Just in case you haven't seen my posts on Facebook, my lab results came back negative for Cancer!!! However, until they get this thing completely out of my ear, we won't know for sure about the rest of it. The doctor seems very confident that it has been going on for quite some time, and if part of it was negative, the rest of it probably would too.
They decided to hold off on the surgery and take it on a week-by-week basis. I am on some pretty heavy antibiotics and steroids, which is finally starting to shrink this blockage a bit. Doc says the smaller we can get it prior to surgery, the better the outcome will be! As is stands right now, I have 100% hearing loss, and doc thinks we may get about 15% to 40% back. At this point, anything is better than nothing.
I had to move McKenzie back into my room at night, because I can't hear her all the way across the house, even with the monitor up all the way. So we are kinda back to square one, but she is napping in there still, so hopefully it will be an easy transition after this is over.
My next appointment is next Friday, and if it continues to shrink, we'll check it again the following week. If it is the same, then surgery will be scheduled the following Wednesday. I have been told it will be a 2-4 hour surgery, going in through my ear canal and also making an incision behind my ear too. Out of work for at least a week, as it's a pretty delicate recovery time. My mom will be coming up and I am SOOOO thankful she'll be here.
So if you've made it this far, thanks...sorry it's a long, drawn out bunch of you know what!