go from working out at least 3 times a week to not working out because I'm utterly exhausted. I'm about 5'4" and was at 118 and now 121. So you can definitely tell that's have gained some weight. Which is why my jeans don't button now. Ha

    I'm hoping to gain 30 to 35 lbs this time. I gained 38 with DD and 30 with DS.
    ~Jackie
    Married DH 5/18/07






  8. #18
    Prolific Poster quonsetmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    I am a heavier girl to start with and with elora i was down 12 by the time i had her. I initially lost 39 lbs because I was eating healthier and being sick but gained back 17 by the end. Right now i am down 30 lbs. but good news is, i can eat again! love zofran.
    angelover02740 and akpufa like this.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

  9. #19
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    7,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quonsetmom View Post
    I am a heavier girl to start with and with elora i was down 12 by the time i had her. I initially lost 39 lbs because I was eating healthier and being sick but gained back 17 by the end. Right now i am down 30 lbs. but good news is, i can eat again! love zofran.
    So happy to hear you can eat again!!
    Heatherbella and quonsetmom like this.
    Laurie
    Mom to Odessa (8 ), Sophie (6), Nadia (5), Elliana (3), Aidan (1), and baby Madelyn.



  10. #20
    Posting Addict sandraleigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    7,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akpufa View Post
    You never know though...I've seen pretty small girls carry some huge babies like nothing and others carry small babies HUGE. Just depends on your body I guess! I've had a 6 lb 13 oz and a 7 lb 14 oz and couldn't tell much of a difference (but that's only a pound obviously). Oh and I was pretty huge with my <7 pounder still! lol
    I get HUGELY ENORMOUS by the end of my pregnancy. I am a fairly small/average girl (usually 5'6", 130 lbs) but I have nearly 10 lb boys. This will likely be the last baby.....I am so glad I only have one more time to tote around the HUGE belly on my fairly small frame!
    akpufa and mom2robbie like this.
    Sandra & Chris ~ June 10, 2005
    Ella Marie ~ July 17, 2007
    Eli Jeremy ~ February 9, 2009
    Emerson Blake ~ November 26, 2011
    Ethan Maverick ~ June 7, 2013




Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions