I've been so worried about this baby. Yes I feel pregnant and everything but I just want to know its little heart is beating. You know?
I'm having a ultrasound with the doctor next month nov 8th.... But I need to know now either or not it's ok. I'm scared!!
I found this website online where they do ultrasounds:
UltraSona of the Ozarks
They have a session for heart beat checks and u get photos for 40 dollars.
Heartbeat Check- $40.00 (after 5 weeks)
15 minute session
2-3 Black and white photos
I know $40 is a lot of money for a heart beat check.... But I think if it gives me piece of mind about my baby it's a good thing???*
What would you ladies do????
Last edited by MissyJ; 10-15-2012 at 11:27 AM.
For some reason on my end it's not showing my whole post.....
The coding for the link was broken and wasn't allowing your entire post to load. I was able to fix it for you.
P.S. In regards to your question, I hope you won't mind my weighing in. I totally understand your desire to hear your little one and to get some reassurance. I'm sorry that you are worried. My personal advice, however, is to wait until your ultrasound with your doctor. Early heartbeats typically are detected through trans-vaginal ultrasounds and the results can vary -- particularly as ovulation does not always occur specifically when we expect so the dates could be off. This is not in any way a reflection on the company but instead based upon personal experience with early u/s not picking up as expected. In my case I was absolutely certain of my dates but years later can recall the stress of being told that I needed to expect a m/c or to consider the option to go through a d & c. Instead I switched doctors, pressed for a higher level u/s at the hospital and *then* they picked up a perfect hb. While I know waiting can be hard, by the time you go to your ultrasound at your doctor's office you will be further along and have the ability to be much more confident in the results. I'm sending you *peace of mind* vibes and will be cheering you on all the way through June!
Thanks for fixing the post Missy! I figured it was something code-wise.
If you CAN get an external u/s for $40 I'd do it. I'm having my early u/s at 7 weeks and last time I was 7.5 weeks they were able to see the heartbeat and do so externally. How many weeks are you?
I agree with Missy on this one.
The 40 dollars isn't too terrible. But it is only a week or so ahead of you regular appointment. But it is all up to you. I would say the part of me that wants peace of mind would be all for it, but my frugal side says it is only a few more days wait.
Since I probably won't see a doctor till January I was thinking about hitting up the Anti-abortion "clinic" for a free ultrasound. We did one at 12 weeks with DS there and it made DH feel a lot better.
I would do the earlier ultrasound only if I was 100% sure of my dates and I was at least 6.5 weeks along. Any earlier then that and you risk them not being able to find a heartbeat when things are still progressing just fine. That would be an emotional nightmare I wouldn't wish on anyone.
If it would make you feel better, then do it. $40 isn't a bad price for an ultrasound. Personally I would just wait. I know it is hard to wait, I think we all probably worry at least a little until we hear that heartbeat for the first time. But normally after we hear that, we find something else to worry about. Whatever you decide to do will be best for you though!